Expedition Everest effects status watch

Daveeeeed

You know I don't know about you guys, but wouldn't South America on the scale of how large Africa is work perfectly? They could put it between Asia & Dinoland. The back could be a splash mountain style ride with the facade a massive waterfall more in the height of ee, but certainly not as wide. Would add great balance to the park's skyline, and could double up usage for Dinoland. For Dinoland they could tear everything down except dinasaur, rethemed that ride, and make the land not quite as wide so South America could fit, but that land would be more deep than wide anyway. Then for Dinoland, they could rename it something as short as Asia, Africa, Pandora etc. something short and sweet. A new Eticket could be added. It could be a safaris ride nearly completely outdoors except maybe for some small cave with one. The ride could be about 6 minutes long. Semi thrill ride about like dinasaur on thrill level. Would not have a driver like Kilimanjaro Safaris. Would be on a track 100% not visible to guests unless they try extremely hard to spot it. It would literally be like a tour of a dinasaur infested forest/plains. Dinasaur would be renamed for sure, and either it is on the outskirts of the land where it could be like a museum area, and through some building you walk into the past with the dinos. I don't know how that would work though. Probably best would be to theme it like you are in the past, but you go on the time rover to go slightly more in the past to save a dinasaur that just died through natural non world destruction like a small meteorite, and let us say that this Dino was only found in like a 40 mile radius, and the asteroid was large enough to make it extinct, so they go back in the past to get it. That could work, along with some 30 million maybe of upgrades to the ride. That amount of money could go a huge way towards the ride. Also the park would have something visible no matter where you are. The tree of life in Discovery Island, and surrounding areas. Everest for Asia, and surrounding areas and so on. The waterfall for South America. Floating Mountains for Pandora, and some mountains for Dinoland, also acting as a backdrop for the dinasaur safaris ride, and one log show scene would be housed in it in like a cave. The plot would be just looking at Dinos, but then a trex chases you, so then you go in a cave to hide from it, which then you go through slowly, and then at the end stop and your vehicle is attacked by it, and then speeds back up and out to the outside where it goes through the forest past a few Dinos. It would use technology similiar to dinasaur, except (if technology allows it) it would have 4 rows of 4. With a front like some super technology safaris truck to block the view of the track, so you would be forced to look at the size also reducing the cost of ride scenes for the ride although it would be very broad like Kilimanjaro safaris. Dinosaur would be kept relevant, and exciting by again upgrading drastically it's audio animatronics, upgrade everything needing it. Repairing anything and everything, and add a couple of new Dinos instead of just having darkness for that loop. Also a new restaraunt which would be themed to having a full size mega trex animatronic behind glass would be added. It could walk around etc. would be crazy good, but just don't know if that is possible at that size, and to move beyond fluidly haha. Sorry I just have so many ideas for that side of the park, and I could explain it better not typed :)

Last edited:

Marc Davis Fan

How often do people find that the waterfalls are not working? They really add a lot to the aesthetics of the mountain, so it's really a shame if they're commonly not flowing.

Castle Cake Apologist

You can't tell at all what movement the yeti in the concept art was going to have and thinking it would be static betrays what the company has already done.
images

This is how you do a giant finale AA. The Yeti in everest might as well be static given that again no one knows the difference because of how utterly quick you pass him.

We usually see eye to eye on things, but I just can't get behind your statements in here.
In fact, it's almost seeming to me that you never got to ride Everest when it first opened. Yes, the yeti is very easy to miss now. However, it left quite an impression on you when it worked. It was an absolutely perfect finale.
Broken yeti aside, though... Everest is still a pretty great ride. I consider it to be one of WDI's best, especially the queue.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
We usually see eye to eye on things, but I just can't get behind your statements in here.
In fact, it's almost seeming to me that you never got to ride Everest when it first opened. Yes, the yeti is very easy to miss now. However, it left quite an impression on you when it worked. It was an absolutely perfect finale.
Broken yeti aside, though... Everest is still a pretty great ride. I consider it to be one of WDI's best, especially the queue.
I'm not doubting you, but to me Splash Mountain has a better queue

Tom Morrow

If only you guys cared as much about reporting the countless broken effects on other rides as much as you like updating about the freaking steam and waterfall and bird on a stick.

I've posted this many times but it bears repeating - the steam is almost never actually broken. It is, however, often shut off at the request of the Everest CM's because it simply makes the station too hot. So you can chock this one up to bad design and not something that Disney is being lazy about.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom