News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TTA94

If one were to want to record audio for Luminous lol where might be a good spot? Is there any speakers that are away from the crowds? Or does the audio pipe in to any indoor area?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Happily Ever After alone cost roughly 45,000 dollars a night which is why Enchantment was greenlit, guest feedback was atrocious but Enchantment cost roughly 25,000 per night. This is the not so new Disney now. Cost cutting and efficiency, ala one of the four keys.

So, to Disney's credit, then, they ditched the low scoring cheaper show to bring back the higher scoring and more expensive show to please their customers.

I like the new Disney.

Fido Chuckwagon

We just saw this in person for the first time last night. The general consensus amongst myself, my wife, and my two daughters was… Eh, it’s ok. It wasn’t good enough that we didn’t start making our way towards the exit in the last few minutes to beat the crowds, and its’ definitely not good enough that it’ll keep us in Epcot till close unless we are there anyway.

By contrast, we would certainly stay till close for Happily Ever After, and for Illuminations.

YMMV.

SoFloMagic

We just saw this in person for the first time last night. The general consensus amongst myself, my wife, and my two daughters was… Eh, it’s ok. It wasn’t good enough that we didn’t start making our way towards the exit in the last few minutes to beat the crowds, and its’ definitely not good enough that it’ll keep us in Epcot till close unless we are there anyway.

By contrast, we would certainly stay till close for Happily Ever After, and for Illuminations.

YMMV.
If you actually left early, you may have missed the best parts. There are some cool pyro effects at the end. Also the finale has a pretty hefty payload on nights when the full thing runs.

wdwfan22

Let’s hope 2025 is a year WDW gets something significant entertainment wise . My gut says 2024 will be a quiet year for entertainment and 2025 might be more active, but unfortunately not necessarily for WDW, as usual. 2025 is DLs 70th so almost a guarantee they will get something, rumor is PTN back. TDL will be getting a new show and HKDL will be getting a new 20th Parade. Remains to be seen what happens with their PTN.
2025 is going to be active but most likely for Disneyland.

wdwfan22

Understandable since it’s their Anniversary. But hopefully WDW isn’t left out completely. Hopefully we are not looking beyond 2025 for that light parade.
Unless Happily Ever After goes away I don’t see a night parade at Magic Kingdom. They know they don’t need it.

maxairmike

It will be interesting to see if Universal will be able pull off a nighttime show. I have my doubts as up to this point they haven't done anything I would consider spectacular.

Personally, for me the original version of Cinematic Spectacular lived up to its name before the construction for Diagon Alley caused them to relocate pyro launch points and some other adjustments. I'm hopeful that with what will hopefully be a dedicated launch point and the setting of the center of the park that they can pull off something with larger pyro without too much fuss from the nearby residents. My only concern is that it may end up being a very wet show if you're in the designed viewing areas for the show fountain depending on what exactly they do with it for the show.

TheMaxRebo

Unless Happily Ever After goes away I don’t see a night parade at Magic Kingdom. They know they don’t need it.

as much as I love nighttime parades, just feels like a logistic nightmare given the crowds they get for HAE

Maybe if they ran the parade twice (before and after the fireworks) it could help disperse crowds a bit and at least avoid that huge throng of people leaving the park right after fireworks

Just feels like many other things they could spend $ on across the 4 parks would help out a lot more than adding a nighttime parade

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If one were to want to record audio for Luminous lol where might be a good spot? Is there any speakers that are away from the crowds? Or does the audio pipe in to any indoor area?
There’s plenty of reachable speakers. You need to choose narration or no narration since they use both.
Personally, for me the original version of Cinematic Spectacular lived up to its name
The original original version was indeed insane.

Chef idea Mickey`=

It will be interesting to see if Universal will be able pull off a nighttime show. I have my doubts as up to this point they haven't done anything I would consider spectacular.
Could it be because the zoning height restrictions of Universal current area. Now with Epic Universe is like it can finally do a large nighttime spectacular like Epcot...

TTA94

Ahhhh. I felt like I was going crazy. One time I saw it and could barely hear narration. The second I felt like she was screaming at me.

If we’re lucky when Disney gets around to it they will release both narration and no narration lol. And the post show… but that seems like a stretch. I’d say they’ll release some version of “Heartbeat Symphony” and the main show. Unlikely they’ll release “One Heartbeat”.

wdwfan22

If we’re lucky when Disney gets around to it they will release both narration and no narration lol. And the post show… but that seems like a stretch. I’d say they’ll release some version of “Heartbeat Symphony” and the main show. Unlikely they’ll release “One Heartbeat”.
They are planning a digital release of the main show, however no timeline was given.

gerarar

Premium Member
After watching dozens of recordings, I've noticed that in the Beating of our Hearts finale, when the lyrics

"We all, come together as one"

plays, the spotlights from the various pavilions around the lagoon move but don't exactly point to the center of the where the barges are. It's a bit off center, but it's not very noticeable from Showplace Plaza and Japan/America.
Screenshot_20231228_222829_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20231228_223254_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom