Expedition Everest effects status watch

WDWduck02

wat i did notice was that after you go backwards and into the cave where u see the screen of the yeti. after the clip is over ur just sitting there for a little while.

Tom Morrow

For how long are you talking, exactly? Because you are supposed to sit there and watch the shadow of the Yeti tear up track for a few moments.

Neilo

hi this is my first post on this site,so first of all hi to you all.

Iv only been once to disney before and that was in 2004,i am finally going back next month and one of the rides i was looking forward to was this one,but after reading that things are not working i just wondered will it be worth going on now.

Are theses just minor things or do they help make the ride?

mrssparrow

Oh my goodness, don't let this stop you from riding this ride. as a matter of fact, I didn't notice these things when I was on the ride earlier this month!
ride it!

JML42691

hi this is my first post on this site,so first of all hi to you all.

Iv only been once to disney before and that was in 2004,i am finally going back next month and one of the rides i was looking forward to was this one,but after reading that things are not working i just wondered will it be worth going on now.

Are theses just minor things or do they help make the ride?
First of all, Welcome to the boards!!!:wave:

These are all mostly secondary effects that have no real importance to the main storyline of the ride, but make it seem that much more realistic.

1. Nobody seems to know what the purpose/meaning of the bird is
2. The steam at the load area just makes the train seem more realistic
3. The two waterfalls make the mountain seem more real and you wouldn't notice that they are not working if you did not know where they are.
4. The fog at the top of the mountain was only active during the soft opening of the ride (before the official opening in Apr '06) and was apparently removed because it interfeered with the ride and caused it to break down(may have blocked sensors). In my own opinion, this was one of the coolest effects on the ride, you can still see it some youtube videos from Jan-Feb '06.
5. On the A-mode/B-mode discussion, almost everybody can agree that the A-mode is better and the B-mode is only put into place so the ride can still run without the storyline changing while the Yeti's hydrolics are malfuntioning.

You should definatly ride it because most of the effcts dicussed here may not be working one day, but working the next, so you never know which ones. As I said earlier, these are primarily secondary effects and your riding experience would only be made to seem better if they are working but would not be changed if they are not. Hope this helps:wave:

mrssparrow

A mode is yeti working.
B mode yeti is not moving, strobe lighting on the yeti.

Oh my goodness, I have noticed this.. last april (06), We were on it a few times and I thought I swore it moved one time and not the next.....

When we were on it earlier this month, it didnt move so I thought I was seeing things...

thanks for the explanation!!!!

JML42691

Oh my goodness, I have noticed this.. last april (06), We were on it a few times and I thought I swore it moved one time and not the next.....

When we were on it earlier this month, it didnt move so I thought I was seeing things...

thanks for the explanation!!!!
Hoping to clarify what you saw, when you went into the cave were all the theatrical lights turned off and strobe lights were used, or were the theatrical lights on but no yeti movement? If what you saw was the second of the two things, then you went through A-mode but your train did not trip the sensor that activates the yeti, or did trip the sensor but you were stopped at the brake hold before the cave and thus missed the yeti-movement..

mrssparrow

Hoping to clarify what you saw, when you went into the cave were all the theatrical lights turned off and strobe lights were used, or were the theatrical lights on but no yeti movement? If what you saw was the second of the two things, then you went through A-mode but your train did not trip the sensor that activates the yeti, or did trip the sensor but you were stopped at the brake hold before the cave and thus missed the yeti-movement..

I only saw the yeti move once in about 6-7 times riding it. Now I only saw the yeti move on like the 4th time riding it..... At that point I started to notice it. Before then, I could have had my eyes closed or was looking at something else. since then, it hasn't move as I have been looking for it..... does that helP?

:)

Skipper Dan

My first "expedition" was in April. It was the best experience of my life! I didn't notice the second waterfall - I didn't know to look. The only thing I did notice - because I had seen it happen in an on ride video on YouTube - was the hawk was late. But as far as everything else - and Mr. Yeti - IT WAS GREAT... in a "rip your head off" sort of way :lol:!

EE is my favorite Disney attraction of all time! :sohappy:

LudwigVonDrake

I rode Everest several times last month. If there is a bird at the end of the track, I never noticed so I guess it wasn't working. There was a little bit of steam at the load but nothing like what I've seen on ride videos on Youtube. Also I noticed on Youtube that there was mist/steam at the top of the big drop (after the Yeti wall projection). That was NOT there at the beginning of July. I didn't notice a second waterfall. The Yeti was in full functioning mode all the times I rode it.

Everest is my new favorite roller coaster. Totally awesome! :)

JML42691

Almost forgot I meant to post to this thread when i got back,

From Aug. 24th
No steam of any ammount at the loading dock
The bird at the top was not working (couldn't be seen)
The waterfall near the loading dock was working
The waterfall that is near the helixes was not working
More light than I remember inside the backwards portion of the ride.
The Yeti was in A-mode

The foliage around the first part of the ride had grown a lot thicker since the last time I rode it in Feb '06 and gave the ride a much more "natural" effect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom