Expedition Everest effects status watch

PintoColvig

From the Week of Sept. 7 - 14th....
No steam at the beginning of the week but steam at the end of the week.

Water fall to the left of the lift was not running all week.

Bird? What bird? I haven't seen the bird since my May '06 trip.

Yeti was in 'A' mode each time.

Nevertheless, EE rocks! I'm appreciating it more and more with every ride.

Skip

A report from yesterday, September 15th...

• Bird was NOT working... I've never seen it work. Where exactly does it pop out?
  • First waterfall was working and looked great, added considerably to the theming IMO
  • Steam effect in the station was working
  • Yeti was in A-Mode
  • Didn't notice a second waterfall
  • There was a ton of extra light in the backwards portion - I could easily see all of the supports, it was quite odd
Also, I might note - in that first "gentle" area (after you make a left pass the first waterfall and loop to the big lift) the foliage seems to have grown big time since spring - felt much more realistic. Thumbs up!

-Skip

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended

• Bird was NOT working... I've never seen it work. Where exactly does it pop out?
  • First waterfall was working and looked great, added considerably to the theming IMO
  • Yeti was in A-Mode
  • There was a ton of extra light in the backwards portion - I could easily see all of the supports, it was quite odd
Also, I might note - in that first "gentle" area (after you make a left pass the first waterfall and loop to the big lift) the foliage seems to have grown big time since spring - felt much more realistic. Thumbs up!

-Skip

OMG!! I think i saw the bird! When we started walking backwords something caught my eye! i looked and say it liek fly down the mountain. I thought it was the yeti so i was ask,ing my family,

Does any one know the problems with Everest on the 26th September? The Ride didnt open till 9:30am. And Towards the end of the ride it ws in complete darkness

phenom1307

• Yeti was in A-Mode

-Skip

when you get to where the track is destroyed right before you go backwards...the bird makes a call then you see it slowly come out of nowhere in front of you then go back down...thats really all it does

the-reason14

when you get to where the track is destroyed right before you go backwards...the bird makes a call then you see it slowly come out of nowhere in front of you then go back down...thats really all it does

Havent seen that effect since 2006, did they completely do away with it? Not that its an effect that is missed, Im just askin....?...

thedisneyman

I rode it on Wednesday (10/3) and:

1 - Steam in station was very low
2 - Waterfalls were on
3 - No Bird, but bird sound was on
4 - Yeti was still with strobe lights on him as train passed

Poor Show

I seem to remember a steam/fog effect at the top of the mountain after you get off the lift hill, but before you enter the cave and the track end. Am I just putting memories in my head or what happened to this. Many videos that I have seen now don't have this.
I was told the reason the foggy "snow" effect was removed was because it caused safety and maintenance issues for the track and trains due to the moisture.

ImagineerAndy

Just got back from two weeks, only the first waterfall was working in all the times we rode on Everest.

No bird, no second waterfall, no steam at start, no mist and only some of the sound effects were working.
I was told by a CM that Yeti only sometimes works for an hour or so in the morning before he takes down the whole ride, and it is a software problem, nothing else really. However, she did say it is very rare if ALL the effects on Everest are working at once.

This is a major problem though, but I don't think it will require a major refurb hopefully, I think it is something to fix at night, but just be aware guys who are going, yeti is in Show mode B.

Sorry, another side note. On the first few times of riding Show Mode B, yeti had strobe behind, which I don't think works, my girlfriend said she didn't see him the first few times. But later in the trip, it was not a strobe but a normal flashing spotlight from behind and in front and his eyes were red.

EpcotServo

Yesterday waterfalls A and B were off, and Yeti was in B show. (Which I haven't seen in awhile....) The big news is the mist. It's NOT the same misters as before. Those are still off. This is a brand new mist effect placed on the overhang above track switch A that rools down that overhang and falls over the tunnel and mists everyone a little before you come into Broken trestle. It looks great if you look back at Broken trestle. You can't see it on the outside though, so the true purpose of it is still lost unless they turn on the peak misters....which is sadly unlikey since I've been waiting a year to see that effect turned on.

Mecha Figment

To be honest i think the bird has been removed. I got a good look at the back side of the mountain and i didn't see the bird where it was suppose to be.

Peterwhite171

I was there last year just after the attraction opened and the Yeti was in B mode. It was a shame as my brother said he missed the Yeti because it was in B mode. The waterfalls (all of them), the bird, and the mists were all working.

Went back last month (September) and rode the ride around 10 times over my two weeks vacation. The Yeti was in A mode all the time as the difference is amazing, its a great effect and is actually quite scary. It's a shame that it's having problems because it makes or breaks the attraction. I cant say I miss the bird effect tho which I never saw during my second trip. It was rather lame to be honest.

CatherineL

That is not good - I hope they repair it. Mind you, I wish they would get rid of that Yeti. It scares me so much that I have to close my eyes!

coilback

Was there last week. Steam effect was working, mildly, and Yeti was in B Mode. The bird was not there either - that always came off a bit cheesy anyway, like someone just raised it on a stick or something. I have to be honest, the Yeti seemed more scary in B mode to me because you only got glimpses of him. Every other time I've rode it, it was in A mode and it didn't really scare me at all.

Chape19714

As of Saturday 11/3/07:

No Waterfalls
No Steam
No Bird
No Mist whatsoever
Yeti in "B"

Talk about having a bad day, seems like EE didn't want to wake up at all!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
When has the Yeti last been spotted in A mode? Every report for the last few months seems to be seeing B mode.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom