Trip Report Everything Is Just So Peachy Keen! *COMPLETED*

It certainly was for us Georgia peaches this last week! For those who may be new here, let us introduce ourselves. We are Tuvalu and Em, a mother-daughter duo who love traveling together to Walt Disney World. We take multiple trips per year (this was our third for 2022) and for us, time spent at our resort is just as important to us as time spent in the parks. Slow-paced relaxation is vital to us!

I’m sure this laid-back vibe is what draws people to cruises: pools, bars, a variety of restaurants and activities from which to choose . I can’t do ships. But I can happily “land cruise” at WDW!

Hope you decide to follow along and learn about the surprises on our most recent voyage.

When: July 20-27, 2022
Where: Disney’s Yacht Club and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resorts

7E160415-7A3A-4F3E-864F-F9C0094A947D.jpeg

Nothing can stop us now!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We sat right next to the statue while a downpour occurred last July. We now have a research team on the statue’s significance!!
I see that @erstwo is on the case! ⤵️

I asked my Venetian friend if it had to do with an Italian folk tale or something (I find it unique that ‘Mr Bunny’ has human like hands?)
But she said she it didn’t ring a bell or look familiar and she couldn’t link it to any Italian folk or fairy tales she knows.
So that’s one idea down. Many more possibilities to go!
ETA - I think you should call him Harvey. 😊
Thank you!
Although I think I found a name I like more than Harvey. ⤵️

that statue sure looks like it could be "Uncle Wiggley". 🤣 🤣 🤣
Wow….what a great trip down memory lane! Uncle Wiggily was one of my favorite childhood games, and I loved the books as well.

You are right about the statue’s resemblance, though the only connection I could find between Uncle Wiggily and Italy is that the author found his inspiration for the rabbit while walking in the woods in Verona, New Jersey in the early 1900s (then published his stories in the Newark News for 52 years!)

And we all know how New Jerseyans feel about their pizza! ;) :joyfull:

fractal

Thank you!

Wow….what a great trip down memory lane! Uncle Wiggily was one of my favorite childhood games, and I loved the books as well.

You are right about the statue’s resemblance, though the only connection I could find between Uncle Wiggily and Italy is that the author found his inspiration for the rabbit while walking in the woods in Verona, New Jersey in the early 1900s (then published his stories in the Newark News for 52 years!)

I've done a fairly deep dive into the rabbit statue mystery and have come up with nothing! Which only increases my curiosity.

erstwo

Thank you!

Well - and the 'real' (fair) Verona IS in Italy......that's a thin thread......but it's Disney so, maybe?

Verona is pretty far from Napoli/ Campania though.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Your strawberry limoncello from Italy looked incredible and that statue sure looks like it could be "Uncle Wiggley". 🤣 🤣 🤣 You sure have had your fill of Chatty Cathy's on this trip so far!!! :oops:
OMG, my brother and I had the Uncle Wiggly board game and played it.all.the time!! I'd.completely forgotten until now.

There was also a lot of Chutes & Ladders, and a board game with plastic apples that went on cardboard trees and then into buckets or baskets. That was another big favorite. This would've been late 60s/early 70s.
I didn't even know there were books! I may have to hit up amazon.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
OMG, my brother and I had the Uncle Wiggly board game and played it.all.the time!! I'd.completely forgotten until now.

There was also a lot of Chutes & Ladders, and a board game with plastic apples that went on cardboard trees and then into buckets or baskets. That was another big favorite. This would've been late 60s/early 70s.

We had all three of those games too 😊

cgersic

We must be the same age because all of the games you mentioned were our favorites along with Aggravation and Sorry!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I've done a fairly deep dive into the rabbit statue mystery and have come up with nothing! Which only increases my curiosity.

I'm also curious and curiousier about this rabbit. Here he is in 2016 when C and I ate at Via Napoli while the rest of our group ate at Cape May.

View attachment 661478

Well - and the 'real' (fair) Verona IS in Italy......that's a thin thread......but it's Disney so, maybe?

Verona is pretty far from Napoli/ Campania though.
I hope to have the answer next week. 🤞🏻

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No

I had not thought of uncle wiggly in so long......we had that, and Hi Ho Cherry-0.....did you play don't spill the beans too? 😁 I recall my little sister sticking a bean waaaaay up her nose(they used real dried beans) and having to go to the doctors because my parents couldn't get it out!:oops::p

1660941637338.png
1660951815907.png

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I actually looked up Uncle Wiggily because I thought the same thing, but it looks like he was longer and thinner than this guy. I also looked up Peter cottontail.
Me too but now I am as curious.....wonder if it is a Italian story bunny from Napoli? LOL Who is going to ask next time they eat there!??!
@Tuvalu are you willing to accept this mission!?!?:p:happy:

cgersic

I had not thought of uncle wiggly in so long......we had that, and Hi Ho Cherry-0.....did you play don't spill the beans too? 😁 I recall my little sister sticking a bean waaaaay up her nose(they used real dried beans) and having to go to the doctors because my parents couldn't get it out!:oops::p

View attachment 661674 View attachment 661698
Oh my gosh, my sister did the same thing with the bean!!! I would imagine that game would be banned today.... ? Hahahaha thanks for the funny (maybe not so funny for her)memory!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom