Expedition Everest: No strobe on Yeti

tl77

I think the "A-Mode Yeti Experience", may have depended on where you were seated on the train. I remember the first time I rode EE I was kind of disappointed by the Yeti, but then I decided to ride it again and it felt like the thing nearly ripped my head off, it scared the heck out of me. I don't remember if I was in the front of the train the first time, or the back the second time, or vice versa, but I was a lot closer to the Yeti's arm swinging the second time. I've seen it in B-Mode too, and while it's not awful, it's certainly not as impressive.

Dragonrider1227

The yeti is on a completely separate foundation from the ride.

As a matter of fact, when the attraction was being built it was touted as the only attraction to have three separate foundations: one for the Yeti, one for the vehicle track and one for the mountain itself ...all completely independent of each other.

Well, I had heard the Yeti's swinging arm was so strong it was somehow, somewhere breaking the ride. Wouldn't surprise me. Isn't the thing supposed to have the power of a hummer engine or something?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Is it really? There really aren't that many effects on Everest:

- Audio
- Bird on stick
- shadow projection
- Yeti
- 2 waterfalls
- steam at load

Thats it, and Bird on a stick was tacky looking and I think the ride benefits without having it, and then aside from the Yeti, everything else is regularly working.

Soo, again, there are so many rides across WDW that I would consider to have worse show quality. Especially rides where the show effects ARE the ride.

Over the past couple years all of those effects have had long periods of outages, or constant working not working.

My point, and everyone else's as well, is that without the Yeti and other show elements, this is just a mediocre roller coaster. Not particularly fast, not particularly thrilling.

IWant2GoNow

Maybe there is no strobe because the Yeti is covered over...

I hope the "..." means it IS covered. And they're working on it. And it'll be fixed by June. And I'll be able to see it again for my trip. And it won't break again within months.

Just messing around. Haha. But it would be nice if they were doing SOMETHING to it.

devoy1701

I hope the "..." means it IS covered. And they're working on it. And it'll be fixed by June. And I'll be able to see it again for my trip. And it won't break again within months.

Just messing around. Haha. But it would be nice if they were doing SOMETHING to it.

If the Yeti does get fixed...I believe we may get passes when FLE is finished in 2013/2014. I know, i know...someone is going to go "ZOMG, JUST FIXING THE YETI WILL MAKE YOU GET PASSES??? YOU'RE A LOONEY!"
But I will take a fixed Yeti as a sign that possibly TDO is wising up. Not all of their decisions have been horrid as of late...and with Splash and Big Thunder and TT refurbs...the attractions might finally be getting the attention they've been needing.

We will see.

RSoxNo1

If the Yeti does get fixed...I believe we may get passes when FLE is finished in 2013/2014. I know, i know...someone is going to go "ZOMG, JUST FIXING THE YETI WILL MAKE YOU GET PASSES??? YOU'RE A LOONEY!"
But I will take a fixed Yeti as a sign that possibly TDO is wising up. Not all of their decisions have been horrid as of late...and with Splash and Big Thunder and TT refurbs...the attractions might finally be getting the attention they've been needing.

We will see.

Splash is getting a refurb?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

:zipit: :zipit: ;)

IWant2GoNow

This has been the best post I've seen on this site in months.

Martin, I don't normally ask this of our insiders, but if you have any added info could you please PM me? I know how important the confidentiality is so I definitely don't expect you to but from someone who has been campaigning and doing everything possible to get this problem noticed and dealt with, it would be greatly appreciated.

Atomicmickey

I, also, appreciate this post.

However, let's unpack this for a second.

One of our trusted insiders is apparently NOT ALLOWED to say anything
about maintenance workers fixing an animatronic that has been broken
for years. Really?

Perhaps Disney is going to hold a press conference and create a marketing
campaign out of fixing something, now?

The only thing I can infer is that Martin has heard from someone he knows
that it "might" be being fixed. He doesn't want to say "is" because we've
all been disappointed before. And, we've heard "might" before.

I mean, in disney-fandom, is anything broken so resolutely scrutinized as
the Yeti?

So, rather than this being any news at all, again, it's just an overabundance
of caution and/or optimism, I think.

Right? Right?

MerlinTheGoat

Interesting response from Martin lol! It's funny how just a couple of emoticons (with no words) from an insider can get people in such an excited frenzy. What a tease! :ROFLOL:

I seriously doubt Disney would ever hold any sort of press conference about fixing a broken AA. That would be admitting there's something wrong in the first place, which i can't imagine their pride would ever allow. Nope, if the Yeti IS actually getting some love and that IS actually a tease, perhaps Martin just wants to hint at something but keep it a surprise. We'll see i suppose.

Would be nice to know the entire story though. I don't care about that being a surprise or whatever. I've never seen the Yeti in full A-mode and would find that a surprise in itself (even if i knew it was being fixed, i'd still have the first experience to look forward to).

NoChesterHester

Let me toss this out there...

When you undertake a renovation of your home the only way to get true value from the dollars spent is to actually change something. If you just take out the cabinets in your kitchen and replace it with the same dated configuration with nicer cabinets are you really accomplishing anything? No, your value will only go up in a small percentage if compared to enlarging the area, adding new amenities, and bettering the space.

Same thing here; if it were just fixing what is now a seven year old broken animatronic it would be in some ways disappointing. The fan community would cry "about time" rather then "goid job." Could they be plussing the attraction in some way. Perhaps the fix is more then just maintainence????

jed012788

Let me toss this out there...

When you undertake a renovation of your home the only way to get true value from the dollars spent is to actually change something. If you just take out the cabinets in your kitchen and replace it with the same dated configuration with nicer cabinets are you really accomplishing anything? No, your value will only go up in a small percentage if compared to enlarging the area, adding new amenities, and bettering the space.

Same thing here; if it were just fixing what is now a seven year old broken animatronic it would be in some ways disappointing. The fan community would cry "about time" rather then "goid job." Could they be plussing the attraction in some way. Perhaps the fix is more then just maintainence????
At this point, I think most people would happily settle for the darn thing working as intended. That seems unlikely enough, let alone anything more ambitious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom