Expedition Everest effects status watch

MagicGoofy

To some people this is just another ride, but for me its my favorite experience to do at any theme park... period! Yeah you can laugh at me, maybe it was the kid in me who's jaw dropped at the sight of the mountain and me pulling my sisters arm at the encounter of the WORKING yeti.. I had learned more about a mythical creature/its effect on a culture in the que then I felt like I could have in a whole week of social studies. The ride is still incredible but it still saddens me to see first timers go on the ride and not get the experience that was intended during the opening (which is like 99% of the people who have been on the ride).

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member

This is the best video of the yeti in a-mode that I have found. It is during the middle of the video for only a few seconds but the lights are all on and the camera is completely still.
I wish I saw it like this.

Yes, that is good footage. Although it's not on-ride, its still gives a good feeling of how the scene should look.

World_Showcase_Lover007

To second what some others have said recently, the hair-band / hair-tie situation at the broken track section is pretty ridiculous and out of control at this point. I have figured in the past that they would periodically clean them up and throw them away, but this obviously has not been done in quite a while. If it has never been done before, then it is high time they do so.

When riding it a couple of weeks ago, I also noticed a more than normal amount of trash and litter in the extended queue area. Some of the paper trash was partially buried underneath leaves but still visible and turning brown, meaning that it had been there a while. Doesn't seem like anyone is concerned with keeping this attraction clean.

matt9112

I agree that you can see light leaking in. What I don't see is how this light leakage could have gotten worse over time.

I don't know much about this structure more than you but I know in general seals and panels become looser over time there's probably warping of cosmetic stuff. (What ever keeps the light out) again this is all random guessing but it's deff worse.

Sped2424

If by patches you mean turning stuff off as it breaks so people don't notice sure.
I mean updated laser projections, fixing of animatronics, and upgraded lighting around the attraction. But whatever floats ya boat. I won't deny that the pterodactyl and the lizards on a chain no longer move. But for the most part the ride even as is, is in a far better condition that everest which imo could use SEVERAL new effects beyond just fixing the yeti.

matt9112

I mean updated laser projections, fixing of animatronics, and upgraded lighting around the attraction. But whatever floats ya boat. I won't deny that the pterodactyl and the lizards on a chain no longer move. But for the most part the ride even as is, is in a far better condition that everest which imo could use SEVERAL new effects beyond just fixing the yeti.

The nature of yeti isn't as conductive. It is at its bare bones a roller coaster. And there isn't any show scenes on the scale of dinosaur so it's much easier (my opinion) to let things fall by the wayside because the experience remains intact (it's a roller coaster) dinosaur however requires those scenes and effects to complete the experience as is. My biggest complaint with dinosaur tbh is the awful lighting as of late I seem to remember it being a lot brighter you can barly Make out details as the time rover is moving they could just turn off all the lighting period lol

Sped2424

The nature of yeti isn't as conductive. It is at its bare bones a roller coaster. And there isn't any show scenes on the scale of dinosaur so it's much easier (my opinion) to let things fall by the wayside because the experience remains intact (it's a roller coaster) dinosaur however requires those scenes and effects to complete the experience as is. My biggest complaint with dinosaur tbh is the awful lighting as of late I seem to remember it being a lot brighter you can barly Make out details as the time rover is moving they could just turn off all the lighting period lol
Dinosaur by the same measure you gave everest could be described as a whole experience should the vehicle tilt you through the dark and you see one carnotaurus. But clearly you expect more of that attraction to be satisfied which is why I am saying everest needs the same. I didn't understand the point of bringing up Dinosaur in the first place in regards to everest needing help which it does. But as is the attraction is not beloved or even a staple among disney attractions. And there is a reason for that, it utterly fails in it's execution beyond having a drop and a few loops. Dinosaur could use a nice refurb, everest needs a reimagining. That in itself should tell you the difference right there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom