Expedition Everest effects status watch

Bairstow

Right. There's the projection yeti that's working...

everest_yeti_roar.jpg

...usually

And then there's the real-life animatronic yet that's been broken for years and years.

Expedition-Everest-Yeti-783404.jpg

A fornture teller told me Disney will only fix it if some one does a kickstarter, raises 3 times the amount needed to fix it (because it will go overbudget) and then wait until after the Avatar E ticket ride comes out before closing the yeti ride.......

*raises shoulder*

hokielutz

Sigh..... Since Monday in the office was going soooo well...:rolleyes:

I thought maybe there was a chance some good news had come out about the Yeti.... :banghead:

Tigger19

Right. There's the projection yeti that's working...

everest_yeti_roar.jpg

...usually

And then there's the real-life animatronic yet that's been broken for years and years.

Expedition-Everest-Yeti-783404.jpg

o_O The real life animatronic looks amazing! I wish it was working:( I love the ride but actually seeing the Yeti would make it amazing

Seabasealpha1

Those
Those are pretty simple animatronics, though...
It's sad that a Six Flags or Cedar Fair park can operate dozens of multiple storey-tall animatronics but Disney can't...

Those animatronics suck royally. I live about two hours from Kings Island. The halloween decor at Wal Mart works better and moves faster...and don't even get me started on the sounds they used for these dinosaurs. The hadrosaurs actually sound like (and they use) sheep. No joke. It's terrible. Not worth the upcharge. And nothing on Disney.

Though, when I ride universe of energy I wonder (every time) why those Dinosaurs SUCK vs the ones at Animal Kingdom...

My guess is moolah...yeah.

MerlinTheGoat

Universe of Energy's dinos are immensely older than Animal Kingdom's, i'm guessing they didn't receive any substantial tech upgrades since the 80's. Though suck isn't a word I would use to describe them either.

Wikkler

Those animatronics suck royally. I live about two hours from Kings Island. The halloween decor at Wal Mart works better and moves faster...and don't even get me started on the sounds they used for these dinosaurs. The hadrosaurs actually sound like (and they use) sheep. No joke. It's terrible. Not worth the upcharge. And nothing on Disney.

Though, when I ride universe of energy I wonder (every time) why those Dinosaurs SUCK vs the ones at Animal Kingdom...

My guess is moolah...yeah.
I understand why they suck honestly. Scaly, kangaroo-hands raptors
Somewhere a Paleontologist is Crying. :cry:

And just don't get me started on Energy Adventure's dinos, which are accurate by 80's standards. 1880's standards.

Seabasealpha1

M'kay...lets use a different tact here...

I feel that the dinosaurs on Universe of Energy are sub-par and that they are hideously tacky and misrepresent any kind of motion worthy of dinosaurs. The technology seems hideously outdated and the battle between the T-Rex (or is it an Allosaurus?) and the Stegosaurus isn't convincing anyone...I am certain that there has never been an upgrade as well...perhaps if they hadn't build CTX (Dinosaur) we would have a lower expectation...

Suck is a fair word if you consider that they are only a couple of steps above what is at King's Island. At least the sound effects are correct....

Paul jr

Earlier on this tread, somebody mentioned some kind of bird on the track. I rode EE a few time since the opening and I don't recal bird. What is this effect and did sombody get a picture of those bird?

matt9112

When I was there on Wednesday July 17....I could barely see the Yeti. Even for strobe lights, he was poorly lit and blended right into the cave itself.

For the longest time I've wondered how anyone could miss it. Now I know.

When I rode EE in May 2011....I could SEE it. The lighting was effective, and while it did have a strobe, the strobe worked to augment the stage lighting on him. It looked like they had a fan blowing his hair around. Despite being in B mode, at least it wasn't a total loss.

July 2013? Meh. He's gone from Disco Yeti to Super-Stealth Camo Yeti.
The yeti plays COD like a boss. Don't hate.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Earlier on this tread, somebody mentioned some kind of bird on the track. I rode EE a few time since the opening and I don't recal bird. What is this effect and did sombody get a picture of those bird?
It was on a stick up in the air infront of the false broken track. It looked so bad (and was hard to get to when damaged) it was deactivated. The noise however is still there.

Have a look here http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=684384

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It was on a stick I'm the air infront of the false broken track. It looked so bad (and was hard to get to when damaged) it was deactivated. The noise however is still there.
That effect could have been done so much better. A cable system like they use for overhead cameras would have been much more realistic. He could have popped up and hovered with a little side to side movement then disappeared again.

SMPTE MOUSE

I know this is an older post. Poor Everest Expedition. It's one of the best rides in all the parks and for some reason they just can't seem to keep the effects working properly. I don't even remember seeing a bird in my last ride. Even now in 2013 the ride seems to always be in disarray.
yeti real jim hill-1.jpg

matt9112

9-9-13 disco yeti in full effect.
Waterfall and steam on trains in effect.
No error with first yeti projection.

Side note wonderful cast members operating the lost and found for my camera (face palm)

jkl2000

Is the Yeti EVER moving anymore, or is it always disco yeti or yeti behind a tarp or whatever?
I watched the 2010 show about AK on Netflix last night, and saw where they talk about the yeti and how powerful the hydraulics are, etc. It looks so cool. I haven't been on the ride yet, but will ride it next month. Wish the Yeti would move like he used to.

matt9112

Is the Yeti EVER moving anymore, or is it always disco yeti or yeti behind a tarp or whatever?
I watched the 2010 show about AK on Netflix last night, and saw where they talk about the yeti and how powerful the hydraulics are, etc. It looks so cool. I haven't been on the ride yet, but will ride it next month. Wish the Yeti would move like he used to.

No motion anymore for foreseeable future. You can find full discussion on these forums but in a nutshell it jeopardizes the integrity of the structure when moving and repair work would require extensive work and ride shut down for long period of time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom