News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

MrPromey

CineSpecs pyro could probably have been heard from World Showcase. That one certainly wasn’t neighbour friendly (despite the closest buildings being built on land Blackstone sold)
I remember standing in line for Hagrids at the end of the night and being able to see some of the pyro (like how you could see the blinky trains going over the lift hill for RRR*) but we couldn't hear it.

If you weren't looking in the direction of them over there, you could miss 'em.

*the nighttime view of that ride in the distance makes me feel like I'm at a renascence festival taking place next to a state fair.

MrPromey

I agree…

But it’s also 10 minutes of a 14 hour day and tends to be a bigger deal with man-babies Than the kids these days
Hey now! I care about the environment as much as anyone but I still want my big boom-booms!

🤣

Someone was talking about the Sea World show. I haven't seen it but it sounds kind of funny to me that the big independent park in central Florida with some semblance of an environmental theme apparently has a show full of heavy pyro and flame-throwers.

I guess it doesn't bother Shamu the same way it does dogs. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

MrPromey

It’ll be shocking if it doesn’t get cut, again.
CharlieBrownLucyFootball.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I remember standing in line for Hagrids at the end of the night and being able to see some of the pyro (like how you could see the blinky trains going over the lift hill for RRR*) but we couldn't hear it.

If you weren't looking in the direction of them over there, you could miss 'em.

*the nighttime view of that ride in the distance makes me feel like I'm at a renascence festival taking place next to a state fair.
19:50 -

Were you thinking of Cimematic Celebration? Hagrids wasn’t a thing when Cinespec ran.

MrPromey

19:50 -

Were you thinking of Cimematic Celebration? Hagrids wasn’t a thing when Cinespec ran.

Okay, yeah, I was.

I didn't catch you were mentioning a different show.

Never got to see that one as it's entire run was in the no-go zone for my son when he was old enough to understand he was getting shafted in child-swap all day but too young to enjoy most of what was there.

... Same reason I'm unfamiliar with the 1am boom Andrew25 keeps mentioning but that'll finally change this year.

Last edited:

jpinkc

ROE just needs to be put back. Update the Globe etc. It had a heart and a soul and also a good message to the fans about the world. But I am told I am old now and the world doesnt want that anymore. What do I know LOL just a lone crazy man screaming in the woods(Worlds Showcase Lagoon having my eyes and ears bleed at the taco shell abomination). But at least my kids agreed it sucked.

HMF

ROE just needs to be put back. Update the Globe etc. It had a heart and a soul and also a good message to the fans about the world. But I am told I am old now and the world doesnt want that anymore. What do I know LOL just a lone crazy man screaming in the woods(Worlds Showcase Lagoon having my eyes and ears bleed at the taco shell abomination). But at least my kids agreed it sucked.
You are not alone.

doctornick

Seems more and more likely they are saving details for Destination D23. They need something to announce and talk about, entertainment wise.

They don't necessarily announce stuff at Destination D23. I mean, if the timing works out they certainly could but the event is not significant enough that they would "hold" an announcement for it. They can also make an announcement of something new ahead of that event but provide some more specific details at Destination D.

More specific to this thread, I would expect they will have some announcement of the new Epcot show before the fall. I doubt they'd wait for Destination D23.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom