EpcotServo's May 31st STUDIOS Update: Open Mania!

EpcotServo

Original Poster
Hey there! Got some pictures from yesterday, so without further stalling, here they are! first the newsabits...

STUDIOS

-Midway Mania is OPEN! All sneek preview signs are down, and Fastpass is running. If you want to ride this ride, do so in the first hour or so! Anytime else you may be in for a wait. even if you have Fastpasses! If the Fastpass line is out the door, or full of people at all, leave Standby ASAP. If you don't, you're in for a LOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG wait due to how long it'll take Fastpass to get through.

I love this ride, but PLEASE remove Fastpass and keep Single Riders. (which works well, but if the Fastpass line is, again, out the door, fugedaboutit. They won't let you in.)

-Got my personal best score yesterday...189,700!

-Hunchback theatre progress is pretty good.

-no Idol progress.

-Epic was running Fastpass. not usual.

-Crowds were medium to light.

OK, that's all....

(Remember, as usual, Midway Mania pictures inside if you're still skipping spoilers.)

Enjoy!

:wave:

http://picasaweb.google.com/EpcotSe...DIOSUpdateOpenMania/photo#5207024887882042674

disneytopdog

I gotta say you are whipping me into a frenzy with each update!!!!!! I have 97 more days till I will be there. I hope to run into you in September. I want my picture to make "A Epcotservo Update"

EPCOT.nut

Thanks for the Update! Would love to see a TSM single rider line considering the next time I go I'll be SOLO....:(....but maybe not, ya never know. I really like the theming for the ride.

wickedfan07

Great update! I know Fastpass slows every attraction down, but why is it so bad on Midway Mania? Are the bugs still being worked out of the loading process? If the problems keep up, do you think they'll drop the FP and just go to Standby and Single Riders?

Thanks for another great update! I thought the walls opposite TSMM would have come down by opening day... oh well guess we'll hear about the walls coming down soon enough. I would love to see some night shots of Pixar Place, I wonder how they have everything lit with all the detail and everything! I'm so excited for this area of the park, thanks again for all the great photos EpcotServo!

Figment1986

no photo of the lift off from the shuttle?

oh, and your date is wrong in the camera... google says the photos were taken in september of 07...

Great shots nonethe less, I know i had fun yesterday... even when somoene lost his ear and dropped it.

NewfieFan

Wow, I would never be able to wait that long with two small kids in tow. I guess this is what happens when a new ride debuts... long lines!!!

Thanks for another great update!:wave:

the-reason14

This is the one ride I really think they should do away with the fp. I havent been on it yet, but from what Ive heard fp misses Potatoe head and it clogs the regular line down and screws the single rider line up. So I think they should get rid of it, DCAs isnt going to have one, so I think mgm should follow DCAs example.

mandib

Nice to hear about the crowds being fairly light/moderate as we leave on Friday. Thanks for the pictures...I'm so excited about TSM.

basas

This is the one ride I really think they should do away with the fp. I havent been on it yet, but from what Ive heard fp misses Potatoe head and it clogs the regular line down and screws the single rider line up. So I think they should get rid of it, DCAs isnt going to have one, so I think mgm should follow DCAs example.

I agree. Hopefully they will see that the line on this ride would move much more efficiently without FP. I don't think most people mind waiting in a line for 20-45 minutes provided it is entertaining, well-themed, air-conditioned and fast-moving. When a line stops for 15 minutes, moves 5 feet, then stops for another 15 minutes (etc), however, people get annoyed and angry.

I remember when Space Mountain re-opened at Disneyland in July 2005. Before it "officially opened", FP was closed and the line moved quickly and was usually below 60 minutes (often in the 30-45 range, especially earlier or later in the day). When it officially opened, FP was started up, wait times multiplied to 120 minutes, and the line was unbearably slow out in the hot sun.

Thanks for the update!

krankenstein

TSM ran so smooth during previews, I actually saw them clear the queue once when I was there! Fastpass is not needed on this attraction at all.

Thanks for the update Servo! It is greatly appreciated as always!

basas

TSM ran so smooth during previews, I actually saw them clear the queue once when I was there! Fastpass is not needed on this attraction at all.

Thanks for the update Servo! It is greatly appreciated as always!

Unfortunately, this is the case for many FP-rides. Does anyone remember when Buzz Lightyear had no FP? You couldn't stop to tie your shoe in the line because it moved so fast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom