News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

James Alucobond

Pretty sure there was a separately mentioned addition people would like for the 100th (not necessarily tied to the night show, IIRC). Modifications to the show itself were discussed as well, of course.

TTA94

Pretty sure there was a separately mentioned addition people would like for the 100th (not necessarily tied to the night show, IIRC). Modifications to the show itself were discussed as well, of course.

Maybe I missed something but I don’t believe anything was said to be happening the end of this year and 2024 entertainment wise besides the new nighttime show and a 100th SSE lighting display.

mattpeto

I remember those posts, but I assumed @wdwmagic was referring to the nighttime show and the special SSE lighting. I don’t know what else could be coming to Epcot entertainment wise besides maybe a daytime WSL show or something holiday related.

I assumed something unique like drones or next version of Illuminations, but a clear lagoon nonetheless.

Squishy

Sadly it was cut.
Mia Goth Horror GIF by Madman Films

Epcot82Guy

To be fair, as someone who really hated the HARM equipment (as well as its story content - or lack thereof), it's not that the lagoon has to be totally clear. That is lovely and something to strive for. Rather, it's about scale. There were days I:ROE's globe was tethered at the barge (assuming for testing) during the day. The Inferno Barge - same thing. While there is of course some level of distraction, it didn't destroy the views. Something smaller, around that size, if it must live in the center would probably be ok. Not ideal, but ok. But, it then begs the question why it must live there - since it would also be small enough to navigate the canal.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
To be fair, as someone who really hated the HARM equipment (as well as its story content - or lack thereof), it's not that the lagoon has to be totally clear. That is lovely and something to strive for. Rather, it's about scale. There were days I:ROE's globe was tethered at the barge (assuming for testing) during the day. The Inferno Barge - same thing. While there is of course some level of distraction, it didn't destroy the views. Something smaller, around that size, if it must live in the center would probably be ok. Not ideal, but ok. But, it then begs the question why it must live there - since it would also be small enough to navigate the canal.
I actually thought illuminations equipment out in the water looked very tacky until it got dark. The harmonious taco barges were enormous and the middle ring was weird but at least they were a little more styled I guess. Either way I think they could do a better job thinking of show look while the sun is out for anything

TTA94

I actually thought illuminations equipment out in the water looked very tacky until it got dark. The harmonious taco barges were enormous and the middle ring was weird but at least they were a little more styled I guess. Either way I think they could do a better job thinking of show look while the sun is out for anything

If the barges were themed it wouldn’t be so bad being out there. For example the RoL lotus.

Better yet I think a large permanent flat barge with fountains that could be during the day as well would be a great idea. It would be a nice replacement for the fountain of nations to.

Sir_Cliff

I didn't think the Illuminations equipment looked exactly attractive, but there was something kind of nice about them setting up as the afternoon wore on as it built up anticipation for the evening's entertainment and gave a sense of progression to the day. I also didn't find it particularly intrusive. Don't have anything nice to say about the Harmonious equipment!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom