Trip Report Everything Is Just So Peachy Keen! *COMPLETED*

It certainly was for us Georgia peaches this last week! For those who may be new here, let us introduce ourselves. We are Tuvalu and Em, a mother-daughter duo who love traveling together to Walt Disney World. We take multiple trips per year (this was our third for 2022) and for us, time spent at our resort is just as important to us as time spent in the parks. Slow-paced relaxation is vital to us!

I’m sure this laid-back vibe is what draws people to cruises: pools, bars, a variety of restaurants and activities from which to choose . I can’t do ships. But I can happily “land cruise” at WDW!

Hope you decide to follow along and learn about the surprises on our most recent voyage.

When: July 20-27, 2022
Where: Disney’s Yacht Club and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resorts

7E160415-7A3A-4F3E-864F-F9C0094A947D.jpeg

Nothing can stop us now!

MissingDisney

@Tuvalu is doing a good job of leaving us all waiting ....
The “good job” actually means she’s currently at WDW living her best life, presumably with her amazing daughter and/or soulmate, and is waaaaaaaay too busy to post for now. For that, I’ll shall wait patiently as I know her delay may also very well mean another upcoming fabulously entertaining trip report! 😊

LeighM

How exciting to see Bold Rock available for the Festival! Nellysford is really close to where I grew up and was actually the area where my many times great grandparents lived. There's a lot of hard cider places back home bc of all the apple orchards.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
The Backstory

So we all know about Rabbit.

19C1EB13-5044-4309-B869-3A2E52F93678.jpeg

But what about Duck?

85B009CA-40BC-447C-854C-EF4F0615881B.jpeg

Or Owl?

3414896E-EA7A-4E51-AEE5-C70B051C7ECF.jpeg

Or Frog?

66726120-FA6B-40F1-9AC5-DBBC0641BD37.jpeg

Who knew there were more statues?!! I didn’t. (Em said she did, but she is a smarty pants. 🤣)

The manager of Via Napoli also didn’t know about the statues until he was hired to work at the restaurant.

He said that in Naples, Italy it was common for owners of stately manors to have a statue of themselves outside their mansion. The statue represented the owner and their occupation — lawyer, doctor, orator, etc.

Since this is Disney, the restaurant owners (Patina group) thought they’d have a little fun and made them animals, dressed in human form. (Explains why you noticed Rabbit’s human hands, @erstwo. And perhaps why Frog suspiciously resembles Kermit!)

When I mentioned to the manager that my curiosity was peaked after several visits with Rabbit near my table, he let out a laugh and said, “Oh that rabbit is just plain creepy!”

Proud Dungeons And Dragons GIF by Hyper RPG

93boomer

Premium Member
The Backstory

So we all know about Rabbit.

View attachment 662590

But what about Duck?

View attachment 662585

Or Owl?

View attachment 662586

Or Frog?

View attachment 662587

Who knew there were more statues?!! I didn’t. (Em said she did, but she is a smarty pants. 🤣)

The manager of Via Napoli also didn’t know about the statues until he was hired to work at the restaurant.

He said that in Naples, Italy it was common for owners of stately manors to have a statue of themselves outside their mansion. The statue represented the owner and their occupation — lawyer, doctor, orator, etc.

Since this is Disney, the restaurant owners (Patina group) thought they’d have a little fun and made them animals, dressed in human form. (Explains why you noticed Rabbit’s human hands, @erstwo. And perhaps why Frog suspiciously resembles Kermit!)

When I mentioned to the manager that my curiosity was peaked after several visits with Rabbit near my table, he let out a laugh and said, “Oh that rabbit is just plain creepy!”

Proud Dungeons And Dragons GIF by Hyper RPG
There’s more?!

Well Done Bravo GIF by Friends

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom