News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Brian

In addition, to anyone who has seen Disneyland Fireworks, they are noticeably to the left of the castle, so I think that (in theory) would work.
That is purely out of necessity. Disneyland Park's backstage is crazy packed, even more-so now that Galaxy's Edge is abutting it and Runaway Railway was built. FWIW, it bothers me tremendously to see them off center like that at a "castle park."

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
That is purely out of necessity. Disneyland Park's backstage is crazy packed, even more-so now that Galaxy's Edge is abutting it and Runaway Railway was built. FWIW, it bothers me tremendously to see them off center like that at a "castle park."
Is it then true (or just something I heard) that there had to be a temporary 9-line set up on some kind of cherry picker setup during MMRR’s construction? I know that they had to move some of the pyro during that time, but I’m not sure if that was something I imagined.

ToTBellHop

I remember watching off-center fireworks during Mickey’s Mix Tragic thinking, “this would never fly at MK.”

Even DE was better.

Vegas Disney Fan

I’ve always wondered if I5 is the reason for the off center fireworks at DL.

The launch site at DL is sandwiched between MMRR, the cycle shop, the facilities building, and the parade building, it couldn’t be more surrounded if they tried, the odd thing is there’s a backstage parking garage just behind the facilities building that would be directly in line with the castle and would move the fireworks further away from the backstage buildings, they’d only have to move the launch site a couple hundred feet and they‘d solve several issues, it would move it closer to the 5 though so maybe that’s not allowed.

Brian

I’ve always wondered if I5 is the reason for the off center fireworks at DL.

The launch site at DL is sandwiched between MMRR, the cycle shop, the facilities building, and the parade building, it couldn’t be more surrounded if they tried, the odd thing is there’s a backstage parking garage just behind the facilities building that would be directly in line with the castle and would move the fireworks further away from the backstage buildings, they’d only have to move the launch site a couple hundred feet and they‘d solve several issues, it would move it closer to the 5 though so maybe that’s not allowed.
I never worked out there (only WDW), but my understanding has been that the current launch site is where it is because there's no other place to put it, given all the buildings back there. The interstate may also be a consideration, but I haven't specifically heard that.

Last edited:

Touchdown

They aren’t super off centered. And SBC is more wide than tall so it helps with the asthetic. It also allows you to line up at the top of the hub and a great view of the projections and the fireworks.

disneylandtour

Skip Hoop, the food is inedible now and they've doubled the tier 1 tables.
I was at Hoop one year ago. Chicken was not bad. Ribs, not good. But the all you can drink (i.e. three beers) made up for some of that. Also the performers were very good. Has the food taken a nose dive in the last year.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I was at Hoop one year ago. Chicken was not bad. Ribs, not good. But the all you can drink (i.e. three beers) made up for some of that. Also the performers were very good. Has the food taken a nose dive in the last year.

It was at the end of September which was the last time we attended, 4:30 show Tier 1 seating but still was 6 rows of tables from the stage. You can tell when they gave up with ribs when they just served them with the sauce on the side.

TheMaxRebo

you can ask for the cedar plank salmon at Hoop as well (at least you could last time we went) and my wife enjoyed that quite a bit. still found the chicken and some of the sides good - agree the ribs are not good

Goofnut1980

Let’s hope 2025 is a year WDW gets something significant entertainment wise . My gut says 2024 will be a quiet year for entertainment and 2025 might be more active, but unfortunately not necessarily for WDW, as usual. 2025 is DLs 70th so almost a guarantee they will get something, rumor is PTN back. TDL will be getting a new show and HKDL will be getting a new 20th Parade. Remains to be seen what happens with their PTN.
Plus I would think they want to do something before UNI opens Epic....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom