News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

celluloid

Bingo. Those drones at DLP are probably 1/4 mile from the castle. Not sure they look great in a lagoon a few hundred feet away and viewed from the side.
They can however, be programmed to rotate alter, which can actually create some cool illusions as.well as giving the other side a view that the other had. They don't have to have their same LEDs on either.

jrhwdw

Does anyone know which version of Luminous played yesterday? (Jan 9th) Was it in B-mode? I know the weather was pretty bad.
It was Fireworks-less so I guess that's B Mode? We need a Letter when the Prim. are launched in the center of WSL.

Kind of interesting luck that we've seen 2 showings of Bad Weather Luminous already. While I believe no Fireworks in ROE/EF/Harm were really, really rare.....let's hope Epcot doesn't use that Bad Weather Version too much........

EpicFooF

It was Fireworks-less so I guess that's B Mode? We need a Letter when the Prim. are launched in the center of WSL.

Kind of interesting luck that we've seen 2 showings of Bad Weather Luminous already. While I believe no Fireworks in ROE/EF/Harm were really, really rare.....let's hope Epcot doesn't use that Bad Weather Version too much........
Oh B- mode is no perimeter fireworks, guess it was even worse haha. How come Luminous ran multiple times fireworkless and Harmonious and Epcot Forever didn’t? I hope they’re not going cheap.

Oh B- mode is no perimeter fireworks, guess it was even worse haha. How come Luminous ran multiple times fireworkless and Harmonious and Epcot Forever didn’t? I hope they’re not going cheap.
I'm sure with the way the weather was both of those times that we are talking about here, the decision more than likely has absolutely zero to do with Disney trying to skimp on spending and has everything to do with decisions pertaining to safety.

Epcot82Guy

I use:
Luminous: The Symphony of Us (full show)
Luminous: The Symphony of Us - B-Mode (Lagoon perimeters)
Luminough: The Karaoke Bar of Us (No Fireworks/Pyro)

Touchdown

It's rare we get tornado warnings twice in one winter
The December fireworkless show did not occur during a tornado warning, there was no thunderstorms that day, it just rained all day, with some hefty straight line winds. And I do mean all day, from 8:30am-10:30 when I went to sleep.

Squishy

The December fireworkless show did not occur during a tornado warning, there was no thunderstorms that day, it just rained all day, with some hefty straight line winds. And I do mean all day, from 8:30am-10:30 when I went to sleep.
I'm guessing it has todo with if they don't feel safe to reload & stage the barges if it's raining heavy for most of the day & night.

SoFloMagic

Oh that's right. That one was the December tropical storm.

Dr.GrantSeeker

Not sure if it has has been mentioned yet, I’ve taken some time off from the forums, now a little over a month of Luminous preforming how is it doing? Have we heard anything about how it’s been received so far from guests other than us here on the boards?

Andrew25

Not sure if it has has been mentioned yet, I’ve taken some time off from the forums, now a little over a month of Luminous preforming how is it doing? Have we heard anything about how it’s been received so far from guests other than us here on the boards?
Audible applause and far more cheering than Harmonious. Lots of "wow" moments in the shows. Harmonious revealed itself way too fast, but even then Luminious just has a more impressive pyro selection.

Top 3 Luminous Moments:
3. Center barge pyro
2. The Frozen-tease leading to I see the Light
1. The audible gasp when When She Loved Me starts to play lol

gerarar

Premium Member
Audible applause and far more cheering than Harmonious. Lots of "wow" moments in the shows. Harmonious revealed itself way too fast, but even then Luminious just has a more impressive pyro selection.

Top 3 Luminous Moments:
3. Center barge pyro
2. The Frozen-tease leading to I see the Light
1. The audible gasp when When She Loved Me starts to play lol
I would squeeze in...
1½. the "it's a heart!!" comments during the it's the beating of our hearts medley in the finale.

Also when the narrator speaks for the last time after all the music and lights go off. Worked in Harmonious and works even better here with the "In the great symphony...of us" narration. Love it honestly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom