News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Cmdr_Crimson

The only problem was when they added the crap about The place where dreams come true in 2006 through the end of it's run.
The earlier versions Jim Sounded invested in the narration

The 2006 version he sounds like.."Meh Whatever they butchered this up enough. But, I'll give it a go.."

Also, don't get me started on that Celebrate You song they played as well after The Promise in 2008...

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Photos from today - the pilings are all over the place now - looking quite a wide show - which is a good thing IMO.

HarmonioUS_Full_52325.jpg

HarmonioUS_Full_52329.jpg

DCBaker

Premium Member
I haven't really kept up on this thread, so apologies if this was answered already but do we know what these pilings are for?

From @wdwmagic

"Additional pilings have been added, radiating out from the central dock. The pilings will allow a large number of barges to be docked in the lagoon to provide launch points for fireworks and lighting."

Disney Glimpses

From @wdwmagic

"Additional pilings have been added, radiating out from the central dock. The pilings will allow a large number of barges to be docked in the lagoon to provide launch points for fireworks and lighting."

Guess I should've read the article! Sorry, thanks!

Cmdr_Crimson

From @wdwmagic

Hopefully they can be themed to within the section of WS it's located in...

TTA94

stuart

Not to bring the fountains up again but having scattered barges around WS lagoon with fountains on them would have given nice WoC feel. It’s a shame.

Looking at the concept art, it does look like the multiple black barges, shown previously in this thread from bioreconstruct's pics, tie in with the black barges with the lights. They appear to have water coming from them as well, so maybe we'll get a similar ish effect?
20230725_233658.jpg

Last edited:

TTA94

Looking at the concept art, it does look like the multiple black barges, shown previously in this thread from bioreconstruct's pics, tie in with the black barges with the lights. They appear to have water coming from them as well, so maybe we'll get a similar ish effect?

That’s what I thought to, but it could have been one of the cuts unfortunately.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
It was true. If the show was good it wouldn’t have been removed.

I think he meant false in relation to your comment that only die hard fans cared about the hardware, which is false. They got constant complaints about the hardware in the lagoon as evidenced by numerous insiders on the board.

In addition to that the show wasn’t keeping people in the park at night based on the third party restaurant operator complaints. Both of those together spelled doom.

TheMaxRebo

I think he meant false in relation to your comment that only die hard fans cared about the hardware, which is false. They got constant complaints about the hardware in the lagoon as evidenced by numerous insiders on the board.

In addition to that the show wasn’t keeping people in the park at night based on the third party restaurant operator complaints. Both of those together spelled doom.

And the angles to best see the show didn't line up with where the restaurants that had views were. Same for the dessert party/private party viewing areas and also where the firework cruise boats docked ... So even for the people that did stay for the show, no motivation to spend extra money to watch it

Disney Glimpses

It was true. If the show was good it wouldn’t have been removed.
The two ideas are not mutually exclusive. Yes, if the show was overwhelmingly amazing, they probably would not have removed it. But the primary complaint was absolutely the abhorrent sight lines. If those barges were brought in temporarily each night, we'd still have Harmonious today.

Bocabear

Looking at the concept art, it does look like the multiple black barges, shown previously in this thread from bioreconstruct's pics, tie in with the black barges with the lights. They appear to have water coming from them as well, so maybe we'll get a similar ish effect?View attachment 733039
THis concept art is so vague though...How can anyone make any predictions based on this...other than it will have fountains and fireworks...and lasers....maybe.... and it will be in the water......other than that...lol, Who knows....

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I believe the fountains were cut from this show, it's pretty much just lots of pyro and lights in a circular configuration around the middle.
That’s a shame, fountains were always a big part of Epcot. Their show elements were always something to look forward to. Maybe when they seat no significant water affects they mean nothing more impressive than Illuminations but only one can hope. Still don’t get what all this development in the center is.

vikescaper

Based on the concept art, they will need to tear down America Gardens Theater to get that view.
I like that idea but let’s take it one step further! Move all of the shows that would be held at America Gardens Theater to CommuniCore Plaza. Tear down America Gardens Theater and replace it with a new full service restaurant with views of WSL. They could even theme the restaurant to a Disney character. Maybe Tiana!

jrhwdw

I like that idea but let’s take it one step further! Move all of the shows that would be held at America Gardens Theater to CommuniCore Plaza. Tear down America Gardens Theater and replace it with a new full service restaurant with views of WSL. They could even theme the restaurant to a Disney character. Maybe Tiana!
Would Candlelight fit in World Celebration, size wise?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom