Expert's Planned Attraction Updates?

tomman710

Original Poster
I've heard rumblings that the only things set in stone as of now are Ariel's Adventure and the BatB area ... and everything else, including Cinderella's and Sleeping Beauty, amongst other things, are all up in the air and could change? Does any of the experts know anything about this? Is there any validity to that rumbling?

If so I think it's a fantastic BEGINNING idea ... if it's true to me it says that Disney realized that the expansion needed "plussing" or some punch up because it was a little attraction light. Now of course all of it is contingent on what would replace what but ... first things firsts ... do any of the experts or anyone for that matter know anything about what is solid as of now and what is not?

SeaCastle

I've heard rumblings that the only things set in stone as of now are Ariel's Adventure and the BatB area ... and everything else, including Cinderella's and Sleeping Beauty, amongst other things, are all up in the air and could change? Does any of the experts know anything about this? Is there any validity to that rumbling?

If so I think it's a fantastic BEGINNING idea ... if it's true to me it says that Disney realized that the expansion needed "plussing" or some punch up because it was a little attraction light. Now of course all of it is contingent on what would replace what but ... first things firsts ... do any of the experts or anyone for that matter know anything about what is solid as of now and
what is not?

From what's been posted here, only the Pixie Hollow area is up in the air at this point. Everything else (princess meet and greets, Ariel's Adventure, Beauty and the Beast restaurant) is set in stone. Should Pixie Hollow happen, there are a few combinations of things that could be constructed. If it won't be constructed, then they will leave the space empty, and I'm guessing they'll probably put some trees or shrubs in the area.

ryguy

Trees and bushes sounds better than Pixie Hollow:lol:. Truthfully, I like the Alice in Wonderland idea, seems like a better fit.

wizards8507

From what's been posted here, only the Pixie Hollow area is up in the air at this point. Everything else (princess meet and greets, Ariel's Adventure, Beauty and the Beast restaurant) is set in stone. Should Pixie Hollow happen, there are a few combinations of things that could be constructed. If it won't be constructed, then they will leave the space empty, and I'm guessing they'll probably put some trees or shrubs in the area.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as TDO and WDW are concerned, nothing about Pixie Hollow is "up in the air." This thought is based on peoples' speculation that TDO won't finish the expansion, but nothing about the plans is characterized as "tentative."

SeaCastle

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as TDO and WDW are concerned, nothing about Pixie Hollow is "up in the air." This thought is based on peoples' speculation that TDO won't finish the expansion, but nothing about the plans is characterized as "tentative."

Perhaps I phrased myself wrong. I meant to say that the plans for Pixie Hollow are ready to go, but whether or not Pixie Hollow will be constructed is, from what I've read here, undecided.

Exprcoofto

If so I think it's a fantastic BEGINNING idea ... if it's true to me it says that Disney realized that the expansion needed "plussing" or some punch up because it was a little attraction light. Now of course all of it is contingent on what would replace what but ... first things firsts ... do any of the experts or anyone for that matter know anything about what is solid as of now and what is not?

According to what I hear, this is true. Seems like Tom Staggs could be the one provoking it too as he doesn't like the concept of families (that could include boys) waiting an hour+ just to see a princess. "Phase 1" which includes TLM dark ride & the BatB area is defiantly happening. There is a possibility that Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Tinkerbell might not make it into Fantasyland Forest as the time and money would be used to focus on family/male/boy additions in Frontierland and Tomorrowland.

Granted, since they've announced everything with Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and that Pixie Hollow will be coming in 2013, there is a good chance they'll still show up - especially since it was announced at a big event, the D23 Expo. As of right now, it'd probably be safe to say that you'll see everything that was announced at the D23 Expo.

Exprcoofto

About 60% is set in stone (or foundation)

Everything else is yet to be committed.

Would the commited areas be TLM, BatB and the meet n' greets area?

I'm thinking it's TLM, BatB, and the Dumbo areas that are probably committed. I see Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Pixie Hollow still up in the air, but I don't know for sure. I think regardless of what happens, they want to add in a second Dumbo spinner, so thats why I think it's part of the 60% committed.

TP2000

About 60% is set in stone (or foundation)

Everything else is yet to be committed.

That's probably a smart business move.

With the USA headed into a double-dip recession at worst, and a slow and jobless recovery at best, there's no guarantee that the tourist market will roar back to life by 2012.

Or even 2015.

Exprcoofto

That's probably a smart business move.

With the USA headed into a double-dip recession at worst, and a slow and jobless recovery at best, there's no guarantee that the tourist market will roar back to life by 2012.

Or even 2015.
Maybe a smart business move to not commit the time and money into that project, but that doesn't mean it won't go to other projects.
It is rare to see TDO allow for "plussing" anymore. If anything, the projects not set in stone will be cut back.

It wouldn't be plussed, they'd be cut in favor of other development in Magic Kingdom.

RSoxNo1

There seems to be some truth to the fact that the Be Our Guest Restaurant and Ariel's Undersea Adventure are the only definite things. While it seems more than likely that the other attractions (Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella) will be happening, there does seem to be some rumblings of change.

WDWFREAK53

I think it needs a little testosterone. Ariel, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Pixie Hollow... Whuh? Aside from Peter Pan's Flight (and Philharmagic), Fantasyland is so girly. :lol:

(I guess the defense against that would be that every other land is testosterone heavy.)

No worries...I have a little girl :)

SeaCastle

Though very unlikely, I'd rather leave a large portion of the expansion land undeveloped (save for some minimal meet n' greets and Ariel's Adventure) for 5-10 years or so and see something like an E-ticket come up in its place than be stuck with all of the Princess themed areas for the forseeable future.

Lee

Adventurer
Everything east of Mermaid is up in the air.
(Including PH, Dumbo's location, and Barnstormer's new theme.)

All the M&Gs are (unfortunately) moving ahead as planned.

Everything east of Mermaid is up in the air.
(Including PH, Dumbo's location, and Barnstormer's new theme.)

All the M&Gs are (unfortunately) moving ahead as planned.
The M&Gs and PH should be scrapped from the plans and replaced with two immersive D ticket attractions. I am saying this because the M&Gs and PH hurt MK in the near future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom