News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

SoFloMagic

I don’t agree with you here. They need to build hype where they can, bookings are super soft. 35% discounts during the holidays tell the story.

Harmonious details were given years ahead. Even Enchantment had a few months notice.
I think we have as much detail now as we did for enchantment. Wasn't that just one rendering (which didnt match reality) and a corporate buzzword press release?

SoFloMagic

I mean, the dock is not new. As long as it stays low-profile and relatively unobtrusive, it will be essentially the same as before. Honestly, whatever they’re doing could conceivably make it look a little better if it masks the more industrial bits.
Also could serve to center it in the lagoon (as Steve implies in the article)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It would be difficult to make a worse show than harm. Fireworks and music will always be better than music and tacos running screensavers with a side of fireworks.
We hope.

There were opportunities to make harmonious better imo. The middle ring was not smart as it created only 2 ideal viewing angles. The taco barges and the light water effects however weren’t bad and were way more advanced than illuminations.

If only they weren’t sitting there all day but many forget illuminations objects were moved in the afternoon to sit out there as well.

SoFloMagic

We hope.

There were opportunities to make harmonious better imo. The middle ring was not smart as it created only 2 ideal viewing angles. The taco barges and the light water effects however weren’t bad and were way more advanced than illuminations.

If only they weren’t sitting there all day but many forget illuminations objects were moved in the afternoon to sit out there as well.
I think the video they showed on the tacos ranged from laughable crap an 8th grader could have made to potentially offensive caractures of cultures. So I'm pretty confident this will be better.

James Alucobond

I still don't understand why Epcot needs it this way when Backstage worked for everything before Harm......
The vault dock has been there for a long time. If the end result is similarly low to the surface of the water and conceals the mechanical, isn’t that actually a bit of an improvement? We’ll have to see what it ends up looking like.

TheMaxRebo

I still don't understand why Epcot needs it this way when Backstage worked for everything before Harm......

They have had similar in the past that the barges from the back would anchor to - how it was done for Illuminations, etc. - assuming this will function similarly

Figments Friend

Last I was aware the new Show is not supposed to involved unsightly, gigantic pieces of hardware.
There is to be clear view of World Showcase Lagoon during the day and then some elements are supposed to appear for the evening presentation.

How involved, and what that entails is a closely guarded secret at the moment.
We shall discover for ourselves soon ….

It has been mentioned already that this new production includes something that will be a nice plus and a worthwhile, welcome addition to Epcot.
Read into that what you want to at this point.

-

jrhwdw

Last I was aware the new Show is not supposed to involved unsightly, gigantic pieces of hardware.
There is to be clear view of World Showcase Lagoon during the day and then some elements are supposed to appear for the evening presentation.

How involved, and what that entails is a closely guarded secret at the moment.
We shall discover for ourselves soon ….

It has been mentioned already that this new production includes something that will be a nice plus and a worthwhile, welcome addition to Epcot.
Read into that what you want to at this point.

-
I thought the "Cool" Addition was cut??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom