Ever gone with a Disney Virgin??

TroyMcClure

My girlfriend is a...Disney virgin, but the senior class trip last year at my school was to Disney, and I'm hoping it is again this year so we can go. I think she'd love it!

disneytopdog

Great thread!!! I am bringing a "first timer" in mid September. I want her to "GET IT" but I dont what to be a overbearing, pain in the butt. I may need the roll of duct tape on my mouth!

bgraham34

Great thread!!! I am bringing a "first timer" in mid September. I want her to "GET IT" but I dont what to be a overbearing, pain in the butt. I may need the roll of duct tape on my mouth!

Get the first time Disney Pin.

At Chef Mickeys I told our waitress it was my friends first trip and later on during the party she brought out a cup cake and we celebrated Freds first trip to the world.

MacDuffieMuppet

my experiance with a disney virgin was ehhh. I mean it was my best friend who knew about my disney obsession. I think i kinda went over board. We drove 24 hours to get there with my family stepped right out of the car and headed to epcot til midnight. went back to hotel then got up around 9 the next moring and were out til midnight at least everynight we were there. She enjoyed it and wants to take her new little sister there when she gets older. But shes not an avid fan like i am. She gets more excited with six flags. She works at SF and was like ehh about disney:veryconfu . But i changed her a little bit. But overall she had a good time, but doesnt completely get my addiction.

Disneyfanman

Quite a few times I have been the unofficial tour guide with newbies. Each time there is someone who ends up "getting it". One time it was the wife of a good friend. I never saw anyone change like that (from an adult to a complete kid). We have chuckled about it ever since. My parents visited WDW with us in '75 when I was a wee one, but went back a couple of years ago with us as adults. They expected the castle. They got a lot more and have been buzzing about it since. My brother went with us again last year after 21 years away. He keeps calling me about going back and recreating the best trip of his life. His wife doesn't "get it", but I think with a couple of more trips she may. WDW is amazing. My advice is to skip the commando raid and go slow and easy. Let people absorb and enjoy. Adults like the atmosphere as much as the attractions. Plan nice meals and you may not even see half the park. You can always go back.

DisneyGigi

My DH and I were adults the first time that we went when we took our DS. I was already a Disney nut and had always wanted to go. DH liked Disney but wasn't as crazy about it as me, I have since rubbed of on him though and he is as bad as me (almost) and the kids have the bug too.
I did go to DL for the day with people who were not into Disney very much but we were in CA for other things and I talked them into going. I am glad that I got to see DL but would have rather been with people who were a bit more happy to be there. :cool:

Disney MDACK

Yes my wife and first born in 2003. My wife did not want to go down at all. I had to convince her up until the night before we left. Now she is hooked and have been going every year since. We decided to go in 08 just for a long (long wink wink) weekend. We can't get enough.:D

kstella

My aunt joined us for our trip last December. Not only did she love it, she's joining us again this November. She was in awe and cried at everything, especially the parades and let's not get started on the shows! I ran out of tissue on the first day and made sure I carried extra after that. I don't know who's more excited for November to come, her or me.:)

disneytopdog

I think the process of self-discovery is very important to one's enjoyment of the parks, so you should give your friend a wide berth. If you set up each experience as "Oh, oh you're gonna *love* this!" you are bound to be faced with a disappointed or underwhelmed friend, and, in turn, find yourself disappointed that s/he didn't share your enthusiasm.

It's tough to be tight-lipped, but I recommend you make an effort to limit your guiding excitement to "Hey, let's try this attraction." And if the reaction isn't what you hoped for, you'll be closer to understanding what your friend *is* into. Don't sweat it. It's Disney's job to entertain, not yours!

This is the best advice.....ARE YOU A DISNEY PSYCHIATRIST!!!!!

DISMOM

I had planned and planned our first trip in 2004...and worried that our Disney trip would not live up to the hype, the planning dvd, and our expectations. I kept wondering, 'what if we spent this much money and we are disappointed?' Well, nothing could have been further from the truth. We loved every minute of it and started talking about our next Disney vacation as we were driving home through the mountains of Tennessee. We have been back in 2006 [WL] and hope to return in 2008 [POR]. Nothing is better than standing on Main Street watching Wishes with my DH and children. Nothing! No, you can't predict who will 'get that Disney feeling', but just hope that they are able to catch a tiny spark of it.

EpcotGrl

My first trip was at 18, and I had a great time--it probably helped our poor, overworked Girl Scout leader that she could let us all split up and go where we wanted, too. But I remember feeling just AWED every time I walked in to a park...I still get that feeling! :sohappy:

I also took my *mumbles age so she doesn't get mad* grandmother a couple years ago--her first trip--and she LOVED IT. Since then, I've decided it's actually more fun with an "of age" Disney Virgin along for the ride! I'm taking a friend this time for her first trip, and trying to make sure we get it all in! :)

Neilo

My gf took me 3 years ago just after we met and i was 21 and really not the type of guy to enjoy disney,i was the type to go to the pub most days and drink.i wasnt lookin forward to my first flight and was jut really uptight.but dont get me wrong i was grateful that sum1 i didnt really know that well was willing to risk everything and pay for me to go on holiday.
anyway as soon as we arrived everything changed and i mean everything the magic disney holds took over me and i knew i was a different person straight away.i woke every morning wanting to go back to the magic kingdom i even knew the song from splash mountain within 2 days.
as we left on the last day i cried it felt like sumthing was being taken away from me.
and ever since iv lived my life for disney unfortunatlly we havnt been able to go back since but next week we are finally going back after 3 long years.
i have already booked for next year and im takin my mam and brother and my gf's sister and kids,they're all newbies and alo have the worry of them not liking it but in my opinion if it can change someone like me it can change anyone.
i hope you have a fabulous time:sohappy:

carolina_yankee

I've been with a newbie trice. First was with my partner in 2003. His parents had been, but he had never gone. I figured this was my one and only chance to get him there. We were there for 8 days, the first day was simply for checking-in and exploring teh monorail resorts. Twenty minues after we were there, he asked "When can we come back." I knew I picked the right person . . . :)

Second time was last November. We went with another couple, one of whom had gotten me back into Disney and her friend who had never been. We were highly focused on parks on attractions, but she was more interested in shopping and relaxation. It took a few days to get the rhythm right, since she only wanted to spend a couple of hours a day in the parks. Once we realized we didn't have to do things together, she fell in love with the place and wants to buy into DVC, but she'll never be a huge parks person. Just proof that Disney has something for everyone.

Dirk

Since1976

This is the best advice.....ARE YOU A DISNEY PSYCHIATRIST!!!!!

Nope, I've just experienced the disappointment of a loved one (my wife)not "getting the magic" the way I thought she would. Believe me, it's a great affront to be faced with the possibility that this place that you hold near and dear to your heart just doesn't produce the same feelings of joy in someone you care about. Worse still, it may even have you questioning your own taste!

Thankfully, my wife came around to the magic on her own by her second day at WDW. Since her first trip, she has been the one who has suggested our next two trips to the parks.

dannytaylor

In 2004 my family went to disney at thanksgiving as newbie's,now my wife had been when she was about 10 so that was over 20 yrs ago so we thought of her as a "virgin"also since it had been so long ago.well, ever since i went that year i have been a "disney fanatic"-now i am still trying to warm my wife up to disney but it is a hard sell.My kids love the world as much as i do,the music -shows on dvd and t.v....anything disney i love it.We have been back every year since then and will continue to till i retire and then try and become a "cast" member.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
No Disney Virgins for me. I like Disney sluts personally :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom