Expedition Everest effects status watch

thelookingglass

Sigh... Everest seems to be in bad shape now, and not just the obvious missing effects and disco yeti. The trains rattle and clunk along the track rather loudly. They aren't rough but they do not feel smooth. In it's earlier days, they were glass smooth. The train seats and padding are all ripped up and discolored. It has been mentioned several times in this thread, but the landscaping that was never really completely replaced when the bamboo forest was removed looks botched and bare in some areas and overgrown with weeds in others. Backstage areas still exposed. The mountain itself is dirty - up close, the snow is covered with brown and yellowish dirt. A lot of props in the queue and ride look very worn out and filthy.

G00fyDad

...it will not.
Lol. I figured I'd ask that stupid question before someone else did. It's never going to be fixed. We'll come back one day and it'll just have the Yeti completely removed from the entire ride. They'll probably replace it with a poster of a Yeti.

Last edited:

MKCP 1985

How many years now has it been?

Glad to have been fortunate to ride in 2006 when it was actually awesome. I said something about "3 years" in one of Disney's Facebook pages and then immediately realized it has probably been broken for much longer than that.

afar28

How many years now has it been?

Glad to have been fortunate to ride in 2006 when it was actually awesome. I said something about "3 years" in one of Disney's Facebook pages and then immediately realized it has probably been broken for much longer than that.
I think it began having problems in 2007, then completely broke in 08

HakunaMatata89

i was lucky enough to be in AK during the 'soft opening' they did for EE. we waited almost 2hrs to ride it but ended up in the first row and got to see the full working yeti, shame that it's been inop for so long.

i hate to say this, because I am in love with the ideas for the new night time entertainment, but maybe instead of starting to construct that project they should worry about refurbs to the attractions already in place, i.e. EE, which needs an extensive one.

Fable McCloud

I watched the 2010 show about AK on Netflix last night, and saw where they talk about the yeti and how powerful the hydraulics are, etc. It looks so cool. I haven't been on the ride yet, but will ride it next month. Wish the Yeti would move like he used to.

I watched that special too, and it came out after I had been to WDW in 2008 for the first time. In 2008, the Yeti was still Disco-tastic, and I remember seeing that special and being really excited that they would fix it for when I went in 2011. Yeti was still getting his strobe light dance break, but not moving.

I REALLY wish they hadn't spent all the time on that special talking about the Yeti, because guests get so excited for it, and then BOOM! Disco Inferno.

They NEED to do something about that ride. People are expecting this guy to be terrifying and move like all the promotional stuff shows you. Yes, the ride is awesome and attracts people by itself, but the videos are misleading and it annoys me.

In 2011, my ex-boyfriend and I went, and he has no knowledge of the Disco Yeti OR the moving one. When we got off the ride he said "I WISH THE YETI WAS AN ANIMATRONIC INSTEAD OF A STATUE. IT'D BE COOL IF HE MOVED." So then I showed him the promotional video and he was son annoyed he complained to an AK cast member AND guest services.

Don't spend time on making something so real only to let it go to waste.

CTXRover

Everest was about the same in regards to effects today.. Both waterfalls on, steam at load on, no bird, no mist, yeti on strobe mode. Still fun, but could be better. At least the foilage has once again grown in to cover the backstage building..
rrpcvs.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom