News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

jrhwdw

I don't see why this would be discontinued. They've already invested in the lights on SSE as well as in the entrance plaza to sync with broadcast music. Just keep it going.
Wasn't it said on here that SSE's Beacon was permanent??? Of course, would be nice to get confirmation from DPB since a lot is changing that final 50th Weekend....

TTA94

I can’t really think of anything other than Drones that will draw a lot of attention for the new show. I can see where drones would be a “wow factor” with the average guests, which is who WDW wants to please, but for me drones are kinda Meh and something other places do now a days so it’s not anything really special.
IMO one thing that would be a big wow factor and something unique to WDW would be a bunch flat fountain platforms placed in WSL and seeing the huge lagoon erupting in towering fountains. I mean that’s what made World of Color popular. But unlike WoC, WSL can include fireworks to.

jrhwdw

I can’t really think of anything other than Drones that will draw a lot of attention for the new show. I can see where drones would be a “wow factor” with the average guests, which is who WDW wants to please, but for me drones are kinda Meh and something other places do now a days so it’s not anything really special.
IMO one thing that would be a big wow factor and something unique to WDW would be a bunch flat fountain platforms placed in WSL and seeing the huge lagoon erupting in towering fountains. I mean that’s what made World of Color popular. But unlike WoC, WSL can include fireworks to.
I don't mind Drones for WSL if it doesn't cut Pyro!

I'm beginning to wonder how many Professional Drones there are in the World? WDSP now has them, DLP had them for a year already, and D Light is still popular. I don't see DLRP giving any up! LOL!

TTA94

Late 2023 all being well. But it is still early in dev, so we will see how it goes.

I have a gut feeling it’ll be delayed to Spring 2024 or something. But I guess it depends on what, if any, new barges they are building, going to be building or any major installations around or in WSL.

TTA94

Drones would have the same problem as Harmonius, only a few good views plus probably wouldn't be able to fly during the rain

Probably the new show would be in B mode more often then not with drones. If drones are indeed planned hopefully they won’t be the only major part of the show and something that can be cut without disappointing guests.

jrhwdw

Probably the new show would be in B mode more often then not with drones. If drones are indeed planned hopefully they won’t be the only major part of the show and something that can be cut without disappointing guests.
Maybe Epcot has another way? TDO knows WDW's Weather you would think!

That's one thing I wished Harm would have took care of! Have backup Shore Pyro at WSL's center for Bad Weather!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't see why this would be discontinued. They've already invested in the lights on SSE as well as in the entrance plaza to sync with broadcast music. Just keep it going.
Even if the 50th Beacons of Light ended, they already have a handful of extra 'shows' that play on SSE. I would imagine each festival would also get its own show since it seems the hub lights for the festivals will sync with SSE.

TTA94

Since the new show was announced to be part of the 100th, and really the only new entertainment offering at WDW for the 100th, what are they going to do if they can’t get the show ready by the end of the year?

Figments Friend

Disney Fireworks GIF
Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Exactly my feelings as well.

So glad we finally have a date for the end of this mess.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom