News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

waltography

This is factually untrue. You just didn’t have the internet.
And why did you edit out the rest of my post? You pulled my comment (made sarcastically) out of context and changed the meaning of it entirely.

Disney used to always deliver right out of the gate, no imperfections, and we shouldn't demand anything less. Now excuse me while I pull my shoes out of the wet cement and head to Autopia before the cars all crash into each other.

Last edited:

TTA94

The show is incredible.. Seems like Disney found its place again for nighttime shows. Can we please get a nighttime parade at MK now before Iger leaves.

Let’s hope 2025 is a year WDW gets something significant entertainment wise . My gut says 2024 will be a quiet year for entertainment and 2025 might be more active, but unfortunately not necessarily for WDW, as usual. 2025 is DLs 70th so almost a guarantee they will get something, rumor is PTN back. TDL will be getting a new show and HKDL will be getting a new 20th Parade. Remains to be seen what happens with their PTN.

Squishy

The work crews actively working on barge components such as lighting have nothing to do with technical issues.

Got it.
I think its due to the weather, if weather isn't good they call off collecting the low platform barges hence the barges get left on the lagoon.

ULPO46

Let’s hope 2025 is a year WDW gets something significant entertainment wise . My gut says 2024 will be a quiet year for entertainment and 2025 might be more active, but unfortunately not necessarily for WDW, as usual. 2025 is DLs 70th so almost a guarantee they will get something, rumor is PTN back. TDL will be getting a new show and HKDL will be getting a new 20th Parade. Remains to be seen what happens with their PTN.
There's no Roy Disney to jump in and form a Save Disney 2.0 Campaign as of now. I don't see anything changing until Iger either finally retires his post as CEO or we get another Early Eisner years CEO. Iger has been a decent CEO, but acquiring IP and putting it into every corner of the resorts is starting to make Disney look lackluster and similar to every other park in the greater Orlando area. I don't see entertainment coming back anytime soon. Upper management used C-19 as a major excuse to just cut everything and never think twice about it. When illuminations was around each show cost TWDC 85,000 US dollars per showing. Anything to cut cost is why you see so many barges in the World Showcase lagoon... "DO YOU KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE MARINE PETROL IS?" Upper Management...

Jokes aside It's becoming sad reading these post and seeing people wanting the very thing that made Disney World so famous. No one wants bland entertainment. They want emotional pieces of art that bring back the child in all of us, make us cry when we watch our children wonder in joy as they watch pieces of cardboard and blackpowder burn in the sky. Disney under the last few years of Iger have really been tough. I can only hope that someone from outside this current board can come up like a knight in shining armour and bring back a Disney we can all enjoy and not have to worry about the cost. For reputation and a strong brand image is all that should matter.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I think its due to the weather, if weather isn't good they call off collecting the low platform barges hence the barges get left on the lagoon.
While those partly cloudy Florida days and evenings can be formidable meteorological challenges for everyone, there's another reason why you have work crews on them at open and most of the day.

Squishy

While those partly cloudy Florida days and evenings can be formidable meteorological challenges for everyone, there's another reason why you have work crews on them at open and most of the day.
Cause they have to load pyro & do maintenance on the lagoon since the barges didn't go backstage..

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Now you're just outright lying. I spent three days at Epcot last week from open to close (with only a few breaks back the resort in between) and never saw "crews on them at open and most of the day." I saw the show those three nights as well and with the exception of Sunday night, thanks to the backside of the nor'easter moving out, the show was in perfect condition. Everything worked and there was no obvious signs of malaise. It's one thing to not like the show, even if I think it makes one a tasteless hack, but to constantly spew lies about its run is beyond pathetic; but every post you make is filled with lies so I'm not sure why I'm shocked or even wasting my time responding to your nonsense.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Now you're just outright lying. I spent three days at Epcot last week from open to close (with only a few breaks back the resort in between) and never saw "crews on them at open and most of the day." I saw the show those three nights as well and with the exception of Sunday night, thanks to the backside of the nor'easter moving out, the show was in perfect condition. Everything worked and there was no obvious signs of malaise. It's one thing to not like the show, even if I think it makes one a tasteless hack, but to constantly spew lies about its run is beyond pathetic; but every post you make is filled with lies so I'm not sure why I'm shocked or even wasting my time responding to your nonsense.
Oh you're spicy today.

They have kept the barges in place to facilitate work to improve show reliability and to also to fix things which haven't held up as expected. Show performances have been inconsistent, unfavorable weather can be blamed for some, but not all show issues. Pyro, lighting, water effects have all had problems, that are being worked on. (on stage). I'm sure it will eventually be at a better state of reliable, if it isn't close to there already. (after 4 weeks)

Disney Analyst

In the end I think people aren’t bothered.

The show is way better than the last two, each show has run pretty much seamlessly (save for weather related issues, and one known tech issue night), and even if the barges are left in place for whatever reason, they are minimally intrusive, and the views across the lagoon are preserved.

ULPO46

They spent over half a billion dollars on that show in its lifetime...?
Happily Ever After alone cost roughly 45,000 dollars a night which is why Enchantment was greenlit, guest feedback was atrocious but Enchantment cost roughly 25,000 per night. This is the not so new Disney now. Cost cutting and efficiency, ala one of the four keys. What made Illuminations so expensive was the volatility of the Petroleum market, it wasn’t cheap to “blow up” the barges with balls of fire. Lasers whilst now a days seem boring is a much cheaper option. Here’s to hoping a future show with drones doesn’t get chopped, after all those things have become a lot cheaper now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom