Extinct Shops

Tinkerbella16

Not to be off topic or anything, but since you all are talking about stores that aren't there anymore, it got me thinking... Remember when there was a Chef Mickeys in DTD???? I know its not there anymore, but its just weird that they had two of them..

pacochran

Ice Station Cool. Club Cool just doesn't have the atmosphere and amazing theming of its predecessor. I love that they still have the free sodas from around the world, but it's just not the same kind of adventure it used to be making my way through the ice cave to get to the goodies.
I agree, it was fun going thru the nice cool ice cave, a little boring now.

dove_

Ice Station Cool. Club Cool just doesn't have the atmosphere and amazing theming of its predecessor. I love that they still have the free sodas from around the world, but it's just not the same kind of adventure it used to be making my way through the ice cave to get to the goodies.

If I recall, they even had piles of snow on the ground, right? I don't remember anything else in there but that. My family and I had a good laugh at the snow, being from Michigan and being surrounded by it 6 months of the year. I think I recall eating some, too, to compare. (I was like 10, haha)

daringstoic

Not to be off topic or anything, but since you all are talking about stores that aren't there anymore, it got me thinking... Remember when there was a Chef Mickeys in DTD???? I know its not there anymore, but its just weird that they had two of them..

I used to love going there. We've been to the Contemporary a few times since that one closed, but I always talk about that whenever we visit DTD. Does anyone remember where it was located or what's there now? I can only picture the interior in my head, as I was relatively young the last time we ate there.

gbruenin

Originally it was the Village Restaurant with the wine shop next door. It became 'Chef Mickey's Village Restaurant', then simply 'Chef Mickeys'. While it carried the Chef Mickey name, the restaurant at the Contemporary next to the 'Buffeteria' had another name (can't rememember), and it was this space that became the current Chef Mickey when the DTD version closed for demo'ed for the space where Rainforest Cafe is now. Village Rest. was a great 'secret' place, and more than once we stopped in the wine shop for a bottle, the Pantry for fruit/cheeze/salads to take back to our room for the evening. I miss them all.

Gary

Elonwy

I remember on family vacations our "tradition" for our arrival day was to go to this area of shops that were in rows of thatched hut-like buildings.

I believe it was called Buena Vista Village. It was the "Downtown Disney" of it's day.

Does anyone else recall this? Was it in the same area that DD sits today?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I remember on family vacations our "tradition" for our arrival day was to go to this area of shops that were in rows of thatched hut-like buildings.

I believe it was called Buena Vista Village. It was the "Downtown Disney" of it's day.

Does anyone else recall this? Was it in the same area that DD sits today?

Yes, I'm old enought to admit to remembering that...:lookaroun :eek:

gleddo

The extinct shop that I miss the most is the magic shop that was in the Magic Kingdom. It seems to me that all the shops nowadays all carry the same merchandise. At the time the magic shop was very cool.

Cmdr_Crimson

Villains in Vogue

I know its still technically there but have you seen how little villains merch they have? Its basically pirates and nightmare before christmas. I love nightmare but its a villians store and I don't see Jack as a villian.

I have to agree with you on this store..In 2003 I bought 2 cool shirts of Chernabog and Hades and I still have them to this day...I wish they could bring back more villain shirts.

Chernobog

remembering magic...

I was just thinking about some of the extinct stores that I used to enjoy at WDW. I have to say that I miss the gourmet pantry in DTD and the house of magic on main street. So my question is, what extinct shops do you miss?:wave:

I was a castmember at House of Magic from 92-94 (seasonally). I also worked at Market House across the street in 91 (my first summer there). That was a fun place to work. I hope to semi-retire to working at the park again someday.

Speaking of Market House, did they do anything with the telephone that used to hang on the wall in there? Most of the regulars will know the phone in question. It'd be a shame if that was lost to history. It was another cool little detail for people to discover.

wedway71

Ok I may be loosing my mind.....

But for some reason I remember either at Centorium or Mousegears there is or was some really cool technology at the cash wrap when you paid but I cant seem to remember what it is or was.:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom