Expedition Everest effects status watch

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, in their defense, one will just stand still a little longer, and the other one if opened would cause guests to go flying off the track because it's missing half the ride. Which is more important right now?
:lol:

I'd go for - close Primeval permanently (as its a waste of space), and fix Everest! :sohappy: The very fact that a $2 million off the shelf coaster sits next to a $150 million masterpeice like Everest (when properly working) always bothers me!

EpcotServo

I'd go for - close Primeval permanently (as its a waste of space), and fix Everest! :sohappy: The very fact that a $2 million off the shelf coaster sits next to a $150 million masterpeice like Everest (when properly working) always bothers me!

But you can't have a park without your $150 million masterpieces AND your $2 million off-the-shelf coasters. The more attractions the better.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
But you can't have a park without your $150 million masterpieces AND your $2 million off-the-shelf coasters. The more attractions the better.

Sure you can! How many $2 million off-the-shelf coasters does Epcot have? To me it's like using all the budget to repair the old beaten up banger car, when you have a Porsche sitting next to it, with 4 flat tires. Everest is the crown jewels of AK and deserves all the attention to keep it in pristine shape. If you closed Primevil Whirl, I doubt that many people would even care of notice. Everest totally redefined AK's popularity, and it needs taking care of.

EpcotServo

Sure you can! How many $2 million off-the-shelf coasters does Epcot have? To me it's like using all the budget to repair the old beaten up banger car, when you have a Porsche sitting next to it, with 4 flat tires. Everest is the crown jewels of AK and deserves all the attention to keep it in pristine shape. If you closed Primevil Whirl, I doubt that many people would even care of notice. Everest totally redefined AK's popularity, and it needs taking care of.

It has none, but it has like four film-only-based attractions and tons of small rides that help fill out the day. Animal Kingdom had pretty much none at the time, and the ride still serves as an important gap between those who want more rides to go with their Everest. Animal Kingdom needs every ride it has, to be the full-day park it's become.

And once again, we're in a situation where BOTH cars are going to be driven by people. Now what you do?

Work on the nice new car that can't go anywhere, and let the banger car that can drive go and possibly kill the occupants inside due to poor maintenance.

-OR-

Fix the beat-up car so that it'll be safe when it drives, and let the people in the nice car that can't go anywhere sit awhile longer.

Vernonpush

It has none, but it has like four film-only-based attractions and tons of small rides that help fill out the day. Animal Kingdom had pretty much none at the time, and the ride still serves as an important gap between those who want more rides to go with their Everest. Animal Kingdom needs every ride it has, to be the full-day park it's become.

And once again, we're in a situation where BOTH cars are going to be driven by people. Now what you do?

Work on the nice new car that can't go anywhere, and let the banger car that can drive go and possibly kill the occupants inside due to poor maintenance.

-OR-

Fix the beat-up car so that it'll be safe when it drives, and let the people in the nice car that can't go anywhere sit awhile longer.

I think that the Porsche just has a broken radio/CD player, the tires are fine. It wil take you where you need to go but won't be as entertaining as it should.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
As of 12 October 2008

- Front waterfall working
- Rear waterfall not working
- Load station steam working
- Yeti not working (B mode)
- Bird not working
- Peak mist not working
- Projection working

EpcotServo

Honestly, I KNOW the Yeti will be fixed. What worries me is the new mist effect they built over the old one, I want to see THAT working again.

SirGoofy

Honestly, I KNOW the Yeti will be fixed. What worries me is the new mist effect they built over the old one, I want to see THAT working again.

The question isn't whether he will be fixed. It's when. Because the way management of these parks is going, they can't stand to have their attractions closed. I can see Mr. Yeti being down for a very long time.

JML42691

From my opinion, with all this discussion of Primeval Whirl and its care over Everest's, I would rather see that entire part of DinoLand scrapped and replaced with something else (that doesn't have to be all that big of an attraction). It almost feels like it was a placeholder or something, and it truly feels like it was designed to be temporary.

--But that is just my perspective

I hope that the Yeti is back in A mode by April.

JML42691

A= Full Yeti-Movement, theatrical colored lights, swinging arm, etc.

B= Partial to no Yeti Movement, dark cave, strobe light flickers to mimic Yeti-movement, fans occasionally blow Yeti's fur.

I know that there are a few sub-modes of B (some have minor movement, while others have none), but I don't know them off the top of my head.

Ralphlaw

Back on November of 2006, we were at EE when it closed up for about 2 hours on afternoon while we stood in line. That was bad. I was mad at Rhode, Walt, the Dalai Lamai, and Mao Tse Tung, all at once. My new medication helps.

In talking to people, it appeared that the closing of EE was a relatively common experience. A few cool details I can live without, but a complete shutdown is very annoying.

We are coming back for the 1st time in a couple weeks, and I am wondering if anyone can tell me if EE is generally in working order, or if it is still prone to break down several times a week. Anyone with info on this would be greatly appreciated. Incidentally, I'm bringing my new medication.

SirGoofy

We are coming back for the 1st time in a couple weeks, and I am wondering if anyone can tell me if EE is generally in working order, or if it is still prone to break down several times a week. Anyone with info on this would be greatly appreciated. Incidentally, I'm bringing my new medication.

I worked in the parks from January to May, and I visited AK at least once a week, and EE was never down, nor did any of my friends complain about it being down. So I would say you're good to go. Unfortunately it really isn't the same ride w/o a fully operational yeti.

Hot4Hudgens

Wow. I hope they get it up and running. I've never had an issue while riding, but it has shut down quite a few times while we were waiting for our FP's to kick in. That's too bad that one of Disney's top draws (and one of the newer rides) appears to have so many problems.

Since1976

So, it will take a major closure to fix this thing, eh? Knowing Disney's usual practice of announcing rehabs months in advance, and taking into account the lateness of the season, it could be another 6 to 12 months before the attraction is closed and strobing Dance Club Yeti gets fixed.

ToTBellHop

So, it will take a major closure to fix this thing, eh? Knowing Disney's usual practice of announcing rehabs months in advance, and taking into account the lateness of the season, it could be another 6 to 12 months before the attraction is closed and strobing Dance Club Yeti gets fixed.
a strobing Dance Club Yeti actually seems apropos for the "What Will You Celebrate?" celebration. Maybe they will add virtual confetti to the projection and a party hat to the animatronic.

mcjaco

I'm not sure it will take a major closure. They're working on a second Yeti to replace the broken one, then they'll have on for back up should it break again. I'd imagine this swap wouldn't take more than a week or two, unless they want to do other fixes at the same time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom