News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

JoeCamel

I didn't think the Illuminations equipment looked exactly attractive, but there was something kind of nice about them setting up as the afternoon wore on as it built up anticipation for the evening's entertainment and gave a sense of progression to the day. I also didn't find it particularly intrusive. Don't have anything nice to say about the Harmonious equipment!
It reminded me of a small town setting up for 4th of July fireworks, you kept seeing them work over there but the food and games were the draw until dark

stuart

Pilings as seen from British Pub beer garden this evening

Attachments

• 20230702_180805.jpg
    20230702_180805.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 20230702_180744.jpg
    20230702_180744.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 98

Vinnie Mac

Pilings as seen from British Pub beer garden this evening
The situation with this show is intriguing. We're (supposedly) 3 months away from its grand debut to the world and we know little about it. It's supposed to debut this year but there's nothing to show for it other than some vague concept art with an even more vague description and these giant metal poles in the middle of the lagoon.

MTBaymax

The situation with this show is intriguing. We're (supposedly) 3 months away from its grand debut to the world and we know little about it. It's supposed to debut this year but there's nothing to show for it other than some vague concept art with an even more vague description and these giant metal poles in the middle of the lagoon.
If they can give us 3 months notice for HEA, and slightly longer for Enchantment, they need to throw us a bone soon.

Richie248

I'm thinking this gets pushed to next year....???? Keep running Epcot Forever....add a holiday tag to attract folks during the Festival of the Holidays....

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Disney is taking a page of out of Universal's book. It's unusual for a Disney project to be under construction with so few details released.

TDLFan

Coming off the heels of a streak of misses, it wouldn't surprise me if the decision was made to not over promote this new show. I think they'd rather not promise anything and have people pleasantly surprised rather than tons of horrible Disney Parks PR promising the greatest spectacle ever, like they did with Harmonious.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Coming off the heals of a streak of misses, it wouldn't surprise me if the decision was made to not over promote this new show. I think they'd rather not promise anything and have people pleasantly surprised rather than tons of horrible Disney Parks PR promising the greatest spectacle ever, like they did with Harmonious.
My thoughts as well

Father Robinson

Has it been made clear if these pilings are going to be part of the new show or just temporary fixtures for installation? Haven't been on here in a while.

TTA94

Don’t really expect a answer to this lol but I’ll try anyway. Should we expect the new middle pole area to be the size of the new center barge or platform? And the current small barges location to be the areas of, what we believe to be, the new small barges with lighting on them?

Last edited:

jrhwdw

I have a solution for the next Show, Just go with Epcot's Standards that have worked for Decades!!!!!!! No Fountians or Lagoon Lights but, Heartbeat Of Freedom just proved Epcot's Standards again tonight!!!! OMG!!!!! :) :) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom