Expedition Everest effects status watch

surfsupdon

The Yeti was in B mode in the last week of October as well.

I personally like B mode much more....he looked scarier and you never really do get a good look at him and the strobes really disorient the rider. The Yeti kind of looks corny with the big spotlight on him.

Shere_Khan

I'm sure someone has answered this question somewhere on the boards or in this thread, if someone could point me to the answer it would be much appreciated.
What is the difference between A and B mode?
When I was there in February and rode, I remember he was lit up quite well and he kind of swoops down a bit like he is going to grab your ride car. What mode did I see?

Chape19714

A is the mode you saw
B is an alternative mode, where he's lit only by strobe and the only movement is the wind on his fur.

Shere_Khan

A is the mode you saw
B is an alternative mode, where he's lit only by strobe and the only movement is the wind on his fur.

Thank you!
I liked the version I saw, but I was expecting to be more scared. You could see him when you were quite far away so you knew he was coming.
I have never seen the strobe version, but I think with a strobe and him moving down to try and grab your car would be awesome! They should combine the modes. LOL.

LoriMistress

I'm sure this has been posted before so please don't bite my head off about it, but I saw on screamscape.com today about a rumor about an early refurbishment with EE.

(10/25/07) It seems Disney is having a little problem with the giant Yeti animatronic at the end of Expedition Everest. For the last couple of weeks we’ve been getting reports that the Yeti is broken down, though you may not have noticed. The backup effect for when the Yeti is down is to lower the light levels and use a strobe light effect in the final room. The motion of the train through the cavern with the strobe light does a good job making the Yeti still look like he is moving. We’ve also heard a few stories about Everest experiencing higher than normal down-time lately, so perhaps the mountain will be ready for a little rehab sooner than later.

I hope it's repaired (or not shut down due to an early refurb), by the time we arrive in December.

EpcotServo

I'm sure this has been posted before so please don't bite my head off about it, but I saw on screamscape.com today about a rumor about an early refurbishment with EE.

(10/25/07) It seems Disney is having a little problem with the giant Yeti animatronic at the end of Expedition Everest. For the last couple of weeks we’ve been getting reports that the Yeti is broken down, though you may not have noticed. The backup effect for when the Yeti is down is to lower the light levels and use a strobe light effect in the final room. The motion of the train through the cavern with the strobe light does a good job making the Yeti still look like he is moving. We’ve also heard a few stories about Everest experiencing higher than normal down-time lately, so perhaps the mountain will be ready for a little rehab sooner than later.

I hope it's repaired (or not shut down due to an early refurb), by the time we arrive in December.

I'm pretty sure that's just rumor. He may be down for a bit, but I don't think it's that bad.

LoriMistress

I just want to see the Yeti completely working at least once during our trip. Hopefully, we'll be at AK park at least twice during our trip so hopefully we'll be able to see the Yeti working at least once.

NitroStitch

The strobe effect was still going yesterday (11/11/07) when I rode - it's kind of disappointing, since you really don't get to see as much of the Yeti. They did such an amazing job on the Yeti that you shouldn't have to miss out on him! :shrug:

Skipper Dan

This is the first I have ever heard of an A and B mode. :veryconfu

I definitely saw A mode in April. Me and my friend went one it for the first time together, and it was an incredible experience. Scared the s- :zipit: stuff out of the both of us! :dazzle: :hammer:

I REALLY don’t like the sound of this B mode. :hurl:

I will be REALLY upset if I see B mode next time, because I may be bringing another friend who’s never been. It will definitely be a disappointment to me. :brick:

Does anyone know what's causing Mr. Yeti to have to be in the B mode? I was just curious.

chinitopoop

he was in b mode on saturday (11-10-07) it was disappointing because I kept telling my brother how real and amazing the yeti looks, then once i finally took him on it, all he got to see was the yeti's red eyes and a little bit of the hand, they should really atleast shine a little light on him or something so you can see a little more than just those red eyes, it kinda killed the ride for me as that is my favorite part

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom