Exclusive New Photos of Inside Everest!!

SpenceMan01

Glasgow said:
Can I just say that this ride looks absolutely stunning?

Too bad they don't put a small teaser on vmk.com
Think about it:

Virtual Magic Kingdom

not: Virtual Animal Kingdom or Virtual Walt Disney World

You'd be hard pressed to get Everest on VMK considering it's at AK and not MK.

Glasgow

Yeah, I understand they are different parks .. but it's not really a direct copy of MK, is it? Thus, they can be more flexible ..

Montu

ogryn said:
Vekoma also do Hydrolic Launches similar to Intamin's (who also have LIM coasters..... Superman The Escape, Volcano:The Blast Coaster...) in their Booster Bike Coasters (which they also say they can fit to other designs).

Not that this matters of course, as it would still require a long straight section of track :)

Vekoma has not yet done a hydrolic launch system.

Superman: the Escape and Volcano: the Blast Coaster use LSM launches.

Lynx04

Montu said:
Sometimes it's difficult to sit back and watch people try to act "in the know" on here.

Vekoma has also used a flywheel launch system. LSM launching systems have nothing to do with pusher cars under the trains. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster's pusher car was a matter of convienence to avoid the cost of magnets on all five trains instead. Other LSM coasters have magnets mounted to the train itself. Intamin created the LSM launch idea, not Vekoma. Intamin has also utilized the LIM launch system on their coasters, and a hydrolic launch system on others. Universal had nothing to do with Hulk's tire driven launch system other than saying "we want a coaster that launches." It was created by a company that makes tires for aircraft launchers, in conjunction with B&M's coaster hardware.

And LIMs don't require a long straight away? Where do they mount the magnet boxes then? Seriously, get a clue.

As someone else also pointed out, there's pages upon pages of speculation as to the two tunnels. Lee already explained this - and why is it not painfully obvious to everyone even withOUT his explanation? Just look at the contstruction pictures of the layout. I do, however, completely appreciate Lee's feedback in this tread, for what it's worth.

Wow, first I never declared I knew everthing about coasters, or that I was in the know. If you can point out any where, that I said that please point it out.
Of course you can't because I have never said nor lead anyone to believe that I did. All of my statements are based off of my observations.

Second LIMs only need a long straight away for the launch itself, doesn't need it for short propulsion. Example, on the Mummy LIMs are used to move the train out of the fake unload station, or out of the Scarb room, nether are long straight aways.

As far as LSM and push carts, I have never heard of it not using a push cart. I only base my knowledge off of what I know, if I am wrong at least I have you to put me in my place.

UC did research on the launch for Hulk, I have seen video of them testing the launch in what looked like a scrap yard. Obviouly when it comes to actually building it, you go get the people that can make it for you.

My point of my statement was not to show how much I know, but to explain how I came to the conclusion of just looking at the pictures that the attractions does not have a launch. I am sure that while it did not live up to you standards of perfection, it still stands true that EE does not have a launch. If it displeases you that I did not do a full research to know every little thing about each nut and bolt that goes into everything related about coasters, than I am sorry.

Just look at the contstruction pictures of the layout. I do, however, completely appreciate Lee's feedback in this tread, for what it's worth.

Not everyone is as knowledgeable in coasters as you. Obviouly people don't know, that is why someone asked the question and I was answering and was nice enough to give an explaination. And although I may not have been 100% correct at least I opened up a dialog where people can correct me and educate me and everybody else at the same time making everybody more knowledgble. But you don't have to be a complete D$*K about it. You could chime in nicely like everyone else and correct me.

btwnguy_22

Montu said:
Vekoma has not yet done a hydrolic launch system.

Superman: the Escape and Volcano: the Blast Coaster use LSM launches.
1. Actually he is more than half wrong. Vekoma has done a *Hydraulic* launch on their Motorbike or Boosterbike coasters...seen at Flamingo Land and Toverland. And yes Volcano:TBC uses LIM's and always has. With all the problems Intamin had with the LSM timing on Superman: TE they decided to switch to LIMs. If anyone wants an explanation on LSM timing, I can clarify.

2. LIMs need a length of track relative to the desired speed. If a small boost of speed is needed, then a short track can achieve that. The higher the desired speed, the longer the track must be.

3. LSMs don't necessarily need a push cart design like on RnRC. They can have train mounted magnets. The two Intamin LSM coasters (S:TE and Tower of Terror Australia) uses train mounted magnets. While the 3 Vekoma LSM coasters use a catchcar.

4. EE will not have a launch :)

BT

Yen_Sid1

Original Poster
Everest Update:

1. Ernie, the first to ride Everest.

2. Construction by day, testing at night.

3. They have been testing all kinds of lighting to make Everest really shine at night. The snow almost has an eerie glow to it.

ogryn

Hi Yen_Sid, do you know if Vekoma are still involved at this stage, or has it all been handed over to WDI? :)

CoffeeJedi

Yen_Sid1 said:
Everest Update:

1. Ernie, the first to ride Everest.

2. Construction by day, testing at night.

3. They have been testing all kinds of lighting to make Everest really shine at night. The snow almost has an eerie glow to it.
admit it Yen_Sid, you're a Disney plant carefully orchestrated by the company to show up here and tease with just enough info to keep us fans salivating.... aren't ya! aren't ya! admit it! admit it!!!! come on now YenSid... or should i say... Joe Rhode!!!! (dun dun duuuuun!)
:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom