News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I agree.

I don't want to say never, but I don't see a nighttime show for AK for years.

I'm just hoping the course correction (see WDW discounts) starts sparking some discussion on returning WDW experience to it's former state. It will be interesting to see what their next major move is, but you would think it would start at AK.
I still say they should have put some of the harmonious barges in AK lagoon for a night show. It’s way more hidden than in Epcot and could give them a non firework show using the projection, water, screen, and light effects

mattpeto

I still say they should have put some of the harmonious barges in AK lagoon for a night show. It’s way more hidden than in Epcot and could give them a non firework show using the projection, water, screen, and light effects
I don’t disagree but I’m sure there were many challenges to move/anchor/maintain it and develop a unique show on top of it.

They have philosophically abandoned AK as night offering is what I believe.

jrhwdw

DAK really needs a nighttime show, they just need to bite the bullet and go for a WoC show instead of wasting money attempting mediocre experiences that last only 1-3 years. I do wonder if TDO execs think that fountain shows don't work especially after RoL, Harmonious & Universal's mini WoC clone failed..
I wouldn't call it a Failure.......Didn't the Show break??

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Generally agree, but why can't Lion King and Nemo run later in the day? You may need to hire another shift of performers, but I don't see any intrinsic reason they couldn't have more shows.
The shows run on the hour. Let’s say that DAK will mirror DHS hours. That would leave the last show for 7 at the latest. Using other WDW parks for comparisons they will generally not run a large show which will end at close. (Look at Indy as a template)

TheMaxRebo

Yeah that’s kind of why I said “if there are net positives”. Which I don’t think there will be.

Pandora, Asia & Africa all need new attractions.
I think they need both ... they need to redo dinoland AND add to Pandora AND either update Rafiki's or put something in the area between the main park and Rafiki's

So I would welcome updates to Dinoland, but hopefully that isn't the only one

TheMaxRebo

everything I heard was the scale of them was way off for the size of the lagoon at AK

BUT I do think something like them would fit better there than at EPCOT

WorldExplorer

"Giant, ugly metal" is the theme of exactly zero areas in the parks and that's the way it should be.

I'm glad they're dead.

Also, Disney needs to have consequences. Maybe next time they'll think things through instead of inputting terrible ideas because they can always repurpose them and ruin a different area if they get too much pushback in this one.

ToTBellHop

Technically they are doing one new attraction per year atm, GoTG last year, tron this year, Tiana next year, Zootopia maybe late 2025 if they get started after DestinationD, 2026 idk
We’d be more likely to see something thrown into Wonders of Life in 2025 if they’re worried. That could come together pretty quickly. The window for anything at DAK in 2025 is rapidly closing.

TTA94

Would be nice if we didn't need HEA/EF to fall back on.......

Although HEA is still stunning, so.......

There’s F! to… it’s all a matter of opinion of course but WDWs entertainment isn’t exactly the greatest. Something needs to be done with parades. One park has no day or nighttime entertainment, one park could use a better additional nighttime show.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Less than 2 Weeks till July 4th....Is Epcot doing anything????????

Yep.

“EPCOT Forever,” the limited-time spectacle of fireworks, lasers, lighting and special effects, will include a patriotic Fourth of July grand finale – “Heartbeat of Freedom.” The show will take place at 9 p.m.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom