Expedition Everest effects status watch

G00fyDad

Having a broken Yeti is better than having a Yeti that works. Fixing the Yeti is a constant topic of discussion among Disney dweebs. If the Yeti was working, people would be bored with the attraction and talking about something else.
seriously GIF

Pepper's Ghost

Never understood the obsession for something you see for literally 2 seconds. Having it working or in the mode it’s in now literally makes no difference in the ride.
Agree with @G00fyDad. You haven't lived until you've seen the Yeti in A-mode. I'm assuming that you haven't had the opportunity yet. If you have, then I have to say something I normally disagree with... your opinion is wrong. 🤣🤪
Yeti.gif

thelookingglass

I've seen the yeti in A-mode. Back during that short time when it was a crapshoot on whether or not you would see A-mode and you didn't know which mode you would get, yes it was disappointing if you didn't get A-mode. It does NOT, however, make or break the ride. In the end, it was only 3 seconds out of what would be a fun roller coaster even with no show elements at all.

The obsession comes from this bizarre need among theme park fans to "stick it" to Disney. The theme park enthusiast community has also adopted the yeti as a sort of calling card talking point that "people in the know" are aware of. Theme park nerds make a yeti joke and high-five other theme park nerds, patting themselves on the back for knowing "privvy information" unlike everyday plebs, even though this is about as surface level insider information as it gets.

Nevermind that half of their talking points about even this are usually wrong. "DiD YoU KnOw ThEy WoULd HaVe To TeAr OpEn ThE MoUnTaiN tO FiX ThE YeTi???"

Lou Filerman

you must not have seen it move. it was cool, aaannnnddd you pay for to get in and expect things to work like described.
I did see it move. It lasted 2 seconds as you passed on by. Made zero difference in the ride.
Agree with @G00fyDad. You haven't lived until you've seen the Yeti in A-mode. I'm assuming that you haven't had the opportunity yet. If you have, then I have to say something I normally disagree with... your opinion is wrong. 🤣🤪
View attachment 566956
I did see it live. Made zero difference in my experience of the ride.

Doug Means

I did see it move. It lasted 2 seconds as you passed on by. Made zero difference in the ride.

I did see it live. Made zero difference in my experience of the ride.
that's too bad. The 2 times i saw it i loved it. Years later, when i went on it, I didn't even see it because it didn't move. It made a world of difference to me. I'm sorry your experience was not as good as mine. The other point is ticket prices are high, so i'd like everything to work that was part of that ticket price. I understand at any one time something maybe down and being fixed so any trip may have a disappointment of missing out on something. So, the yeti has gone WAAAAAAAAY past something being broke down and missed on one trip. Disney needs to fix the product. JMHO

DoleWhipDrea

I can’t speak for anyone else, but it’s not about “sticking it to Disney” for me. The parks are expensive to visit and the expectatIon is that AAs are working, especially those considered to be major effects. It’s the climax of the ride. DAK isn’t some cheap basic amusement park where attractions aren’t maintained and rides lack theme and story. People expect Disney to do better because that is what they’re known for.

thelookingglass

I can’t speak for anyone else, but it’s not about “sticking it to Disney” for me. The parks are expensive to visit and the expectatIon is that AAs are working, especially those considered to be major effects. It’s the climax of the ride. DAK isn’t some cheap basic amusement park where attractions aren’t maintained and rides lack theme and story. People expect Disney to do better because that is what they’re known for.

The problem is that so many fans ONLY care about, and are ONLY aware of, the yeti. In reality, basically every major attraction could have its own thread like this, and there would be just as much if not more to report.

lazyboy97o

The problem is that so many fans ONLY care about, and are ONLY aware of, the yeti. In reality, basically every major attraction could have its own thread like this, and there would be just as much if not more to report.
Most attractions didn’t have entire TV specials and a massive marketing campaign around the central effect of their grand finale.

SpykeYs

With all the prices increases coming up and a possible paid fastpass system, perhaps disney could consider a gofundme for the yeti ? or perhaps a pay-as-you-ride for a-mode. 6.99$ a pop and you get A-MODE.

danyoung56

Having a broken Yeti is better than having a Yeti that works. Fixing the Yeti is a constant topic of discussion among Disney dweebs. If the Yeti was working, people would be bored with the attraction and talking about something else.
Sorry, but this is a silly argument. People would not base their level of boredom on whether or not the yeti was working. People who currently enjoy the ride will continue to enjoy the ride. Having a fixed yeti would just improve the experience.

Scrooged

To everyone poo-pooing those of us who use this as a “talking point,” or a fun fact, or even a benchmark to measure the park by…. Chill my dudes. I’ve been away from the forum for almost a year and this was the first thread I came to check, just because I enjoy the speculation and talk and the Yeti and the blah blah blah. It’ll never work. It always works. It only works when the park $pend$ money… who cares. It’s Schroedinger’s Yeti at this point. It works while it doesn’t work. Ultimately- it’s always worked as it’s generated discussion about the park.

Attachments

• 7A87924C-16A6-4BFD-8B3A-FAAA252E5E2B.jpeg
    7A87924C-16A6-4BFD-8B3A-FAAA252E5E2B.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 145

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom