News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Brian

Luminous had some major technical issues the other night. Besides the planned B-mode for the lagoon perimeters, only 2 of the 6 big barges were working. Majority of the pyro was missing/cut either due to tech issues during the show

A lot of the big shells shoot off from the 6 big barges, so if some of them are offline, it's easy to notice the gaps in the various pyro sequences.

The center barge was also only partially working too, which made for a weird effect as seen here:

Hard to track down when this happened, but my best guess is this past Sunday night (7/21).

Shameful. The show should not have gone on in that condition.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Luminous had some major technical issues the other night. Besides the planned B-mode for the lagoon perimeters, only 2 of the 6 big barges were working. Majority of the pyro was missing/cut either due to tech issues during the show

A lot of the big shells shoot off from the 6 big barges, so if some of them are offline, it's easy to notice the gaps in the various pyro sequences.

The center barge was also only partially working too, which made for a weird effect as seen here:

Hard to track down when this happened, but my best guess is this past Sunday night (7/21).

That's unfortunate, hopefully it was just a one off and doesn't become common.

Vinnie Mac

Given how impressive and new that effect in the center barge is im shocked at how long it took to not function for a show. Maintenance crews must work really hard

gerarar

Premium Member
Given how impressive and new that effect in the center barge is im shocked at how long it took to not function for a show. Maintenance crews must work really hard
There was a complete failure of the center barge a couple months ago. First time and only recorded one I have seen thus far.

But it is rare. The tech crews absolutely deserve everything for how they work hard everyday to put on the show come nighttime.
The center barge lift failed to rise tonight during the finale. Due to this, the blossom of comets couldn't shoot off.

This is the first time this has ever happened (that I've seen), aside from the couple of B-mode shows the last few months.
Timestamped livestream:

osian

Someone is doing a premiere of a video edit of the show in a min if anyone is interested. He films a lot of the nighttime shows really well.

Wonderful, thank you for posting that.

Still stunned as to how clever Beating of our Hearts is. So many tricks, completly synchronised to the music and the lyrics, the pyro etc are a visual interpretation of the song. Love the syncopation in the two choruses where it goes "feel it in the <pause> beat <bang-bang>".

Epcot82Guy

Wonderful, thank you for posting that.

Still stunned as to how clever Beating of our Hearts is. So many tricks, completly synchronised to the music and the lyrics, the pyro etc are a visual interpretation of the song. Love the syncopation in the two choruses where it goes "feel it in the <pause> beat <bang-bang>".

The little details in this show are really great. Not quite I:ROE symbolism, but absolutely cut from a similar cloth. Watching the color swaps and combos in You'll be in my Heart. The fountain motion and shapes in many scenes. The luminary fountains in Remember Me. There's a lot to really like here if you pay attention to it.

TheMaxRebo

Just finished watching the Epcot transformation documentary. Loveee the representation this show gets in it. You can tell so much love and effort was put into it. I really hope it stick around for awhile

As someone who didn't care for Luminous it brought down that whole special to me 😂

Chef idea Mickey`=

This may of been a recent filming but I notice like some color changes like from beginning I see blues and reds wheras to me all older vids was more like the same purple palette colors like used in Heartbeat Symphony which I prefer now.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Update: It was an AMAZING view. I synced the soundtrack up through a speaker (perfectly) and the show was absolutely stunning. Even without fountains, or spotlights, or others, I loved it so so much. I prefer it to HEA (based on videos I've seen, will decide tomorrow) and I far prefer it to Illuminations. What an amazing show.
Other posters are right. It’s not *a* fireworks spot. It’s *the* fireworks spot. 😉

Glad you guys had fun!

gerarar

Premium Member
More evidence that the "extra" pyro from June was just temporary leftover stuff they were getting rid of.

Some more pyro has been removed/cut from the show recently. Most prominently the 4 star-burst shells during I See The Light are now gone.

And now a bunch more green shells have been added during the finale song.
Used to be 2 x 3 x 3 shells. Kinda messes up the synchronization now imo.

Also the modified center barge pyro in the very end is now gone. Posted about it on my last post a couple weeks ago.
Also not sure if you noticed @Starship824 (saw you in the live comments lol), but the green mimes at the very end are now red comets with a short burst tail. So maybe the new pyro added recently last month is leftover pyro after all?
View attachment 801081

Starship824

In the Parks
No
More evidence that the "extra" pyro from June was just temporary leftover stuff they were getting rid of.

Some more pyro has been removed/cut from the show recently. Most prominently the 4 star-burst shells during I See The Light are now gone.

And now a bunch more green shells have been added during the finale song.
Used to be 2 x 3 x 3 shells. Kinda messes up the synchronization now imo.

Also the modified center barge pyro in the very end is now gone. Posted about it on my last post a couple weeks ago.

That's sad. I really like the added shells in "I see the Light" that being sad I actually like the added stuff to the end.

mattpeto

I hit Epcot nearly every day from Saturday to Thursday last week. The barges were out during the day every day, except my last day, which was a nice surprise, finally on Thursday.

Seems like they are really picking their spots when to boat them backstage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom