News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
My question is how Disney accounts for the wasted money on Harmonious. Surely it will hinder just how much is spent on the new permanent show. I dont like to keep beating the dead drum of "Why not I:ROE", but... Happily Ever After is back from the dead, and it would kill two birds with one stone. 1. It will be MUCH less than creating a new show, and 2. It had a dedicated fanbase and a proven track record of success. Pretty sure HEA fit that criteria as well.

jrhwdw

My question is how Disney accounts for the wasted money on Harmonious. Surely it will hinder just how much is spent on the new permanent show. I dont like to keep beating the dead drum of "Why not I:ROE", but... Happily Ever After is back from the dead, and it would kill two birds with one stone. 1. It will be MUCH less than creating a new show, and 2. It had a dedicated fanbase and a proven track record of success. Pretty sure HEA fit that criteria as well.
ROE would need a New Earth Globe. IDK how much that would be........

EF has had a weird life(Let's hope 2023 is a smooth run)but it might have a Fan Base?? All who've been around Epcot for years enjoys the old Music/Feel.

Disone

I beg to differ, but that’s the beauty of opinion :)
Okay;). I know EF has some fans. I just find it the worst of the lot. For me It ranks just ahead of Illuminations 25a . Horrible ending. If they bring it back I hope they could at least do a new ending. EF's whole new world is.....zzzzzzzzz.

TTA94

Okay;). I know EF has some fans. I just find it the worst of the lot. For me It ranks just ahead of Illuminations 25a . Horrible ending. If they bring it back I hope they could at least do a new ending. EF's whole new world is.....zzzzzzzzz.

EF would be better if they replaced the children narration and the ending. But, highly unlikely that’ll happen.

dreday3

We will most likely be there with Epcot Forever, so oh well. We will watch and enjoy it enough.

If somehow the new show could have an original score that was 75% as amazing as Illuminations, I wouldn't care what kind of special stuff they add like drones, etc.

Tremendous music and great fireworks would be enough for me.

wdwfan22

They have already wasted enough money on Harmonious, they might as well spend the money and bring an updated version of IllumiNations back to Epcot. Epcot forever while only meant to be temporary it was weak. Poor finale and most guests had no clue what the music was for. It was a see once for us and didn't have to see it again. Hopefully if it does return it's for a very short run.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My question is how Disney accounts for the wasted money on Harmonious. Surely it will hinder just how much is spent on the new permanent show.
I presume it would be written off like any other attraction that didn't last long enough to amortize its expense (Superstar Limo).

Whether they have an accounting bucket labeled "EPCOT nighttime spectacular" from which they are limited in expenditures, or, they pull from other buckets and some future project is now delayed or cancelled, I do not know.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Screenshot_20230109_233532.jpg
odq6k8v7dh761.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom