F & W, MVMCP, & Space Mountain Photo Fest!

Well we are back from 9 days at the World! It was great but I cannot believe it is already over! :(
I have a ton of pics and we did so much that it may take me a bit to get this finished but I thought I would go ahead and start.

We arrived on Friday November 6th noonish just as the shooting that I am sure you all heard about was happening. The first thing that I noticed was that there was a helicopter hovering near a building, then I saw like 4 more and we start seeing more police than I have ever seen in my entire life. We barely made it through before they shut down I-4 and as we drove on through near the building where it happened there were officers with assault rifles pointed at the building. Needless to say we were very freaked out and it put a somber mood on our arrival. (Prayers to the families that were affected by this very sad event.)

We arrived at POP and was able to check right in and go to our room, a very nice surprise! I did use the online check-in and it was great. No line just walk up get your packet and off to unload. We were in the 80's building which was what I was hoping for. I really enjoyed our stay there, very clean and not noisy at all like I had heard that it was. (at least our room) I know I have better pics of POP that I will post later but this is the one I snapped going into our room.

102_5391.jpg

So after taking everything in it was straight to MK.. which was really crowded at least to me, I think we are spoiled by going in September when crowds are much lower.

DH snapped this as my feet hit my beloved Main Street once again!! I can't believe I am posting it but it is funny so ... lol

102_5408.jpg

Christmas decorations were beautiful and I tried to snap as many as I could so much more to come later.
102_5410.jpg

102_5414.jpg

102_5416.jpg

We headed to Frontierland as always to take a ride on Splash but after seeing the wait (40 mins) we fastpassed it and went to have lunch at Pecos Bills (another first day tradition) After finishing up there it was time to ride my favorite ride and we got totally soaked which is great in September not so great when it is only 75!

We wandered over to Tomorrowland to see the walls at Space Mountain and the new green signage before heading over to the F & W Festival at EPCOT. Interesting to note that on that first day at Space the walls were all around and you could not get close that would change soon when the walls were removed and I was able to take more pictures. (this one was taken near the entrance on Sunday or Monday I think.. days run together
I paid close attention to every detail and change because I wanted to ride it so bad.. which I did get to!
102_6092.jpg

F & W coming up....

popsicletrees

I'm enjoying your report and pictures of all of the Christmas decorations. You have a beautiful family! Looking forward to reading more!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Great pictures, great looking family. Awaiting more!

I'm enjoying your report and pictures of all of the Christmas decorations. You have a beautiful family! Looking forward to reading more!

Thank you guys very much! =)

Thursday was a vey cold and windy day which I suppose made the Christmas Party more festive, at least we did not burn up with the Mickey Santa hats on but it was so cold walking around the Poly that I had no desire to lay in the hammock! lol Snapped a pic though and of the lifeguards in Parkas before heading in to eat at Ohana for the first time. The food here was wonderful! I think I liked it better even than Le Cellier. It was a keeper. Our ressies were at 5:00 so it pushed us a little getting in in time for the castle lighting. I thought I would have time to buy hats but while I was in line they lit it!!! DH taped it for me though. The snow on Main Street started falling as I was walking up to find DH. It was breathtaking! I had seen the snow on the Streets of America but it is just better on Main Street.

Few pics-

102_6282.jpg

I cannot imagine anyone getting in the pool even if it is heated you have to get out sooner or later!
102_6293.jpg

(Looking for better castle pics from later in the night)

100_6326.jpg

101_0557.jpg

We rode Buzz and then split up so that DD & I could go see some characters. Most of my character photos are on Photopass because I only had DD's camera with me but here is one of Minnie

101_0561.jpg

and Donald

100_6536-1.jpg

Strange thing about this party was that the lines for characters were not that bad early anyway but the park was really packed not all like the Halloween party. Very fun but harder to get everything done because of the traffic. It took us forever to get from the castle show to Frontierland where DH & DS had staked out a spot for the parade.

Stopped to watch the dance party for a minute.

100_6545.jpg

100_6551-1.jpg

Few pics from the castle show

101_0584.jpg

101_0574.jpg

Will add more in next post in just a bit after I go through some more of them.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Couple more from the castle show. I was hoping to get back with DH before then because he had the camera and DD's card was almost full but did not until the parade. I loved the show especially Chip N' Dale, had not seen the animated version. They look so cool I love that the tuft on Dale's head is there! I <3 those Chipmunks so much!

101_0607.jpg

101_0610.jpg

We watched the first parade and barely made it to where DH and DS had staked out a spot.

100_6341.jpg

and wouldn't you know my stupid camera battery would go dead right as Mickey and Minnie were passing so I only got one shot

100_6344.jpg

100_6349.jpg

100_6351.jpg

100_6357.jpg

100_6361.jpg

100_6372.jpg

Loved the pine smell coming from Chip N Dale's float.. again I love those chipmunks!
100_6378.jpg

More parade coming up!!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
100_6469.jpg

100_6472.jpg

100_6485.jpg

100_6495.jpg

After the parade we stepped up a bit to Liberty Square and watched Holiday Wishes from there. While I missed the view of the castle the fireworks looked really good from there.

Crappy camera but did capture a couple of okay shots...

100_6511.jpg

100_6504.jpg

New Tomorrowland show caught part of it...

100_6533.jpg

Rode Splash even though it was freezing but the water levels were down so we did not get wet anyway.

And it was already time to leave so we snapped a few pics on the way out.

100_6571-1.jpg

100_6561-1.jpg

100_6569-1.jpg

As I find more photos I will add later...

We didn't get back to the resort til 12:45 and by the time we were in the bed it was 1:30! Which isn't so bad except that we had 8:00 am ressies for Ohana's breakfast. Yes we ate there 2 days in a row because DD wanted BF there and DS wanted dinner.. lol both were great and it is a new fave!

Pics comin up next......

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
So the alarm went off at 6:00 am and to be honest I wanted to cancel I was so tired but DH was the trooper and got us all up and ready.

I loved Ohana for breakfast as much as I did for dinner, it is great! Laid back that early and not crowded plenty of character time unlike Chef Mickey's. Loved the food and the Stitch Juice was great! ;)

100_6584.jpg

100_6586.jpg

100_6594.jpg

Poor Pluto DD left him no food and he was begging!
100_6604.jpg

100_6605.jpg

so he had no choice but ot eat her head!!!

100_6606.jpg

100_6607.jpg

Hidden Mickey...

100_6610.jpg

Mikester71

AWESOME trip report and pics!!! :sohappy: We usually only go to WDW during our Spring Break in March, but your pics make me want to go so bad during the holidays now!!! It looks AMAZING!!!!! :xmas:

Thanks for sharing them with us! :wave:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
AWESOME trip report and pics!!! :sohappy: We usually only go to WDW during our Spring Break in March, but your pics make me want to go so bad during the holidays now!!! It looks AMAZING!!!!! :xmas:

Thanks for sharing them with us! :wave:

Thank you! It really is nice to see all the Christmas shows and decorations. I am glad that we did it even if it was more crowded than we are used to.

Hoping to get the report finished later today. :)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Enjoying following along! :)

Thanks Nibbs! I really meant to have this finished already but had a busy weekend.

So after we left Ohana we went to AK to hit EE again and all of our faves before going to Epcot for dinner at Garden Grill.

I am going to be very honest and say that I am not really sure what all we did on this day. We may have went back to DHS as well because we park-hopped alot!

Here are some pics from the day from Garden Grill-

Dale came and plopped down by DD and she beamed. She adores him like I do.

100_6845-1.jpg

100_6850-1.jpg

I always look so goofy in my pics with Chip N Dale... I think it because I literally beam from ear to ear and feel all of three years old when I am with them. The interactions are always so great. This time Chip danced with me and gave me a little spin and I got a big kiss from Dale on the cheek for my Chip N Dale shirt. Mickey was not pleased that he wasn't on my shirt and I had to assure him that the shirt I had on the day before had him on it! It was cute... but he had me feeling really bad,lol

100_6861-1.jpg

100_6852.jpg

A note about Garden Grill since I had heard bad things about it. The food was not anything great but we didn't expect it to be anyway. We just wanted to eat with Chip N Dale and since there is no LTT with them anymore we chose this. Character interaction was good, all of them took their time with us and did not rush like I had heard and since that was all we cared about it was great for us.

After dinner we rode SSE and it was off to bed the Christmas party and getting up early had taken it's toll on all of us and we knew we had a busy day ahead of us on our dreaded last day!

Stay tuned...... more coming up!!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Our last day would be a crazy one, all four parks in one day and MK twice! The kids wanted to ride EE once more so we started at AK. We rode EE three times and hit Dinosaur and then drove to Epcot and took the monorail to MK. (we had dining ressies at San Angel Inn so we thought this would save us some time.)

100_6882-1.jpg

100_6893.jpg

100_6899.jpg

100_6900.jpg

Once at MK we went straight to Tomorrowland hoping that there was some small chance that Space may be running previews... and the first thing I noticed was this sign.

100_6907-1.jpg

so I wandered over and asked a very nice CM if they were running previews. He was nice enough to tell me that they were going to be so stick around. :sohappy: I was so excited we stood around for a bit then hit the TTA to see if we coud see anything -

100_6908-1.jpg

While we were on it I saw that the fastpass sign time had lit up.. it was 12:18 pm... interesting!! So we got off and wandered into the arcade and snapped some pics.. I thought it was so cool that there was going to be ride photos! Talked to some of the CMs in there and posed for a pic. They also told us they kept hearing to check back that it was going to be running!

100_6912-1.jpg

100_6916-1.jpg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Okay so we came outside and noticed that there was a ton of management walking in and out of the entrance I was not leaving the area for nothing but the kids were bored so I told them to go play in the arcade and if I texted them to book it out at top speed. We waited maybe 10 minutes or so and sure enough they opened the line we ran and got in line about 10th or so back, maybe less I was too excited I just know we were right there. I texted the kids nad the hustled out and we were off.

Few pics from in line-

100_6922-1.jpg

100_6925-1.jpg

new games.. we didn't have time to play because we were up front so far..
100_6934-1.jpg

100_6937.jpg

100_6938-1.jpg

100_6939-1.jpg

I am on and ready for launch!!!

100_6940-1.jpg

100_6941-1.jpg

100_6943-1.jpg

100_6945-1.jpg

continued in next post

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
100_6946-1.jpg

100_6947-1.jpg

100_6949.jpg

long line had formed when we exited-

100_6952-1.jpg

100_6954-2.jpg

I enjoyed the ride and I think it looks great. I know it wasn't all some people wanted or expected but what was done is nice. It is much darker and there are stars it seems everywhere. You can't see the track like before so it feels cooler to me and the track was much smoother. I was thrilled to have ridden it and don't really think I would have liked it be majorly changed it is a classic.

We got back in line a bit later and made it to the launch when it broke down and we had to exit the building. Again I was just thrilled as could be to have gotten to ride it and our last day!!!

We hit a few rides and had to go back to Epcot for an early dinner... and of course hit some rides (coming up)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Dinner at San Angel Inn was good. I enjoyed the salsa and my steak was cooked perfect. DS ordered the Ribeye tacos and did not care for them to much because it was cooked well done and he likes his steak as rare as they will cook it.

100_6966-1.jpg

We rode TT, MS and Sum of All Thrills again then it was off to DHS for the lights!!

100_6980-2.jpg

100_6981-2.jpg

Okay so this had been bugging me all week while we were there during the day... there was the Nativity with no baby Jesus!! But it was there at night when we got there to see the lights??? Why is he not there during the day? Please tell me it isn't because someone would take him because that is just sick!

100_6988.jpg

The lights are amazing! I had seen them in 2000 but had forgotten how breathtaking it is! It was beautiful!!

100_6991.jpg

100_6992.jpg

100_6995.jpg

100_6990.jpg

100_6996.jpg

100_7000.jpg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
100_7008.jpg

100_7013.jpg

100_7015.jpg

100_7016.jpg

After enjoying the lights for awhile.. we walked around forever just taking it all in it was time to take one last ride on RnRC and ToT.

Then we headed out to MK where we just made it time to get a spot up at the trainstation for Wishes.. I always like to end my trip with Wishes and a ride on Splash and I cry really really hard!!!

100_7035.jpg

100_7042.jpg

100_7046.jpg

100_7054.jpg

100_7060.jpg

I wanted to wait to try to walk up Main Street with the Wishes exit crowd but DH was like naa it won't be bad since the park closes so much later.... um never lsitening to him again! It was insane... and the park was still packed even after s many people left!

Anyway we went to ride Splash one more time and again I cried... this is my most favorite ride and the last ride gets to me because I never want to leave.
Rode BTMRR and got a Dole Whip and then it was time to say goodbye.

Last views of the castle from the ferry. I always like to ride it the last trip out so I can go uptop and stare at my wonderful world the whole way out.. and I kept telling myself as always I will see ya real soon!!

100_7065.jpg

so onto closing thoughts.... we did alot in this trip and it was wonderful! The lights, F & W, MVMCP was wonderful but I prefer going in September crowd wise. We are spoiled by the parks being less crowded.

Also like to note that we did hit every E ticket ride on that last day and it was tiring but pretty much awesome!

I love that place more than words can even begin to say and I am sooo thankful that I was able to make it there once again. The memories that my family has made there are priceless and I hope that we make many more!

Thanks for reading...=)

harveyt0206

Fabulous trip report DisneyShe!!! I loved your pics of the Christmas decorations. I always cry my last day too. I finish every trip at the MK with my last ride always being HM. Traditions are one of the things I love most about going to Disney. Thanks for sharing. Your pics really made me miss my happy place. :wave:

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
What a great read this was. The pictures really made it amazing.
Hurray for good trips!

Thank you! :) I am glad you enjoyed the pics.

Fabulous trip report DisneyShe!!! I loved your pics of the Christmas decorations. I always cry my last day too. I finish every trip at the MK with my last ride always being HM. Traditions are one of the things I love most about going to Disney. Thanks for sharing. Your pics really made me miss my happy place. :wave:

Thank you and I am glad I am not the only one that cries on that last day! Traditions are wonderful and it is funny my kids remember very well the things that we always do and you better not break them..lol That makes me smile.. I hope one day they carry those traditions on with their families too. :)

fngoofy

while we were there during the day... there was the Nativity with no baby Jesus!! But it was there at night when we got there to see the lights??? Why is he not there during the day? Please tell me it isn't because someone would take him because that is just sick!

He's union. You're not going to find him putting in the OT, strictly a 40 hour messiah. Now yous want a go getter deity, ya try Animal Kingdom. You gotts your Vishnus and your Kalis, regular smorgasbord of earners, working morning to night, even the EMHs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom