News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
Is there a possibility that with this construction in the lagoon that they are creating something that lifts out of the water at showtime? Pilings used to create a barrier for water where it just pours down the sides leaving an open air vault in the middle? Or do I just want a bigger Illuminations globe rising out of the water with the world's largest torch coming out for the finale?

One can dream...

Disstevefan1

Is there a possibility that with this construction in the lagoon that they are creating something that lifts out of the water at showtime? Pilings used to create a barrier for water where it just pours down the sides leaving an open air vault in the middle? Or do I just want a bigger Illuminations globe rising out of the water with the world's largest torch coming out for the finale?

One can dream...
They are just about to complete the "successful" renovation of EPCOT.

They won't touch EPCOT for another 20 years.

doctornick

This tech is clearly working and clearly something people are loving. Why not? Use it to enhance shows. It’s been rumored for years with Disney but they haven’t pulled the trigger.

Using drones in one nighttime show at WDW would be a good idea as a differentiator. I think Epcot makes the most sense for them unless there are problems with it working in a "theater in the round" type setting but I would think they could be used in a way to make it work for such a situation. And I would go with more of a fountain show in DAK whenever something ends up back there.

SpectroMagician

so they went from giant barges that were ugly and stuck out of the water too much, not something else that will be ugly and stick out of the water too much? It's almost as if everyone working at Disney is just totally incompetent now...

so they went from giant barges that were ugly and stuck out of the water too much, not something else that will be ugly and stick out of the water too much? It's almost as if everyone working at Disney is just totally incompetent now...
Calm Down Saturday Night Live GIF by Seeso

I don't think it's fair to make those statements because of pilings that are currently visible while they are obviously in the middle of construction. What we can see now may not be what we see once they are done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom