Expedition Everest - Yeti Spotted! Videos Are Available!

elpirataman

Well let's put it this way, when going backwards through the helix, it was completley dark! Perfect oprotunity for WDI to show a glance of the Yeti while no camera or video would be able to focus that quick on it.

orlandorealtor

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
i sure hope your right because the ride had so much hype that it didnt live up to its exspectations.

I think EE is going to be very similar to Kali RR. The Kali que line is extremely detailed, with an elaborate backstory...the ride itself is pretty good, but very short.

Pongo

Connor002 said:
Well... I'm not sure if they did EVERYTHING in they're power to prevent it.

It's not exactly "locked" behind walls. Unless there are chains and padlocks all over which I've never seen...
Levels of testing? Testing in the safety sense must have already been done, or they wouldn't have riders... Testing now would be for more or less fine tuning the experience.

It must have been open to previews of some kind, just not guest or AP holders' previews.

They had to use CMs for the safety videos and such. But that's really not the point.

Someone broke a rule. A very CRUCIAL rule.

dxwwf3

orlandorealtor said:
I think EE is going to be very similar to Kali RR. The Kali que line is extremely detailed, with an elaborate backstory...the ride itself is pretty good, but very short.

That's about what I'm expecting too. I hope it's a little better than Kali, but I won't be crushed if it's not.

elpirataman

Connor002 said:
Well... I'm not sure if they did EVERYTHING in they're power to prevent it.

It's not exactly "locked" behind walls. Unless there are chains and padlocks all over which I've never seen...
Levels of testing? Testing in the safety sense must have already been done, or they wouldn't have riders... Testing now would be for more or less fine tuning the experience.

It must have been open to previews of some kind, just not guest or AP holders' previews.

And you have to realize that they need at least some input for first timers, but they don't have the right to confiscate their camera's and such.

elpirataman

dxwwf3 said:
That's about what I'm expecting too. I hope it's a little better than Kali, but I won't be crushed if it's not.

I can't tell you how let down I was since their is such a rare chance you get wet unless you were on the side where it slid down on.

M:SpilotISTC12

it just seems like its just another roller coaster than a roller coaster that disney would make....like i was exspecting the ride to really follow along with the queue i wanted to see more!!!

Pongo

elpirataman said:
And you have to realize that they need at least some input for first timers, but they don't have the right to confiscate their camera's and such.

Actually, I think they can, and did.

elpirataman

it just seems like its just another roller coaster than a roller coaster that disney would make....like i was exspecting the ride to really follow along with the queue i wanted to see more!!!

Don't rely on that stinky Video! There is guarnteeded to be so much more in that ride! And it is not to be a roller coaster, but an adventure!

bbll24

Can somebody answer this: You go right under the Yeti for a split second, and that's all the contact you have with the AA? Although I think the ride looks great, I think a split second is a waste of a huge, powerful, and eye-popping Yeti animatronic. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disapointed at all, I think the ride will live up to expectations.

Connor002

Pongo said:
Someone broke a rule. A very CRUCIAL rule.

I agree actually.

elpirataman said:

Exactly. This is what type of previews that are going on, so that they can fine tune the experience, but I disagree, I believe they can exercise the right to confiscate the cameras.

elpirataman said:
Don't rely on that stinky Video! There is guarnteeded to be so much more in that ride! And it is not to be a roller coaster, but an adventure!
that is what i mean about the adventure and i didnt seem to get that adventure fill from that video i hope its better in person.

elpirataman

Did you not see the modern marvels, when Joe said for that split second you see it, you have to think to yourself, was that really real.

It's an optical effect where if your not able to stare at it a long time, you don't notice the mechanics of it. And they want you to keep coming back LOL!

orlandorealtor

I'm pretty confident that you see the Yeti longer in person that the video showed. The camera takes a few seconds to focus going into that final dark tunnel...I bet you see the Yeti a lot longer than the video showed.

bbll24 said:
Can somebody answer this: You go right under the Yeti for a split second, and that's all the contact you have with the AA? Although I think the ride looks great, I think a split second is a waste of a huge, powerful, and eye-popping Yeti animatronic. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disapointed at all, I think the ride will live up to expectations.
I thought they would have used the yeti at the point were the track was broken....

elpirataman

that is what i mean about the adventure and i didnt seem to get that adventure fill from that video i hope its better in person.

I promise you when you are on top of that mountain, with the wind blowing in your hair and you are about to be nabbed by that COOL Yeti, you will be so convinced that it was an actual ADVENTURE!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom