Expedition Everest effects status watch

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've tried to catch up on things but I'm still lost. I went to WDW in October 2008 and the Yeti was (if I remember correctly) a projected image, but I think the actual figure of the Yeti was still in the ride somewhere.

So I'm going to WDW in late Feb/early March...what am I going to see on Expedition Everest? A projection, or the animatronic figure?
You will see a projection at the end of the backwards section (this has been there since day 1) and an anamtronic yeti with no movement and a strobe light (aka Disco yeti).

Fable McCloud

Thanks Master Yoda! I'm glad to know I can enjoy a Disco Yeti...it's better than no Yeti at all! I just can't wait to see my BF's face when we start going backwards!:D

Fable McCloud

:lol:

And instead of it swiping down in front of the car like it's going to crush you it tries to give you a hug!

That might get people to second guess what they saw even more.

"Is that what the queue was trying to warn us about?"
"I think... Did it try to hug us?"
"Let's ride again to be sure."
That would be the most amazing ride ever!

JustInTime

Ok. I as of the 11th of November some effects were back running!

The trains had steam!

The Bird was in place AND moving. It IS a neat effect.

The Yeti is no longer "crouched", he is back to hanging directly over the tracks. Heck, the lighting on him seemed ever brighter!

Alas, no mist and both waterfalls were off.

Nov 12th:

On a random note, rode Everest at night and its a really neat ride to do at night. The weird thing though, there is very little light on the tracks. Its kind of weird. Felt like it would have been better with some lighting on the tracks that are outside. Its pitch black. Still a great experience though. Anyways....

Steam was working
Bird was working
Didnt check waterfalls.
Yeti is a mess still. Im not sure what the crouched mode is (user reported that the yeti is no longer in this), but when we rode he was kinda just hanging over the track, head down, slumped over. Looked just pathetic.

Swung by guest relations on the way out to file a complaint. They really need to get it fixed.

Fable McCloud

I also plan on giving a complaint. Maybe if enough people do something it will happen. Then again, maybe not. They have different priorities than us I guess.

DisneyFamilyDad

We've been to WDW 3 times in the last 4 years. Two kids were too small and the other couldn't be convinced that it is not a real Yeti in the mountain. So I never rode it. I would watch the commercial in the hotel room and anticipate the experience. Finally, last time in April 2010 my wife's niece and husband were there. So after talking about the ride during the trip planning, at the stop at Burger King on the way down, during dinner at Mama Melrose's at DHS the day before, we finally made it to AK. We got in the single rider line and within 5 minutes we were locked in. What seemed about 30 seconds later we got off and wondered "what was that?"
I didn't even see the static Yeti. I tried to imagine why would they put us on some "side track". I guess I blinked during the strobe flash. I didn't visit any WDW forums before then, but I do now. I wish they would cut the functional Yeti out of that commercial.

elfshadowreaper

I wish they would cut the functional Yeti out of that commercial.

This is one of the huge issues I see with Disney's little yeti problem. Since the animatronic has been down for years now, it's total lying on Disney's part when they show the yeti in its full glory(which I have never had the privilege to even see yet) in the commercials. While they can't decide on what to do to fix the over-sized paperweight, they should at least edit the yeti out. I know most people probably don't even know to look out for him, but it's still stinks of bait-and-switch.

IWant2GoNow

powlessfamily4

On trip to AK two weeks ago I took the opportunity during a silent pause during the "shadow dance" to yell "FIX THE YETI!" although I am sure no one important heard it... it made me feel better :)

nikole957

Now there's a major loss.:lol:

Seriously, I can't stand that bird.
I was on E:E three times yesterday, and can confirm that there were no steam effects at the load platform. There also was no bird at the end of the track. As for the waterfall, I don't even remember a water fall, but I was surprised yesterday to get wet (wet like spat on) at some point during the ride where I have never gotten wet before. I cannot tell you the exact point. Maybe I'll go back tomorrow and go on another three times, but this time take note

KaneMarko

We were at the World last week and rode EE a ton (really short lines when we were there). The bird at the end of the broken track seemed to be working. The waterfall seemed to be working. That seemed to be it. Although, as I noted in my TR, the lighting on the yeti was brighter than I expected. He’s still motionless, of course. But he was pretty visible (if you knew where and when to look).

I also noticed that later in the day, the projection of the yeti tearing up the track stopped working and never really came back on for the rest of the day (although the audio still worked). I assumed it was a glitch, but since we didn’t go back after the park closed that day I can neither confirm or deny that it was an ongoing issue.

Fable McCloud

My BF and I also plan on screaming "Fix the Yeti" on the ride, again as stated, no one important will hear it, but ti does make you feel better.

I showed him what "Disco Yeti" looked like, and what Yeti was "supposed" to look like...he was as upset as I was.

ABigBrassBand

I will be filing a complaint, anyone know how to go about this?

It's a shame, really...they should have prepared to take it down for refurb instead of letting it soar to the most popular ride in DAK.

thelookingglass

Rode today:

-no steam at load
-no waterfalls, though possibly because of cold weather?
-bird was working
-Yeti was clearly visable, illuminated in red in addition to the strobes.

The Yeti not moving honestly does not hinder my enjoyment of the ride, however, it would be nice if they restored some movement so it doesn't look like a statue.

Also, I gotta question why this thread is still stickied, as its clear that besides the Yeti, all the other effects come and go regularly, and you could say the same thing for every single ride at WDW (sadly, given the current state of maintenance at WDW)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom