Expedition Everest effects status watch

tomes1225

The waterfall thing makes sense. Excuse me for making a Six Flags reference, but on Bizarro at Six Flags New England they turn the fire effects on and off depending on the time, so it could just be one of those saving power sorts of things.

EpcotServo

Hearing alot of old questions asked, so here are the answers on where the other effects are at:

Steam: Is off and on because it's an ACTUAL steam boiler, so it takes alot of watching and care. Remember, boilers are dangerous, so they don't take risks when it comes to running it. It's often on though, and is pretty reliable.

Waterfalls: Waterfall A (the one you can see from the street) is usually on, but Waterfall B (on the other side of the lifthill) is always off because they ended up cannibalizing parts from it to keep the other waterfall running. At this point they probably just don't give a darn, and just order parts and maintain A.

Mist: The original mist (circa 2006) was built into the mountain, with nozzles at Broken Trestle track switch and Shadow of the Yeti track switch, and finally at the peak of the mountain to provide a "snow blowing off the peak effect". That never really looked good though, so they never turned that effect on.

What happened elsewhere in the mountain, is that they began to notice the metal "tab arms" (Which are useless artifacts of steel inside the mountain that the rockwork was "hung" on to, and used for scaffolding during construction) were getting all rusty from all the water vapor in the air. (If anyone tells you it was because it was rusting the track or tripping the sensors, know that's a myth. Not true at all.) WDI stated the rust was normal and not an issue, but operations is panic-y and ordered the mist off. After a good deal of the pipes just sitting there (and the excess water rusting the metal anyway) they finally cut the water system to those areas off entirely.

They did however install a new series of mist machines. This time at Broken Trestle itself, mounted OUTSIDE the building, so the mist would roll down into the scene. As well as installing some at the peak for a new snow effect at the peak. The peak effect worked on the 10th anniversary, but has never really been seen since. (You can see it by looking back at the peak from Broken Trestle) and while that scene mist was off and on for awhile, it's been missing for quite some time now due to reasons unknown by me.

And finally the Vulture, that is something they do fix, but when it breaks it takes them awhile because it's a good climb and they have to scale some vertical latters to get to it, and frankly maintance is never too eager to do that much work.

It all comes down to not poor design or freak accident, but mostly it's just management not having that much initiative or favor with higher ups to get anything done when it comes to effects.

hauntdmansion79

Just thought I'd chime in on the status of Expedition Everest effects since I was just there on March 1st. We rode it 3 times that day and the effects were the same all 3 times.

Only 1 waterfall working, the one you can see from the entrance.

No steam at loading area

No mist up around peak

No bird at broken tracks

Yeti was in B mode with strobe. Very dimly lit, could HARDLY see him at all.

I haven't been on this ride since 2008 when the Yeti was working and I am just absolutely horrified at the Disney company for letting this attraction go. Where in the hell is their pride? The Yeti already went by too quickly back when he worked, now the Yeti is practically a non-existent part of the ride. Oh well, just thought I'd share.

MUTZIE77

I rode Everest 3 times in the past few days, and a friend rode a few times on other days, and the Yeti scene was completely dark. No strobes, no thing, the only thing there was the sound.

Rode it four times yesterday.
No steam. No mist. No bird. Only the small waterfall. Oh, and no yeti.
He was dark. No strobes. 3/4 times he was completely obscured and we could only hear the roars. But on the third go-around he was backlit enough for me to see that the animatronic was covered in a net and it looked like it was being worked on. Its my belief that Disney is finally trying to fix it.
When I asked cast members they said "The yeti is on vacation." Hopefully when he returns he will be fully functioning! :veryconfu

ChristianG

I was actually surprised to see the steam. I haven't seen it in a few years and all of a sudden it was back! It's a shame about the mist on the mountain though. It was a nice effect but it messed up the sensors and whatnot.

I'm also glad to hear that Disney is actually trying to fix the yeti rather than having it in B-mode for the rest of its life!

chuangya

As far as the waterfalls I have never seen them working. The only time I seen it working was on opening day other then that I have been on plenty of times with no waterfalls. ....:shrug:

VDisneyFan18

. As far as the waterfalls I have never seen them working. The only time I seen it working was on opening day other then that I have been on plenty of times with no waterfalls.

I was on it in the summer 2010 and i saw the waterfall i dont really remember if there was 2 working but definatly 1:):) They are an effect that really makes it feel like your really near mt. everest:) it would be sad to see them go:cry:

BAD311

We were there 4/19/2011 and finally got on around 7pm with our FP. Standby was 10-15 minutes. First time through Yeti was not lit at all. Second time through (20+ mins later) he was lit, 3rd time through around 8pm he came at us and was lit.

DancingPhoenix

It's really sad that the first time I got to ride this in 2009 I had no idea there was a yeti... a bird... or mist.

I did know of both waterfalls though, the one in the front has always been on when I've ridden it, and the one in the back seems to get me wet every other time I ride.

Liiterally, liiiiiterally did not know that bird exsisted. And yes I have ridden in the front, back, and middle. With the yeti, when I went in March I specifically looked for him the three times we rode it, and told my friend to look too. The first time I missed him, the second I saw his shape but didn't see any features, and the third time I saw him full disco mode. Though watching that video, man that's a cool effect. I hope next time I visit he's fixed :(

mercer

I went on yesterday, glitch with the silhouette projection, just a jittering yeti pulling apart train tracks, and then looking like he was frozen trying to reassemble them.

mrsdanalind

Effects of Everest

I've had a lot of recent reports that some of Expedition Everest's effects are not currently working.

As of 15 April 2007:

- No steam effect at load
- Second waterfall not running (near the back of the mountain)
- No bird at the track end scene

If you ride Everest, and can provide an update as to what is and what isnt working, please do so here. Thanks :)

I don't remember any of those in the trips... but then when I got on the ride, I am so excited that the details tend to slip away. I only remember in retrospect, and all I remember is the excitement. I actually did get to see the yeti last time and it worked... YEAH>>>>:D

KaneMarko

The first time my wife and I went to WDW together was back in the 2006. A handful of months after EE opened. Back then the yeti was fully functional. And when we saw him for the first time we were truly blown away. How could Disney make something that massive move and look so real? We rode EE many times that trip and continued to be amazed at this AA each time.

We have been back to WDW a handful of times since that trip. It's really unfortunate that the 2006 trip was the last time we saw the yeti fully functional. I still cannot understand how all the brilliant imagineers behind the design of EE could allow such a flaw on such an amazing ride.

I don't frequent this board as often as I should but I'd read mention of Team Disney finally putting together a plan to fix the Yeti for good? I'm too lazy to search through the various thread for confirmation. But can anyone confirm that a fix to the yeti is finally in the works? If so, when can we expect him to finally move again?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom