News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Father Robinson

Is it just me or do the new barges seem to only house lights? I didn't notice any fireworks launch tubes or fountain nozzles.. I'm sure I'm 100% wrong on this, but has anyone else noticed this?

Attachments

• Luminous-the-Symphony-of-Us_Full_53171.jpg
    Luminous-the-Symphony-of-Us_Full_53171.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 76
  • Luminous-the-Symphony-of-Us_Full_53170.jpg
    Luminous-the-Symphony-of-Us_Full_53170.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 77

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I believe the Supreme Court ruled anything created with AI can not be copyrighted. As a company who loves their IP, can’t imagine them going to heavy with AI.

Federal court, the Supreme Court declined to hear the case. The tricky part of this ruling is that is says something completely generated by a computer can't be copyrighted, so how human intervention would be required to get around that.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Federal court, the Supreme Court declined to hear the case. The tricky part of this ruling is that is says something completely generated by a computer can't be copyrighted, so how human intervention would be required to get around that.
Indeed once you photoshop an AI image, or alter AI generated text, or mix the AI audio in with your own human created audio, then that alteration is copyrightable. And people looking to use the AI created will have a hard time teasing out what the original AI content was from the human alteration.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The music is terrible, whether composed by AI or a human. Not only is the composition bad, but the MIDI orchestration is not at all as authentic as even home demo studios can produce. Digital samples these days are mind blowing, and this ain't it.

And Mr. Penguin, your solfège is off. Following the narration:

Sol do ti do sol do ti do

sol do re la mi re do ti

sol do ti do sol do ti do

Do sol do me (over flat-VI, a mildly interesting yet cliched moment) do re fa sol do

EDIT: Actually the MIDI orchestration isn't half bad; some of it sounds quite real. It's the composition itself that is dreadful.
I guess once you know the notes to sing, you can sing most anything.

TTA94

There appeared to be a light at one side, and a fountain head at the other. There will be better pictures further back, but a quick search brought this.

The barges with both fitted are at the back

I do not know much about the fountains they are using but you’d think the force of the jets will cause the small barges to bounce around?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom