News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Fido Chuckwagon

If you actually left early, you may have missed the best parts. There are some cool pyro effects at the end. Also the finale has a pretty hefty payload on nights when the full thing runs.
Nah, we saw it as we were walking out. We watched most of it from Morocco as we had just gotten off of Remy’s and didn’t have enough time to make it anywhere else. We were parked at the front of the park so we saw it as we were walking out of the park. Like I said, it was fine. I don’t think it was awful or anything. I just don’t think it was great.

James Alucobond

It’s called LEARNING
Learning doesn't mean there will never be bugs, glitches, mishaps, and missteps, especially with brand new hardware and programming. You can't know what confluence of problems caused this singular issue and if it's even anything that happened before that they could have learned from. Guests from that night may rightfully be disappointed, and the show runners are likely embarrassed. However, there is no need for indignation and dramatic statements of (often disingenuous) concern unless the problem recurs and goes unaddressed.

SoFloMagic

Nah, we saw it as we were walking out. We watched most of it from Morocco as we had just gotten off of Remy’s and didn’t have enough time to make it anywhere else. We were parked at the front of the park so we saw it as we were walking out of the park. Like I said, it was fine. I don’t think it was awful or anything. I just don’t think it was great.
Nice. I think the finale is way more powerful from the future world side of the lagoon - Norway to Canada. The
tower shooting fireworks at you
is way cooler when you're closer to it. Also, the spots and lasers seem to be way better if humidity is high.

Jeffxz

IMG_0318.jpeg

New barges adding to the NYE party.

Squishy

Seems like DHS fully abandoned the world drive launch site? From Epcot it didn't look like they had shells like the past 2 years. They only had close proximity pyro.

gerarar

Premium Member
Seems like DHS fully abandoned the world drive launch site? From Epcot it didn't look like they had shells like the past 2 years. They only had close proximity pyro.
Seems like it. They did add a bunch more low pyro on the Chinese Theater and nearby buildings for this year to make up for it however..

Edit: found a better video, plus seems like a new fireworks pre-show before the actual countdown

Last edited:

mattpeto

Seems like it. They did add a bunch more low pyro on the Chinese Theater and nearby buildings for this year to make up for it however..

Edit: found a better video, plus seems like a new fireworks pre-show before the actual countdown

Was trying to find footage, thanks for sharing.

No live streamers at Hollywood, and I can't blame them. I'd rather be at the other two parks, but still intrigued that DHS was closing at midnight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom