News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

gerarar

Premium Member
Last night some of the comets on the finale rising barge were loaded incorrectly, making for some cool color combinations during the reveal.

The warm white and greens were swapped.
Screenshot_20240103_103055_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240103_103125_YouTube.jpg

Timestamped livestream:

disneylandtour

If one were to want to record audio for Luminous lol where might be a good spot? Is there any speakers that are away from the crowds? Or does the audio pipe in to any indoor area?

I haven't seen Luminous from the observation platform on the Swan's Reserve. But the fireworks audio use to be wired in over there. I have no idea if that's true for this show. But that's where I'd start.

aladdin2007

During the opening welcome segment, are they actually using an African language between Germany and China representing the outpost? I know I have heard a voice between those two as it goes around,,,but....just something that sticks out to me. Odd since they never have before.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
During the opening welcome segment, are they actually using an African language between Germany and China representing the outpost? I know I have heard a voice between those two as it goes around,,,but....just something that sticks out to me. Odd since they never have before.
Yes, I believe so.

LittleBuford

It’s the Swahili word karibu apparently. Here’s the full script:

LittleBuford

It’s the Swahili word karibu apparently. Here’s the full script:

I have some knowledge of Arabic, and it turns out that karibu derives from the Arabic qarib, which means “nearby”. That’s a very fitting etymology for such a word.

UNCgolf

It would make the most sense to do a show like this in the lagoon at the Animal Kingdom, with boats/rafts/whatever adding additional elements on the water.

They need a night show at DAK and they need to put something in that amphitheater space, and since they can't use fireworks there it's a perfect fit.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It would make the most sense to do a show like this in the lagoon at the Animal Kingdom, with boats/rafts/whatever adding additional elements on the water.

They need a night show at DAK and they need to put something in that amphitheater space, and since they can't use fireworks there it's a perfect fit.
Bingo and something that could be performed more than once nightly since the theater can only hold so many

doctornick

That looks nice, but does it look like that from all angles? Probably not.

That's the thing. drones work best when in a situation where the audience is focused looking from one direction. For a show "in the round" like at Epcot, they probably aren't the ideal element to use. But they would be a good fit for a new nighttime show at DAK where the audience is seated in an amphitheater and all looking the same general direction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom