News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

jrhwdw

Yep.

“EPCOT Forever,” the limited-time spectacle of fireworks, lasers, lighting and special effects, will include a patriotic Fourth of July grand finale – “Heartbeat of Freedom.” The show will take place at 9 p.m.

Am I impatient? Or is Epcot slow at this????
And looks like Fireworks Testing at Epcot Tomorrow Night!

TTA94

As we all are I’m curious what to expect for the new soundtrack. Obviously its going to be a IP fest again but are we talking something similar to Harmonious with different languages, something, even more, like HEA and WoC? Or something different that’s instrumental like RoE but with IP? The latter would be preferred by many.

TheMaxRebo

As we all are I’m curious what to expect for the new soundtrack. Obviously its going to be a IP fest again but are we talking something similar to Harmonious with different languages, something, even more, like HEA and WoC? Or something different that’s instrumental like RoE but with IP? The latter would be preferred by many.
They said there will be a new original theme for the new show so that will be more like RoE and was a big element missing from Harmonius

No word beyond that. I think they will opt not to do the different languages, just to not repeat the last show and also I think if going to be a well known song then people want to sing along ... But just a guess

TTA94

They said there will be a new original theme for the new show so that will be more like RoE and was a big element missing from Harmonius

Yeah im thinking basically like every other castle show with a original theme song and the rest is a bunch of well known songs guests can sing along with lol. Maybe WoC One may be a better example of what we should expect, just not visually.

mattpeto

New show details really have to be coming soon.

Some of have mentioned here that Harmonious didn’t do enough for beverage/food and EF can’t be drawing more, especially billed as an interim show.

I still think 10/1 is likely the target.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
New show details really have to be coming soon.
No, they don't.

First, there's no unspoken compact between Disney and its customers that they are obliged to tell us in advance about anything.

Second, they get crucified if they reveal something about a new attraction that has to get cut for good reasons, and all of a sudden, it was the only thing that people wanted and Disney is just cheap.

Third, they get crucified if they reveal anything too soon, because people start the clock on how long it takes to build it.

And fourth, and most importantly, if they announce some new fantastic night show that won't premier until October, it causes people to hold off on going to Disney until it's 'live.' It's against Disney's interest to hype up a new attraction that won't be until 'later.'

mattpeto

No, they don't.

First, there's no unspoken compact between Disney and its customers that they are obliged to tell us in advance about anything.

Second, they get crucified if they reveal something about a new attraction that has to get cut for good reasons, and all of a sudden, it was the only thing that people wanted and Disney is just cheap.

Third, they get crucified if they reveal anything too soon, because people start the clock on how long it takes to build it.

And fourth, and most importantly, if they announce some new fantastic night show that won't premier until October, it causes people to hold off on going to Disney until it's 'live.' It's against Disney's interest to hype up a new attraction that won't be until 'later.'
I don’t agree with you here. They need to build hype where they can, bookings are super soft. 35% discounts during the holidays tell the story.

Harmonious details were given years ahead. Even Enchantment had a few months notice.

TTA94

I wonder if theyll hold off till 1 month before the debut and announce the details at DestinationD in sept.

If they are aiming at 10/1 they may start testing in August and with Destination D23 being in September they may want some testing footage to reveal. Just my guess.

Hopefully the new show won’t be the only thing they talk about entertainment wise and for 2024.

TheMaxRebo

I don’t agree with you here. They need to build hype where they can, bookings are super soft. 35% discounts during the holidays tell the story.

Harmonious details were given years ahead. Even Enchantment had a few months notice.

plus we are only like a month or so out from being able to book ADRs for Oct 1 and beyond ... if a big thing is for the new show to be better for booking restaurants that give a view and for the dessert party, etc. they may want it announced before people's booking windows open

James Alucobond

How long until we start getting complaints about something being permanently docked in the middle of world showcase lagoon during the day?
I mean, the dock is not new. As long as it stays low-profile and relatively unobtrusive, it will be essentially the same as before. Honestly, whatever they’re doing could conceivably make it look a little better if it masks the more industrial bits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom