News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TTA94

I have a solution for the next Show, Just go with Epcot's Standards that have worked for Decades!!!!!!! No Fountians or Lagoon Lights but, Heartbeat Of Freedom just proved Epcot's Standards again tonight!!!! OMG!!!!! :) :) :)

I wish they did that amount of fireworks every night lol or at least more often than the 4th and NYE.

TTA94

Off topic but has anyone experienced a fireworks show anywhere, in the US of course, that is equivalent or better than Epcots 4th and NYE fireworks?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Off topic but has anyone experienced a fireworks show anywhere, in the US of course, that is equivalent or better than Epcots 4th and NYE fireworks?
Saw fireworks tonight that were pretty comparable to regular Epcot Forever, didn’t hold a candle to Heartbeat of Freedom though

TDLFan

It begs the question, what happened with the Disney Springs drones? If they're not using drones at Epcot, I'd use them to at least bulk up Jingle Bam, especially because it now sits behind a pay wall and in its latest pyro count, doesn't warrant the price tag.

gerarar

Premium Member
It begs the question, what happened with the Disney Springs drones? If they're not using drones at Epcot, I'd use them to at least bulk up Jingle Bam, especially because it now sits behind a pay wall and in its latest pyro count, doesn't warrant the price tag.
Pretty sure like most things, that drone show was contracted out to a company that specializes in drones.

Similar to the drone used during ROTR's media night opening event. Disney would not invest in purchasing drone technology unless they plan to use them long-term.

Maybe in DLP the drones used there is actually Disney's since they're used nightly before their fireworks, or they also contracted them out also.

Squishy

Pretty sure like most things, that drone show was contracted out to a company that specializes in drones.

Similar to the drone used during ROTR's media night opening event. Disney would not invest in purchasing drone technology unless they plan to use them long-term.

Maybe in DLP the drones used there is actually Disney's since they're used nightly before their fireworks, or they also contracted them out also.
The Disney Springs drone show was done by Intel, DLP's is Dronisos

Touchdown

No, but SeaWorld's Ignite fireworks are pretty comparable. Arguably the 2nd best nighttime show currently running in Orlando.

You can get very close by watching it from the Bayfront Stadium stage.
Their fourth tag was also extremely impressive. Just as long as Ignite, and the finale was the end to 1812 Overture, I think, but other then the first 10 seconds I couldn’t confirm because the fireworks drowned out the music and turned night into day. They also did the fourth tag for 4 nights, would be really nice if Disney did that at Epcot and MK.

James Alucobond

Drones may have kept ROL alive........
This is kind of where my mind goes. Drones make a ton more sense if they ever want to revive Animal Kingdom entertainment (plus the animal arrangements I've seen of drones tend to be among the most stunning), and having a truly unique offering at each park also seems wise. Each evening, you'd get a show with projections at Magic Kingdom, live entertainment at Hollywood Studios, drones at Animal Kingdom, and then hopefully something distinct at EPCOT too. Maybe they can just put their energy into giving it the most firepower? Not sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom