Every time you take a trip to Disney, do you...

MissDiznee66

Original Poster
Go to a new restaurants? Try all different restaurants? Or mix them up, some old and some new? And what are your must do's?

RussJT

Some old, some new.

Our one tradition that we MUST follow is that we always start our first full day of the trip with an 8:05 breakfast at Crystal Palace.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I always eat at Le Cellier, but vary others.

I have recently taken to having breakfast at Kona [Tonga Toast :slurp:] a lot... :lookaroun

Sunny04

We always mix it up, some new and some of our favorites. We don't really have any "must-dos" for every trip...we just have a lot that we really like and we mix them in with the new places when we can.

PineapplePrincess

We mix it up too. We must do Chef Mickey for dinner our first day, and we must do Crystal Palace for Easter breakfast. This year, we are trying a few new ones: Boma, Ohana, and Le Cellier. I can't wait!

We try new things each time we visit but we do have our favorites. There are some things that we just can't make a trip without. For DH, it's the Dole Whips. For me, it's the funnel cake. :slurp:

mousebymarriage

We usually try at least 1 new restaurant each time, this time we have 2 new ones (Whispering Canyon,and Hollywood & Vine) We have eaten at O'Hanas for breakfast before but we are going for dinner for DH birthday, so technically it's not a new one for us. In April we tried Donalds breakfastosaurus in Animal Kingdom. We always have 1 meal at Chef Mickey's, it's a tradition for us. The following is a list of the ADR's for our trip in January.

Cape May Cafe = dinner
O'Hanas = dinner
Hollywood & Vine = dinner
Whispering Canyon = dinner
Chef Mickey's = dinner
Libert Tree Tavern = dinner
Crystal Palace = dinner

HRT+3

Last trip we didn't eat at any of the restaurants, we just ate at the camper...but this time we are, b/c we're going without the old people.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
It usually depends on who is along as we usually give each family member a choice for one night. DD usually goes for Chefs de France, DS#2 is usually for Rose and Crown. Often other choices vary as to where we haven't been for a visit or two.

GoofyMom2

We always like to try some new places but also like to go to some of our favorites.

If it's just DH and I, we have to go to LeCellier. We tried Coral Reef for the first time in Sept....loved it!

If it's the entire family, Breakfast at Crystal Palace and dinner at Liberty Tree. We will try 2 new places in April, Brown Derby and 1900 Park fare.

sbkline

On our 2003 off property trip, we only ate at one table service restaraunt out of the 4 days we went to WDW parks.

In 2004 on another off property trip, we only ate at 3 TS places, and in 2005 we only went to Epcot and ate at one TS restaraunt.

In 2007, we stayed on property and made sure to eat all our TS meals at restaraunts we hadn't eaten at yet.

So, thus far, Mama Melrose is the only TS restaraunt we have eaten at more than once (2003 and 2004), and it is also the only restaraunt on our 2008 lineup that we have already eaten at. Not because it's a "must", but out of the TS places at DHS, that's just the one that my wife wanted to eat at next time.

As far as counter service goes, I would probably consider Pecos Bills a must.

bigdonpaul

We always go to Pinocchio's Haus, 50's Primetime and a couple other spots. Now we plan to do Cinderella's Castle every time and do the AK character breakfast and Crystal Palace character dinner. Even though the youngest member of our party is 20, we still love the character ones.

Scooter

We have our favorites...

...but mostly we just walk around until we get hungry and one of us says "I'm hungry...Let's eat here."

Having said that, it seems we all seem to get hungry at the same time when we walk past the fish and chips place in The United Kingdom.:slurp:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
We bought the DDE specifically to work our way through all of the restaurants, so for us it's all about trying new places. That said though, we do tend to fall back on favorites when the timing puts us going too far out of the way for something new.

doop

We have certain restaurants that we prefer, but my family and I are usually fairly willing to try something new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom