News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

lordsigma

I wonder if a refresh of Harmonious with a new musical soundtrack and sequence for the 100th could have always been the plan since what they’re hinting at doing here seems at least somewhat Harmonious-like. If so what probably changed was the guest (and reportedly internal executive) reaction to the visual blight of the Harmonious barges. It seems like the show they’re going for is at least somewhat Harmonious like with the fountain and lighting effects and the large central element and the reports here of them even reusing some of the hardware from Harmonious but with mobile barges without the visual blight during the day. The name “Luminous” is even somewhat similar. Just my thoughts. While I at first couldn’t believe that they would scrap the massively expensive barges so quickly now seeing what they’re doing I don’t think this change was ever about the response to the Harmonious show itself it was always about the barges and the fact they wrecked the lagoon during the day.

Epcot82Guy

For those talking about the voice over, are you saying the quality or voice actor don't seem like what would be expected? I ask because this is listed as a demo track. That's often done by the creator or composer her/himself or another person on the creative team. And the dialogue could easily change. It's not a true voice actor (i.e. it's someone free), rather a demo meant to generally give the idea for approvals.

I'm not saying this is any more or less credible. I'm just saying issues in the quality of the voice or even the dialogue itself could still be tied to a legit demo track.

Last edited:

Vinnie Mac

For those talking about the voice over, are you saying the quality or voice actor don't seem like what would be expected? I ask because this is listed as a demo track. That's often done by the creator or composer her/himself or another person on the creative team. And the dialogue could easily change. It's not a true voice actor (i.e. it's someone free), rather a demo meant to generally give the idea for approvals.

I'm not saying this is any more or less credible. I'm just saying the quality of the voice or even the dialogue itself could still be a legit demo track.
The quality definitely seems like a demo track. A demo track isn't going to sound super polished and fleshed out

UNCgolf

I tend to believe it may be an AI creation.

The thing that makes me think it's not AI is that it sounds like real orchestration -- AI generated music generally sounds more off/synthetic when trying to create something orchestral. It's much better at doing solo piano etc. although even that sometimes sounds a little off.

But it's certainly possible there are now AI tools that have the ability to recreate full orchestral sound and I just haven't heard them.

Last edited:

stuart

Interesting. This doesn't sound like an IP focused show based on this little audio excerpt. Very experience and life based but I'm still a little confused

Very Epcot sounding actually

To me, it has a similar sound / style to some of the tracks in the current park entrance loop.

SplashJacket

That so-called "demo" music was one of the most bland, soft, new-agish, and boring music I've ever heard. Do-re... do-re... do-re... do-re-mi... do...re... do-re... do-re... do-re... do-re-faaaa...

I didn't like Enchantment, nor Harmonious, nor EF... but they all had much better music that that droll demo. So, it's much more likely that Disney can do better than that demo. They do it all the time.
THANK YOU, I was going to say this last night but didn’t want to partake in the clamoring that would follow, but the fake music and speech sounded atrocious. Only thing people are clinging to are the lack of IP, but otherwise it’s garbage, clearly fake, and if it isn’t, god

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom