Trip Report Everything Is Just So Peachy Keen! *COMPLETED*

It certainly was for us Georgia peaches this last week! For those who may be new here, let us introduce ourselves. We are Tuvalu and Em, a mother-daughter duo who love traveling together to Walt Disney World. We take multiple trips per year (this was our third for 2022) and for us, time spent at our resort is just as important to us as time spent in the parks. Slow-paced relaxation is vital to us!

I’m sure this laid-back vibe is what draws people to cruises: pools, bars, a variety of restaurants and activities from which to choose . I can’t do ships. But I can happily “land cruise” at WDW!

Hope you decide to follow along and learn about the surprises on our most recent voyage.

When: July 20-27, 2022
Where: Disney’s Yacht Club and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resorts

7E160415-7A3A-4F3E-864F-F9C0094A947D.jpeg

Nothing can stop us now!

slipperalwaysfits

He only works evenings so keep that in mind!
Yes, when we talked to him a couple years ago, he told us he only works in the evenings. But thank you for the reminder!!😍 It’s amazing how much some people love their job at WDW so much they stay 25+ years!
However Em also wanted another opportunity to ride Guardians, which meant the 7 am fast-finger challenge. She successfully scored Boarding Group 33, with an approximate callback time of 240 minutes

Will I ride?
How long are you going to make us wait?🙃

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, con’t

We tapped in at the Virtual Queue entrance and began our tour of the “Wonders of Xandar” gallery. This would be my 4th tour — and the first one where I felt nervous. I felt like a little kid and kept looking to Em for reassurance. I was still undecided and continued to weigh the pros and cons in my mind.

Stop freaking yourself out! If you have butterflies in your stomach before you even get to the preshow, that will not bode well for a positive ride experience!

I managed to convince myself not to bail out here.

0074BA8B-682D-40D5-B29B-A6725DD98899.jpeg

“I read that sitting in the middle car is less likely to cause motion sickness,” Em said, still sensing my struggle.

“Will you ask for the middle?” I pleaded.

“Of course.”

When we reached the first preshow theater I decided not to think about the coaster. Just enjoy the preshow like you’ve done before, I told myself. Mind over matter.

Naysayers claim this attraction has a weak storyline. I disagree. I think the preshows set the scene very well. And today, when the second show ended, I had a strong desire to see the story through to its conclusion.

I paid close attention to the load zones, something I had not done before.

A852A272-FA82-4E41-AE65-1306A5831756.jpeg

Em held true to her word. She asked the loading CM if we could sit in the middle. She asked us to move to the side and then instructed us to go to row 5.

I climbed into the vehicle more excited than worried.

You can do this! Mind over matter!

I was determined to keep my eyes open as long as possible. Motion simulators require me to shut my eyes in order to tolerate them. This was a coaster, not a motion simulator.

The backward launch was what concerned me most. If it made me sick, I’d be doomed for the duration of the ride. Em had told me the launch is over quickly and that she would warn me right before it happens.

“Gamora says the word back. As soon as she does the music starts and the launch begins.”

What happened the moment I heard the word back, I will never forget.

The familiar BAHM BAHM BAHM of Conga began to play! Em’s goal song! I was immediately ecstatic for her. At the same time I was caught up in the thrill of the backwards launch. Without even realizing what I was doing, my arms shot up over my head and I began upper body dancing to the catchy tune.

As the ride photo will attest, I was having the time of my life! (Not sure about the poser behind us.🤣)

5C948C18-643F-490B-ADE6-D3D6AD4F5463.jpeg

My eyes were open. I was taking everything in. This ride is fun!

Uh oh.

What’s happening in my stomach? Why am I getting queasy?

Mind over matter, Tu!

But matter was winning. The queasiness intensified. The ride was about 30 seconds too long for my tummy tolerance. I was very happy when we pulled into the exit tunnel.

I had no difficulty ascending or descending the double staircase. I didn’t need to sit down. No headache or dizziness. The waffles would not be making a second appearance.

But the queasy feeling would remain for the next 45 minutes.

I won’t rule out riding again in the future. But even if I never do, I will always have the wonderful memory of that fantastic (and very fun) Conga launch!

fractal

Friday, con’t

We tapped in at the Virtual Queue entrance and began our tour of the “Wonders of Xandar” gallery. This would be my 4th tour — and the first one where I felt nervous. I felt like a little kid and kept looking to Em for reassurance. I was still undecided and continued to weigh the pros and cons in my mind.

Stop freaking yourself out! If you have butterflies in your stomach before you even get to the preshow, that will not bode well for a positive ride experience!

I managed to convince myself not to bail out here.

View attachment 660466

“I read that sitting in the middle car is less likely to cause motion sickness,” Em said, still sensing my struggle.

“Will you ask for the middle?” I pleaded.

“Of course.”

When we reached the first preshow theater I decided not to think about the coaster. Just enjoy the preshow like you’ve done before, I told myself. Mind over matter.

Naysayers claim this attraction has a weak storyline. I disagree. I think the preshows set the scene very well. And today, when the second show ended, I had a strong desire to see the story through to its conclusion.

I paid close attention to the load zones, something I had not done before.

View attachment 660467

Em held true to her word. She asked the loading CM if we could sit in the middle. She asked us to move to the side and then instructed us to go to row 5.

I climbed into the vehicle more excited than worried.

I was determined to keep my eyes open as long as possible. Motion simulators require me to shut my eyes in order to tolerate them. This was a coaster, not a motion simulator.

The backward launch was what concerned me most. If it made me sick, I’d be doomed for the duration of the ride. Em had told me the launch is over quickly and that she would warn me right before it happens.

“Gamora says the word back. As soon as she does the music starts and the launch begins.”

What happened the moment I heard the word back, I will never forget.

The familiar BAHM BAHM BAHM of Conga began to play! Em’s goal song! I was immediately ecstatic for her. At the same time I was caught up in the thrill of the backwards launch. Without even realizing what I was doing, my arms shot up over my head and I began upper body dancing to the catchy tune.

As the ride photo will attest, I was having the time of my life! (Not sure about the poser behind us.🤣)

View attachment 660468

My eyes were open. I was taking everything in. This ride is fun!

Uh oh.

What’s happening in my stomach? Why am I getting queasy?

Mind over matter, Tu!

But matter was winning. The queasiness intensified. The ride was about 30 seconds too long for my tummy tolerance. I was very happy when we pulled into the exit tunnel.

I had no difficulty ascending or descending the double staircase. I didn’t need to sit down. No headache or dizziness. The waffles would not be making a second appearance.

But the queasy feeling would remain for the next 45 minutes.

I won’t rule out riding again in the future. But even if I never do, I will always have the wonderful memory of that fantastic (and very fun) Conga launch!

You did it! Of course I knew that but we, especially Toni were excited that you did. Conga is a great song too!

Songbird76

Jimmy Fallon Clap GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Parents in my generation would cry, "Don't meet internet strangers!"
Yes, I was one.
Then I found this forum and made friends.
Being able to finally meet some of them in person was such a joy!
Now that you live in FL, perhaps our paths will cross at WDW again. You don't need to wait for Fractal senior. ;) :joyfull:

Couldn't agree more!
I MARRIED someone I met on the internet. (You can get ANYTHING on the internet....even a husband) I was told by so many people that I was going to end up in a dumpster....here I am 25 years later still happily married and NOT in a dumpster. Today it might not be as safe now that everyone and their dog is on the internet, but back then, it wasn't as bad as long as you met in public places, etc. How boring life would be without internet friends!!

Songbird76

Our food arrived. Cheeseburger and fries for Em.

View attachment 659092

Grilled chicken sandwich (my way) for me.

View attachment 659093

We saved room for dessert. Em was prepared to order her mock (smaller) version of the No Way José since she could not attempt the regular size on her own. (And I don’t do peanut butter on ice cream.) When B arrived to take our order, he informed her that a key ingredient of the No Way José had been MIA for 3 weeks (supply chain problem) and there was (in his and Em’s opinion) a lesser substitute being used. Em thanked him for the heads up.

View attachment 659094

We also talked about the Kitchen Sink, as one was being ceremoniously presented as B brought us our sundaes. I told him about the most incredible Kitchen Sink experience we’d witnessed years ago. Two slim teenage girls had ordered….and finished….a Kitchen Sink.

But wait, there’s more.

Then they ordered milkshakes. And fries. And proceeded to nibble on the fries while drinking the shakes. (My intestinal system is quivering just writing about all that dairy!)

B smiled and then shared it is VERY COMMON for British guests to order Kitchen Sinks with milkshakes! (No food.)

So to my friends from across the pond ~ do you not have good ice cream/shakes over there?!!?
I don't know about the UK, but here, nope. Back in....2016? when we came over, we had a layover in Chicago on our way to Denver. While we were waiting for our flight, we went to McDonalds for lunch and ordered milkshakes and were SHOCKED because they were SOOOOO much better than what we get here. Thicker with more flavoring and they were served with whipped cream and a cherry on top. Ours are the thin, soupy ones, and they do not come with the extras, though to be honest, I'm not a fan of whipped cream unless it is in my hot chocolate, or on pumpkin pie. Most places here don't do shakes, and those that do are not high quality.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't know about the UK, but here, nope. Back in....2016? when we came over, we had a layover in Chicago on our way to Denver. While we were waiting for our flight, we went to McDonalds for lunch and ordered milkshakes and were SHOCKED because they were SOOOOO much better than what we get here. Thicker with more flavoring and they were served with whipped cream and a cherry on top. Ours are the thin, soupy ones, and they do not come with the extras, though to be honest, I'm not a fan of whipped cream unless it is in my hot chocolate, or on pumpkin pie. Most places here don't do shakes, and those that do are not high quality.
Thank you for sharing your experiences! :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom