News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Disney Analyst

For comparison to Illuminations:

1695853925398.png

1695853994148.png

mattpeto

SirBrayden (from Mickey Views) posted it on Twitter and someone in the comment section claimed that they were lucky enough to hear an audio snippet themselves and that the clip was the same audio they heard. Not sure how authentic but I'm intrigued nonetheless.
Where is that tweet?

fgmnt

Here is my guess as to what will happen. The blue barges will navigate out to the Hexagon and anchor and then either before the show or during the show the 4 small barges will deploy and spread out to to the outer pilons.

View attachment 745443
A show that takes advantage of the incredible, one-of-a-kind stage of the World Showcase Lagoon is nice to see again.

trainplane3

Here is my guess as to what will happen. The blue barges will navigate out to the Hexagon and anchor and then either before the show or during the show the 4 small barges will deploy and spread out to to the outer pilons.

View attachment 745443
Yep.
Someone drew up a possible layout:

Which does match up nicely with:

Edit: Just realized something. The small black barges look like they'll nest themselves within the new blue barges. When they move the blue barges out, the black ones will come out with them. Then once blues are docked, they can hook up to the black ones and pull them out like how they move them before and after Epcot Forever. If that's the case, that should be pretty nice for ops.

WorldExplorer

Interesting. This doesn't sound like an IP focused show based on this little audio excerpt. Very experience and life based but I'm still a little confused

Very Epcot sounding actually

This sounds really nice. If it's real, I hope it doesn't just end up being a framing device (so to speak) for a Disney song medley (like the Happily Ever After opening and closing song).

TTA94

If that music is real I’m sure some at Disney are not to happy lol. Maybe this will force them to “officially” post more about the show and the music.

TTA94

Interesting. This doesn't sound like an IP focused show based on this little audio excerpt. Very experience and life based but I'm still a little confused

Very Epcot sounding actually

I wouldn’t mind if that was the opening narration. The music is, interesting. Indeed very Epcot sounding, however I don’t feel it’s very catchy and something you’d have stuck in your head 🤔.
IF its even real I can see different camps, Epcot die hards and Illuminations fans will love it, those who found Illuminations and EF boring but loved Harmonious will hate it lol.

Vinnie Mac

I wouldn’t mind if that was the opening narration. The music is, interesting. Indeed very Epcot sounding, however I don’t feel it’s very catchy and something you’d have stuck in your head. Obviously it’s only a small part of the music.
IF its even real I can see different camps, Epcot die hards and Illuminations fans will love it, those who found Illuminations and EF boring but loved Harmonious will hate it lol.
Opening narration tells more of a story for a lagoon show than Epcot Forever and Harmonious did combined. Actually crazy how well it sets the vibe of the show.

Can def see how diff camps would feel about the show. Like you said Epcot die hards would like it but I'm sure Harmonious lovers wouldn't be too much of a fan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom