Ever gone with a Disney Virgin??

Ilovewishes

When we went a couple of years ago, we had 3 Disney virgins and one who had been when he was little and so couldn't remember it. They were my dad, my partner, my sister's partner and our brother. All grown men, all determined to believe that Disney was cheesy and that they would hate it. And two who don't like rides.

Needless to say, I was dreading it!

The World worked it's magic on the first day and now we are all booked to go back again next year and my dad and brother can't wait! My brother even discovered a new liking for rides there!

And as for my partner and my sister's partner - My partner booked for us to go back 3 months later and we have been a further 3 times since then (in two years from the UK, that's alot for someone who thought it would be cheesy!) and my sister and her partner went last year and are planning to go again this year.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. WDW has something to keep everyone entertained, even if they don't like rides, or don't like the characters.

We had a fab time and came back with four Disney converts!

colleen2997

I was able to convert my Disney Virgin fiancé into a Disney Nut like me.
He, who was my fiancé at the time, was a total Disney Virgin, had no idea what The World was all about. He agreed to go with me for my annual pilgrimage in 2006. To prep him I started showing him my Disney Vacation Planning DVD (the Greatest Celebration on Earth one). Watching the DVD changed his views so he became very excited. While down there he had a blast. (He now does a dead on impression of the Dad from COP) . He agreed that we must go every year and even insisted on going there for our honeymoon. It is wonderful to have a partner in life who shares the same enthusiasm for the Happiest Place on Earth.

wdwmomof3

We took my middle daughters friend, who was 9, with us and she had never been before. It was fun seeing her face. We got the "My First Visit" pin for her . She still talks about it and how much she loved it. :) I am trying to talk her family into going with us in Oct of 09. It would be a blast.

brucie

Original Poster
By the way the couple we went with that I mentioned in the beginning of the thread had a great time, we were worried about them in the beginning but they often talk about how much they loved it, and now they say they would love to go back!!

foreverbelle

yep. i took my husband on our honeymoon. he actually dreaded the whole going to disneyworld for the honeymoon. and really wasn't looking forward to it all...he had a totally misconception of what wdw was. but as soon as got there, he was like a little kid and little by little i saw his face change to total amazement......by the time we were packing to head back home he was asking when we were coming back. and a year later we were looking into the dvc...:ROFLOL:

disneyorbust09

I'm a Disney Virgin. My parents were never really theme park people, so we never went. My girlfriend says I had a deprived childhood :lol: So now I'm going down in July with my girlfriend and 2 of my friends, all 3 of whom have been there before several times.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I had a friend of mine that was going for the first time. We where going for 6 days and 5 nights. He was reluctant to go, but said he would make the trip, but was planning on going into Orlando for 2 or 3 days to do some “adult stuff.” To say the least, he had a great time and never left the World the whole stay. During the second day there he was already asking when the next trip was and will be going with us for the December 2009 vacation.

disneygirl1

I have taken several people to Disney who have never been there before! I love the joy that was in their eyes when they experienced Disney for the first time! Most have been back with me on several other trips since. This Sept. a friend of mine is traveling with us, ans she hasn't been there in over 10 years! I am so excited to her reaction to WDW, since so much has changed since she has been there!

Rogue21

Virgins & First Timers

I agree with Lucky that it is more fun with virgins, but that's not for this forum. :rolleyes:

In 2008 I was blessed to go to WDW twice, both visits with first-timers. First with my 11 year old niece in August. We managed to get there just in time for Tropical Storm Fay, but she was a real trooper -- "It's only water!" -- and we managed to see the things she had on her to-do list.

The second trip was with my parents in December. Both are in their 70's and were celebrating their 52 years together. What better place to celebrate? Well, they fell in love with the place and cannot wait to go back. Especially my Mom, she loved the Castle Dreamlights and even had a tear in her eye after Illuminations. My Dad is more subtle, but he talks about the trip to friends and family quite frequently -- mostly raving about Soarin'. As for me, I am only too happy to take them back.

dumbosgirl13

Speaking of Disney Virgins... i have been on both sides of the spectrum!

Growing up i used to go to the parks all the time since my uncle was a cast memeber. We probably went a good 5 or 6 times before i was 6.
In 2005 i had the amazing opportunity to go with my boyfriend and his family (avid disney fans) for my first visit back in about 9 or 10 years. To me, i was a disney virgin- i had very few memories from my trips as a child and going back in 05 was as magical as it ever could have been!!
I have been lucky to go back with them for another 3 trips and another trip with my family.

This past trip in may- i again went with my boyfriend and his family but this time we brought along his sister and her family including a 10 year old 8year old and 5 year old. I dont know who had a better time- me or the kids! i really think that you get to relive the magic when you see it through the eyes of children who are meeting mickey mouse for the first time!!!

cant wait to go backk!! :sohappy:

LiveyMouse22

One year I went with a family who weren't Disney Virgins persay but were not as experienced in the Disney-going as my family is. Of course both of our families wanted to do our own things but we did meet up often. One day we were heading to the Magic Kingdom and they started saying how they weren't going to do that because MK seemed too child-like and boring. YES, THEY WENT THERE! :fork: We simply said that was fine and they could go off and do their own thing but we were going to rock it out and have fun in MK.:ROFLOL:I think it is important to make sure that each family can go off and do what they want when they want because it is their vacation too. So when they didn't want to go to MK we just went off and then met up later for dinner. I was appalled at their opinion of MK but got over it because I knew I would have an awesome time there and they would miss out.:lol::sohappy:

lilclerk

I took my boyfriend and our best friend in 2007 for their first trip and I am happy to say they both fell in love. Due to work schedule conflicts, we haven't all been back together since then, but my boyfriend and I went in 2008 and my friend and I are going back later this year.

This past February, I took my 12 year old nephew who had a much better time hanging out at the Pop Century pool/watching movies in the room than he did at any of the parks. Except the Mission:Space post show game where he captained team Orion and won (his first name is Orion.)
:shrug: To each their own.

As you can see though, I'm still the connection to the parks for everyone :lol:

Since1976

How's this for irony? In a more recent thread, I posted about my worries of a childless Disney virgin experiencing WDW for the first time with a bunch of veterans and their kids.

Someone bumped *this* old thread to the top, and right there on the first page there's a post from myself, TWO YEARS ago, advising another person not to sweat it!

I was posting from a point of objectivity two years ago, not from a lot of experience, but now I see the original poster's point-of-view...

But I'm going to take my younger self's advice and I'm not going to sweat it this year.

brucie

Original Poster
How's this for irony? In a more recent thread, I posted about my worries of a childless Disney virgin experiencing WDW for the first time with a bunch of veterans and their kids.

Someone bumped *this* old thread to the top, and right there on the first page there's a post from myself, TWO YEARS ago, advising another person not to sweat it!

I was posting from a point of objectivity two years ago, not from a lot of experience, but now I see the original poster's point-of-view...

But I'm going to take my younger self's advice and I'm not going to sweat it this year.

See Sometime it's worth it to bring back old threads!!! Have fun this year on your trip:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

glingo

My friend and I are taking our daughters in August. My family goes yearly, but she and her daughter have never been before.

This thread is perfect because just the other night I was telling my friend that I hope she loves it as much as I do.

Lucky

first timers

I love seeing their eyes light up at the impressive sights, and the silly grin on their faces, and hearing their screams of delight when the long wait is finally over and they are doing a great ride for the first time.

But then they always want to cuddle afterwards, and I just want to move on to the next attraction.

brucie

Original Poster
i love seeing their eyes light up at the impressive sights, and the silly grin on their faces, and hearing their screams of delight when the long wait is finally over and they are doing a great ride for the first time.

But then they always want to cuddle afterwards, and i just want to move on to the next attraction.

lol:roflol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom