News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Cmdr_Crimson

Based on the concept art, they will need to tear down America Gardens Theater to get that view.
I like that idea but let’s take it one step further! Move all of the shows that would be held at America Gardens Theater to CommuniCore Plaza. Tear down America Gardens Theater and replace it with a new full service restaurant with views of WSL. They could even theme the restaurant to a Disney character. Maybe Tiana!
In other words you want it to look like how it was In the hot Blinding Floridian sun (With no shade mind you) from the early 80's?
Image from RetroWDW
EPCOT-7_6_85_24.jpg

monorail81

In other words you want it to look like how it was In the hot Blinding Floridian sun (With no shade mind you) from the early 80's?
Image from RetroWDW
EPCOT-7_6_85_24.jpg
Nope. Not me. I was simply pointing out that to achieve the view they depicted, the theater will need to go the way of the tacos, Stargate, and ROE globe. Thinking about it now, I can see them them tearing it down, turning it into a little “park” and charging for a dessert party.

Thelazer

Interesting, looking at it, it looks like there is mounting points for something on the outside edges (lights?)
I'd assume led screen will be cladded up on the sides on that arch framework also.

I am guessing fountain nozzles on the top of the platform.
Not sure what that long T shape silver / white is. Could be a flame bar for fire effects.

Not to sure about why there is a open slot in the center (that U shape) perhaps easy slot it into a pile in the lake.
Would make it easy to drive in / out and hookup each night that way.

TTA94

Okay T-shape is a wiring raceway. Likely for fireworks.
The 4 square shapes just in front of it, likely mounting points for moving head lights.
The 8 supports up at edge, likely fountain mounting area.

I don’t see the pluming for fountains though, but maybe it’s there or will be?

Squishy

6. The art shows two on either side and one head-on. There is presumably another hidden behind the central array.
How are they supposed to fit 6? I know Harmonious was all back there at one point but 6 for daily operations seems like a hassle. These arent that small either, I do wonder if the blue color is going to make it stand out even more in the lagoon compared to all black like Harmonious was.
1690687497806.png

TTA94

Seeing these new barges makes me feel a little bit better about this show. I’m cautiously optimistic maybe it will still be visually impressive but in a simpler way than Harmonious. I suppose the word “simpler”, which scared me, doesn’t necessarily mean it will be less visually impressive as Harmonious was. But we’ll see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom