News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TTA94

Maybe slow bookings will help the night parade chances. What are they promoting in early 2024?

Dining plan and no reservations won’t move the needle much.

Yeah so far they don’t have anything going on for entertainment in 2024. Obviously Epcots show will be promoted but the other parks won’t have anything. Maybe the question is are the still content with MKs evenings consisting of only HEA and has its popularity been dwindling or is it no longer keeping guests in the park.

Last edited:

bmr1591

I know Destination D23 isn't normally where big announcements take place, but it sure feels like Disney may be pressed to announce something this year with absolutely zero on the horizon other than Tiana and a fanbase growing frustrated.

TheMaxRebo

I know Destination D23 isn't normally where big announcements take place, but it sure feels like Disney may be pressed to announce something this year with absolutely zero on the horizon other than Tiana and a fanbase growing frustrated.

This year it is the D23 Expo, not Destination D23 so should get more and I would be shocked if we don't get a decent amount of news. Whether that is what they wait for to announce a date for this show or things like that, I don't know but I think they know the "blue sky" thing last time didn't go over well and there is nothing coming after EPCOT finishes and Tiana's opens.

At a minimum I would expect to see concrete plans for the Dinoland update - not "blue sky" talk but "this is the plan, this is happening, and the first stage is opening in 2026 or whatever

bmr1591

This year it is the D23 Expo, not Destination D23 so should get more and I would be shocked if we don't get a decent amount of news. Whether that is what they wait for to announce a date for this show or things like that, I don't know but I think they know the "blue sky" thing last time didn't go over well and there is nothing coming after EPCOT finishes and Tiana's opens.

At a minimum I would expect to see concrete plans for the Dinoland update - not "blue sky" talk but "this is the plan, this is happening, and the first stage is opening in 2026 or whatever

This year is Destination. Next year is Expo.

Andrew25

I am expecting, but oddly not at the same time, some significant announcements since Universal 3-Park APs with Epic Universe, new and resort hotel reservations should start going on sale same time before the D23 expo next year. If they want to convince WDW APs to keep renewing after being thrown to the side for the past few years, they need to announce things.

aladdin2007

I am expecting, but oddly not at the same time, some significant announcements since Universal 3-Park APs with Epic Universe, new and resort hotel reservations should start going on sale same time before the D23 expo next year. If they want to convince WDW APs to keep renewing after being thrown to the side for the past few years, they need to announce things.
Agree, the problem however their thinking is oh lets give them a free cartoonish figment magnet, that will appease them.... They just don't get it, the bean counters in charge are content with just that and operate like its some golden good enough deal. Bare bones we all keep buying back into.

Andrew25

Agree, the problem however their thinking is oh lets give them a free cartoonish figment magnet, that will appease them.... They just don't get it, the bean counters in charge are content with just that and operate like its some golden good enough deal. Bare bones we all keep buying back into.

The problem is that WDW APs (I am one myself) eat that stuff up... just go on Twitter to see the ridiculous queue that formed on day one.

If you are an executive looking at the ROI on new popcorn buckets and a new ride, it's much easier to approve another bucket design. But this is a completely wrong mindset to have.

I don't expect a new attraction every year, but the parks need to have a consistent pipeline of new experiences (whether a refurb, new show, or new ride) to entice guests to actually visit.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The problem is that WDW APs (I am one myself) eat that stuff up... just go on Twitter to see the ridiculous queue that formed on day one.

If you are an executive looking at the ROI on new popcorn buckets and a new ride, it's much easier to approve another bucket design. But this is a completely wrong mindset to have.

I don't expect a new attraction every year, but the parks need to have a consistent pipeline of new experiences (whether a refurb, new show, or new ride) to entice guests to actually visit.
They do change decorations and cupcakes seasonally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom