Expedition Everest: No strobe on Yeti

kev24135

First off, can someone please answer the earlier poster about what the heck is the deal with the wet walkway?

Also, I saw the Yeti in A-mode and it was spectacular and I've been on it multiple times since. While it is a little sad it does not bring my vacation down at all.

the yeti is broke because he slipped on the wet walkway. mystery solved:drevil:

disneyrcks

I rode Everest for the first time in 2007. I saw the Yeti but I am not sure if it was Disco or regular. I didn't join this forum for at least a year later so I always thought what I saw was what it actually was. Either way, it was very fun but I would like to see the Yeti in A-mode if it was not in A-mode when I first rode in 2007.

Did any of that make sense? :lookaroun

ChristianG

I have just finished watching a few E:E videos on youtube, and as sad as the non working Yeti is, let's all be glad that the audio is actually working. I'm quite surprised, actually, that the audio hasn't messed up yet.

The yeti may make the ride, but the audio def. makes the experience!

That's how I see it.

WDW1974

For those folks who don't know or don't care about Disco Yeti, I wish you could have been at DAK on the day the attraction was announced and listened to Joe Rohde and other members of his team talk about how important the buildup was and all of it leading to the climax of an encounter with the beast.

Right now, you simply has some mediocre foreplay.

Pixiedustmaker

Personally, the Yeti is more scary to me now, (then it was in A-mode), because its 20,000 pounds of hardware supported by a cracked cement base! A lot of the inspections, and modifications done behind black curtains are for safety reasons, not necessarily for the fix.

I am surprised that nobody connected the disappearing Yeti with the massive Matterhorn refurbishment in Disneyland . . . :animwink:

TrojanUSC

For those folks who don't know or don't care about Disco Yeti, I wish you could have been at DAK on the day the attraction was announced and listened to Joe Rohde and other members of his team talk about how important the buildup was and all of it leading to the climax of an encounter with the beast.

I heard it all, which is why it was ultimately disappointing to me. You hear all this build up about how great and wonderful this animatronic is, but then you only see it in the attraction for a second or two. Before you think it's actually a treat or even process how cool it is, you've moved on.

Dragonrider1227

slight change of subject but didn't it turn out that they can't fix the Yeti because since the Yeti is connected to the foundation of the ride, every time it swung it's arms it was breaking the very foundation?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
slight change of subject but didn't it turn out that they can't fix the Yeti because since the Yeti is connected to the foundation of the ride, every time it swung it's arms it was breaking the very foundation?

The yeti is on a completely separate foundation from the ride.

As a matter of fact, when the attraction was being built it was touted as the only attraction to have three separate foundations: one for the Yeti, one for the vehicle track and one for the mountain itself ...all completely independent of each other.

disneydiva72

No yeti yesturday when we rode, no strobe either, my husband was wondering if they removed it for the repairs? Can it be removed? I have no clue but its a fantastic ride in our opinion anyway. Weird tho, on the buiset week here in Disney the longest wait time for EE was 30 minutes all day.

Also, no Dino running next to your vehicle on Extinction. As of yesturday.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Everyone who says its a bad or ruined ride without A Mode Yeti... really? Is that why it continues to be the most popular attraction in the park? Is that why every train comes back full of cheering, smiling, satisfied guests?

So, what you are saying is...

1. The ride has been broken so long that most guests do not even know how much better it was.

2. Because ignorant guests are unaware of what the attraction could and more importantly, should be, we should just shut up about it?

3. AKs stunning lack of attractions allows a half functioning attraction to be its most popular, and this is a good thing?

devoy1701

Everyone who says its a bad or ruined ride without A Mode Yeti... really? Is that why it continues to be the most popular attraction in the park? Is that why every train comes back full of cheering, smiling, satisfied guests?

That speaks volumes about how badly the park needs another e-ticket.

I heard it all, which is why it was ultimately disappointing to me. You hear all this build up about how great and wonderful this animatronic is, but then you only see it in the attraction for a second or two. Before you think it's actually a treat or even process how cool it is, you've moved on.

That was the point of it though. To catch a glimpse of this HUGE, groundbreaking aninatronic, but just a short glimpse....enough for you to go "OMG DID YOU JUST SEE THAT?!?!?" And make you want to ride it and experience it again. Just like the real myth of the Yeti...a short glimpse to make you question what you just saw... (not like today's Yeti where the question is if you saw it when you most likely did not. :dazzle:)

devoy1701

amen.

jakeman

I'm now thinking that the myth that is being spoken of is Disney-planted and the message is that the Yeti wasn't as good as everyone seems to remember so we're really not missing out on much. Why the heck are we all complaining anyway?
If you guys ever want to be taken seriously, these types of comments have to stop.

Yeah, we get it. Social media, blah blah blah. Big bad corporation is drowning out my little voice. I'm a victim, blah blah blah.

Why can't you (not you particular, just anyone that trots out the Social Media whipping boy) just stick to facts? If the parks were so much better on X date, then empirically show that through facts and documents.

To be clear, I'm not arguing whether they were or were not better in the past, just that the purpose of your message is completely lost in tin foil hat conspiracy.

The simple fact is the yeti on a marquee attraction is not working. There is documentation, some of which is still shown on TV today that shows this ride is not currently functioning as intended. Post video of it moving and post video of the strobe light. Problem documented and solve. No need to involve conspiracies.

I swear, fans are their own worst enemy sometimes. No wonder Disney doesn't listen and only panders.

devoy1701

If you guys ever want to be taken seriously, these types of comments have to stop.

Yeah, we get it. Social media, blah blah blah. Big bad corporation is drowning out my little voice. I'm a victim, blah blah blah.

Why can't you (not you particular, just anyone that trots out the Social Media whipping boy) just stick to facts? If the parks were so much better on X date, then empirically show that through facts and documents.

To be clear, I'm not arguing whether they were or were not better in the past, just that the purpose of your message is completely lost in tin foil hat conspiracy.

The simple fact is the yeti on a marquee attraction is not working. There is documentation, some of which is still shown on TV today that shows this ride is not currently functioning as intended. Post video of it moving and post video of the strobe light. Problem documented and solve. No need to involve conspiracies.

I swear, fans are their own worst enemy sometimes. No wonder Disney doesn't listen and only panders.

Sarcasm is indeed an art lost upon internet forums.

Tom Morrow

So, what you are saying is...

1. The ride has been broken so long that most guests do not even know how much better it was.

2. Because ignorant guests are unaware of what the attraction could and more importantly, should be, we should just shut up about it?

3. AKs stunning lack of attractions allows a half functioning attraction to be its most popular, and this is a good thing?
oh noes the yeti didn't swing it's arm at me for 2 seconds, rollercoaster = ruined.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom