Expedition Everest effects status watch

JustAFan

Just went this past weekend and the effects are worse. The disco lights on the Yeti were maybe about 25% as bright as they had been. He was very hard - almost impossible - to spot. If I had never ridden that ride, I would have been very confused as to what's going on through that section. Of course, other effects - steam and bird - were not working either.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Disney fans: *Worry about the Caballeros being missing*
Meanwhile:
Untitled95_20210506154306.png

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I have it on good authority they're finally gonna fix it!! A giant animatronic Olivia Rodrigo is going to replace the yeti, including the projection. :cool:
No no. She's clearly replacing Bird on a stick. She appear over the mountains edge and serenade you. Yeti will now be decked out in all her merch to promote her brand

GimpYancIent

Need to push a Save The Yeti Campaign! No guarantees such a campaign would have impact to get Disney to take care of the Yeti issues, but, then again it might?

Pepper's Ghost

Need to push a Save The Yeti Campaign! No guarantees such a campaign would have impact to get Disney to take care of the Yeti issues, but, then again it might?
Wishful thinking, but I'd sign such a campaign. Problem is it's not about the guest experience with this situation. It's all about the $$$$$. Why fix it at this point. From their perspective, who cares. No fewer people are riding the ride, so why spend hundreds of thousands or even millions fixing it.

Splashin' Ryan

Wishful thinking, but I'd sign such a campaign. Problem is it's not about the guest experience with this situation. It's all about the $$$$$. Why fix it at this point. From their perspective, who cares. No fewer people are riding the ride, so why spend hundreds of thousands or even millions fixing it.
If done right they could actually make a mini celebration out of it by selling new merch, food & bev noting that the yeti is back or even behind the scenes tours. It wouldn't get them all of their money back but could help.

DoleWhipDrea

I mean, if they could at least get his arm to move a little, I would be happy. This isn't some minor show effect...the yeti was always meant to be the centerpiece of the attraction.

I wonder how Josh feels about the Yeti situation...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom