News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

HMF

Absolutely. Illuminations 3: ROE was a great show. But times have changed and they need the parks to sell the movies more than they need the movies to sell the parks.
How have times changed? How is the story of earth and the concept of celebrating humanity and it's achievements and hope for a better future become out of date? If it has, This is a pretty sad time we are living in.

Vinnie Mac

There's a lot of panicking and meltdowns over a show with very little info, rightfully so given Disney's track record lately. But, take it from me, it's just not worth stressing and risking a heart attack over a fireworks show (or anything really).

Okay, now I sound like my husband when he sees me getting worked up over something outside my control 😂
Personally I've come to accept that whatever happens happens. If the show ends up being a bust then oh well, it happens. If the show ends up being really good then that's perfect. Already though it seems to address 3 of the main issues people had with Harmonious (sightlines, 360 view, lack of original composition).

Just based off of the descriptions alone it sounds like something interesting and intriguing.

TheMaxRebo

How have times changed? How is the story of earth and the concept of celebrating humanity and it's achievements and hope for a better future become out of date? If it has, This is a pretty sad time we are living in.

Not the storyline, the style of the show

... I know I heard a lot of comments towards the end of the shows life and especially after it was announced it was leaving from people that said it was boring and never stayed for it, etc

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Personally I've come to accept that whatever happens happens.
Right. There's no use contorting ourselves out of shape over something beyond our control. I'm sure the new show will be a nice change (better than what's there now, that's for sure) and if it's not, well I will just continue not spending any evenings at Epcot.

TheMaxRebo

Probably the same people who think EPCOT as a whole is boring.

Maybe - but if so isn't it up to Disney to evolve and look to entertain a higher percentage of guests?

Or just stick to what was built 40 years ago and thumb their nose at people who don't like it?

wdwfan22

The show needs to be grand to keep people in the park and in the restaurants till closing time. Another Version of happily ever after isn’t going to cut it. The show needs to be different from what’s over at Magic Kingdom or it’s not going to work. Harmonious couldn’t do it, Epcot forever isn’t much better either. I have a feeling they are going to fail again and be right back where they started.

UNCgolf

I'm a big fan of Epcot but the truth is that Epcot in 2023 is absolutely boring.

I wouldn't call it boring -- it still has things worth doing like Spaceship Earth, the World Showcase, etc. -- but it's like 15% of the park it was in the early 1990s. Almost everything is worse now than it was then, and none of the new construction is going to change that.

It will be better than it was immediately before the work started, though, so there's at least some improvement.

Last edited:

wdwfan22

People keep saying the hardware in the lagoon was the main reason Harmonious was hated. Only the die-hard Epcot fans cared about the hardware. Other Disney Guests could care less. The main fact was the show sucked. It wasn't keeping Guests in the restaurants till 9 either. You couldn't see it from half the viewing locations, it was just a clip show with limited fireworks. It was a see one time and never have to see it again kind of show.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I just hope will have a good preshow loop as great as the Illuminations versions...I miss hearing Busindre Reel when it echoed through World Showcase as the evening got dark and the torches turned on....

For those interested, I made a Spotify playlist of both pre-show loops. Some songs are missing simply because they aren't available in the USA on Spotify, at least. I found them in other places and they're forever at home on my laptop, haha. I know you can find them on Apple Music or YouTube, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom